PDA

View Full Version : Buying a Tank

divvichild
10-21-2006, 06:31 PM
I currently own a rodeo and use CO2 for air. However, Im thinking about buying an ion which would require compressed air. Now, the question:
Should i buy a tank preset at high pressure or low?
The ion runs low pressure, but i would like to be able to use my rodeo with compressed air.
I know that the ion has a reg, but ive also heard some people say that running it with high pressure could damage the internals.
I open to all comments :)
Thanks

bamf-hacker
10-21-2006, 06:34 PM
You want a High Pressure tank. The Ion's reg will bring the psi down bellow 200psi which is what you need to run the Ion at. If you do go higher than 200psi you can harm your internals, blow hoses and damage the noid.

mgsboy
10-22-2006, 08:20 AM
I beg you to reconsider on the ION...but whatever.

I had one for a month and hated it. But I guess it just depends on the user.

Sandman_Bravo
10-22-2006, 01:41 PM
Myself, and a lot of my friends have had great luck with crossfire tanks. HP ftw.

divvichild
10-22-2006, 11:02 PM
So bamf, you recomend the i go with the HP tank, but make sure that i keep the reg to below 200psi. Any other precautions that you recommend that i take?

mgsboy, why to you not like the ion. I went paintballin sat and borrowed a friends ion and i loved it. Bear in mind that ive been playing with a rodeo, that could be the reason i liked it so much.

bamf-hacker
10-23-2006, 04:05 AM
yes... before you air up the Ion for the first time. Dial the reg all the way down then turn on your air source. At that time you can increase the PSI until you are shooting the FPS you are looking for. There have been cases where the reg was turned up to high and people blowing the noid and/or hoses right off the bat.

and the Ion is a great marker. As long as you treat it good it will work fine for you. Lube it after every use and keep it clean. Use new batteries and you will love your new Ion.

xafterlifex
10-24-2006, 02:24 PM
Myself, and a lot of my friends have had great luck with crossfire tanks. HP ftw.

Yeah i've got a crossfire 68/45 HP and it works great with my spyder. Would recommend it to anyone.

timbertiger20
10-29-2006, 10:17 PM
Don't buy an ION! They are just hit or miss......for a few bucks more you could get alot easier marker. For $300 you could have a freestyle!

claustrophobia9
10-30-2006, 05:57 AM
Don't buy an ION! They are just hit or miss......for a few bucks more you could get alot easier marker. For $300 you could have a freestyle!
oh yea, cuz leaking is fun too.

druid
10-30-2006, 08:46 AM
tanks here...http://www.buyluckypaintball.com/servlet/Categories?category=Lucky+Air%2FCO2+Tanks

pbfreak3221
10-30-2006, 02:43 PM
I say crossfire ftw...