PDA

View Full Version : Firefox problem

Team Ramrod
10-21-2006, 10:35 AM
I've asked around and tried to figure out but ill let you guys have a crack at it too, i cat quite figure it out.

I'm having an issue with my Firefox that I can't quite figure out. It doesn't happen all the time but on some sessions trying to use Firefox the pages wont load. I open Firefox to my homepage, Google, and the image wont load, I take it the rest does because of the stored cache but no other sites load. If I try and load a page it will appear to be loading but the little status thing in the bottom left corner says "Stopped" and the page wont load. I know it's not an issue with my internet because IE7 works fine. I am using the latest version of Firefox and have tried uninstalling/ reinstalling to no avail. I have even downloaded Firefox 2, the beta version and that didn't solve anything. I have run my anti-spy ware and anti-virus programs and that didn't help either. If you could please try and help me with this issue it would help allot, as i really don't like IE but am forced to use it. I am running XP home, SP2. If you need anymore info just ask.

Thanks in advance.

Nenkitsune
10-21-2006, 10:59 AM
i think the only time i've had that happen was when my net was being bogged down by my sister using the other computer. hitting refresh solves the problem pretty quickly. i noticed though, that putfile videos don't work in firefox, so i have to open up an IE tab in firefox to get it to work. it's probably just poor coding on putfiles part.

Hossy
10-21-2006, 01:37 PM
i get a problem similar on my mac, i just quit, and reopen, and its fine for me.

i usually get it after im on the internet for a long time, or firefox is opend for a long time

pbgrandpa
10-21-2006, 02:04 PM
I had the same problem-till I went into the presets on FasterFox and change the setting. The (courteous)setting works best for me and I don't have the problem with pages loading anymore

Team Ramrod
10-21-2006, 02:06 PM
I dont have FasterFox, i have modded the settings in the config portion, but that was a tried and true method (does what fasterfox does, only manually) and noone else has the problem. Oh well, it seems fine now and im only having issues with sites by google (mainly gmail)

durrell
10-21-2006, 02:25 PM
I did the settings and got FasterFox..I don't have any problems.