PDA

View Full Version : Ariakon Overlord

Nenkitsune
10-21-2006, 05:21 PM
So, i'm planning on buying a lnib (only had 1 mag through it) ariakon overlord, and a nib mag from a person, for 110 shipped. i'm getting it because i would like to have a sidearm/backup whenever i play woodsball and senario (because it's no fun field stripping a gun in the forest to clean a break/jam) i've heard a lot of great things about them, and i was wondering if anyone has had any experience with them.
(i'm also giong to play at the local structured field, called Fayettnam with a friends rotc group, and figured this would be a great testing ground for it)

PWNDuAgain
10-21-2006, 06:01 PM
PB Pistols are lame.

Just get a more reliable marker like a Tippman 98 or an A-5

DRAGON
10-21-2006, 06:49 PM
He didn't ask about a Tippmann or if a pistol was lame, he asked if anyone had any experience with these markers. Stay on topic.....warning - :dodgy:

EDIT: Looks as though another mod here pwnduagain - ;)

Sgt. Slaughter
10-21-2006, 06:55 PM
PB Pistols are lame.

Just get a more reliable marker like a Tippman 98 or an A-5

He is obviously not interested in a Tippmann. Pistols are not so lame either. Some people like myself(who owns an ACP2) have found that having a sidearm is really useful in a handful of situations. I can't even tell you how many times my trusty pistol has got me out of trouble or let me get a few more opponents to go to the dead box with me.
As far as my experience with Ariakon alone is remarkable. I have had nothing but great things from that company. They are just flat out great, from purchase to trouble shooting:D .

Now I happen to have a fellow team mate on my scenario team that has bought an Overlord over the summer. From what I have heard and used myself I love the marker. Comes out of the box great with little room to upgrade. It come stock with a Delrin bolt. Which not only allows greater efficiency, but even less maintenance as well. Not to mention you never need to lube the bolt, which is greatly exposed to the atmosphere. No lube there means no place for sludge to build up.

bamf-hacker
10-21-2006, 06:56 PM
BAMF to the rescue!!!

A vacation will do him some good

Total90Oliver
10-21-2006, 07:31 PM
He didn't ask about a Tippmann or if a pistol was lame, he asked if anyone had any experience with these markers. Stay on topic.....warning - :dodgy:

EDIT: Looks as though another mod here pwnduagain - ;)

LMAO, that was a really good line, wow, finally he got banned, but, yea, back on topic. Do you have a link to this Overlord gun? I want to see it.

Jegger24
10-21-2006, 08:03 PM
LOL I was wondering who was going to get to ban him!

Here is a link....

http://www.actionvillage.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/DisplayProductInformation-Start;sid=_NfOqKe5jADOE-KDEcEOAK1t9Kaq8n7ztJ8=?ProductID=2EXAqArbmK8AAAECZ D40Fxy7

Total90Oliver
10-22-2006, 06:22 AM
I like the 32 degrees pistols more, but what are going to do with a pistol? Just play recball? that would be pretty fun, everyobe has pistols

Nenkitsune
10-22-2006, 10:38 AM
i play recball mostly, and i can think of a lot of times i could use it (we play a lot of times in thick shrubs and forests, where a normal marker ends up being a nightmare to use. and i'm going to play at a structured paintball field, and figured having a pistol with me would be perfect in that type of environment.
anyways, my truck needs a new torque converter cause mine burned out, so i won't be able to buy the overlord yet XP