PDA

View Full Version : Leaking On/Off

Jegger24
10-22-2006, 11:23 AM
Well, I attempted to get a few new people into playing paintball today and I had nothing but problems with one of my backup markers...a modded Shutter. (A quick side note is that the "noobs" are now hooked and looking for markers to buy!)
To make a long story short, my NDZ on/off with air bleed is doing nothing but "bleeding" out when I try to put a tank on. I have no idea what I did or what happened. The on/off wasn't even the problem during any of the games either! I got it home, cleaned and lubed it, then went to fire a few more rounds through it, and now this is where I am at. Any ideas or suggestions? Thanks in advance for your help!

Hob Hayward
10-22-2006, 12:19 PM
I've never used on of these before but, perhaps, you forgot to turn the knob in all the way before screwing the tank in, so the bleed was partially open and the tank pin partially depressed. Just a thought.

Jegger24
10-22-2006, 02:03 PM
I had the knob backed out all the way so it shouldn't have been depressing the pin valve. There is still some air getting into the marker to partially "charge" it. It seems that the bleed is maybe stuck open somehow? I have no clue....

Bigwrecker
11-03-2006, 02:04 PM
check and replace the tank o-ring

Jegger24
11-04-2006, 12:18 AM
I put the same tank on one of my other markers and there wasn't a problem at all so I don't think that is the case....

Bigwrecker
11-05-2006, 09:48 AM
then maybe you should contact ndz and see if you can get a replacement one, it may be defective...

nickspyder13
11-27-2006, 03:35 PM
i had the same problem so i riped it appart and there was a crack in one of the o-rings but it was on the under side of the o-ring so i couldn't see it with out takeing the o-ring off

ooglieboogliebob
11-27-2006, 04:52 PM
.... just take the o-ring off in the ndz on/off, replace and relube it. Simple as pie.

Jegger24
11-28-2006, 08:35 AM
Thanks for all of your help everyone! I played with my new marker yesterday and was thinking about this problem after I got done. I appreciate all of the recommendations! Once I try ripping it apart and everything, I will let you know what happens.

THANKS AGAIN!!!