PDA

View Full Version : Helppppppppppppp

RomeNYRR
10-21-2006, 08:19 AM
i had to disassemble my vs3 because the vertical adapter was loose. so i finally got it tighteng,but then i said let me try taking out the bolt. so i pulled the bolt back and lifted up, and then a small medal ball rolled out. i was lookin int hemanual and couldnt find this little ball. what the hell did i do? help :(

Hob Hayward
10-21-2006, 08:49 AM
Hrm, I dunno where there would be a metal ball in a spyder, perhaps leave it out and see what happens?

Hossy
10-21-2006, 08:58 AM
maybe that was the problem?
besides the VA

vwjimmy
10-21-2006, 09:21 AM
Sounds like the tension ball in the bolt that holds the cocking pin in place...
What do you see down the hole in the bolt where the pin goes?

Hossy
10-21-2006, 09:34 AM
Ding Ding Ding..i think jimmys right

RomeNYRR
10-21-2006, 09:45 AM
i'll take pix, give me a second

RomeNYRR
10-21-2006, 10:07 AM
www.agobor.com/spyder i have 2 pix in there. sorry they're not too clear

vwjimmy
10-21-2006, 10:17 AM
That spring and ball belong inside the bolt...
They hold the cocking pin in....
Did you take that screw out of the back of the bolt?

RomeNYRR
10-21-2006, 10:19 AM
That spring and ball belong inside the bolt...
They hold the cocking pin in....
Did you take that screw out of the back of the bolt?

i took out the screw after the ball fell out. i just cant figure out how to get it back in with out it falling. any suggestions?

vwjimmy
10-21-2006, 10:22 AM
If the ball goes right thru the hole...the bolt needs to be replaced...
You could put the bolt and pin back in the marker and then put the ball, spring and screw in from the back.....

RomeNYRR
10-21-2006, 10:29 AM
this sux! i did everything by the manual :(. let me see if what happens :(

CareBear-Killer
10-21-2006, 11:00 AM
lol, no worries, I did the SAME thing... pulled a little too hard and pulled the pin right out of the bolt.

So, to reassemble... since you have the screw out of the back of the bolt... put the locking pin its hole, the put the ball bearing in the back of the bolt, followed by the spring. pull the locking pin back up, so that it is in one of the locked positions and hold it in place. Put the screw back in, and hand tighten. the locking pin should be held in place now, so just screw the screw in some more with a screw driver until there's some tension on the pin and you're good.

RomeNYRR
10-21-2006, 12:07 PM
i want to thank jimmy and carebaar, and everybody else for your support:). i finally got it, except i made a big boo boo. after i figured out how to put it back like carebaar said, i kept on tryin to remove it by twisting the locking pin just to make sure that i knew what to do in the future . well all that twisting winded up damaging my spring. it was twisted to the point where i couldn't rebend it to its original state. so i came up with a quick fix. i put the locking pin in place, then i dropped the ball bearing in the hole, and then i put the screw in and turned till the ball made contact with the pin and couldnt move anymore. seems to work great right now. should i keep it like this or should i try to find a spring? do you think this can create problems later down the road?

OtterSC
10-21-2006, 01:09 PM
seems to be a problem... i had a similar issue. but did not bend anything.

if you can find an old click style pen, canibalize if for that spring.

DRAGON
10-21-2006, 02:35 PM
If the detent ball worked its way through the hole w/o removing the screw & spring, they machined the hole too large. I'd contact Kingman and ask for a replacement bolt. The detent ball should not come out on its own. It will only get worse with time -

CareBear-Killer
10-21-2006, 04:21 PM
If the detent ball worked its way through the hole w/o removing the screw & spring, they machined the hole too large. I'd contact Kingman and ask for a replacement bolt. The detent ball should not come out on its own. It will only get worse with time -

Personally, i just don't think they put the screw in far enough, to create enough pressure... the way the pin and bolt are, it looks like the ball bearing is designed to sit half in the bolt, and half in the pin. .. I dunno, maybe i'm wrong.

DRAGON
10-21-2006, 05:18 PM
Personally, i just don't think they put the screw in far enough, to create enough pressure... the way the pin and bolt are, it looks like the ball bearing is designed to sit half in the bolt, and half in the pin. .. I dunno, maybe i'm wrong.

Lol, so what is supposed to happen when you pull the pin out, the ball just falls through? :D The ball is supposed to protrude just far enough to slide into the cutout of the pin, not fall through. Essentially the inside is drilled on an angle or bevel. The through hole is a slightly smaller diameter than the ball so it does not fall through. The spring lets the ball push back into the cavity and push the ball back out into the pin slot once in position. The screw holds the spring in and controls the spring tension. The ball should not fall out. It's a machining error if it does -

CareBear-Killer
10-22-2006, 01:21 AM
I don't think the pin is suppost to come all the way out. ??? there's 2 notches in the pin, and the space between the notches doesn't pertrude out as the red of the pin's body....but either way, i thought I just didn't know my own strength and manhandled the bolt with excessive forth.

I tend to have bad luck, so.. I kinda just figured this was a once in a lifetime deal. hopefully this isn't a mass scale issue....

OtterSC
10-22-2006, 03:01 AM
the design of the pin is just what C.B. is speculating. as i mentioned, all of the bolt pins are not really supposed to be removed all the way. it is to stay in the bolt. that is what it is so tight to remove completely. and why the top of the body is slotted for the pin/bolt removal.

RomeNYRR
10-22-2006, 04:32 AM
the design of the pin is just what C.B. is speculating. as i mentioned, all of the bolt pins are not really supposed to be removed all the way. it is to stay in the bolt. that is what it is so tight to remove completely. and why the top of the body is slotted for the pin/bolt removal.
so otter, do you think that the hole in the rear of the bolt is too big for the ball bearing? should i contact kingman, or just try to find a spring?

OtterSC
10-22-2006, 04:47 AM
so otter, do you think that the hole in the rear of the bolt is too big for the ball bearing? should i contact kingman, or just try to find a spring?

personally, i think you can get a new spring from Kingman. or, just use a clicky pen spring cut to size.

Theheroguy
10-22-2006, 01:09 PM
lol, no worries, I did the SAME thing... pulled a little too hard and pulled the pin right out of the bolt.

So, to reassemble... since you have the screw out of the back of the bolt... put the locking pin its hole, the put the ball bearing in the back of the bolt, followed by the spring. pull the locking pin back up, so that it is in one of the locked positions and hold it in place. Put the screw back in, and hand tighten. the locking pin should be held in place now, so just screw the screw in some more with a screw driver until there's some tension on the pin and you're good.

I did the same thing on my vs2 while watching cnn and freaked for an hour until I found that ball

edit if I screw the spring in too farthen my ballbearing comes out also

chakaloso
10-23-2006, 04:54 PM
Hello guys, i´m new in the forum, and i think it´s a great site!........i just got a vs3 and i had the same issue, but in my case i lost the ball, i did not know it belong to the bolt, so i just put the pin back.......and put more tension on the spring.........can i cause any problem in to the bolt or something using in it like that? or do i have to change the bolt?.....i live in mexico city so there´s not a kingman dealer near by.............

DRAGON
10-23-2006, 05:01 PM
Welcome......call Kingman at 1-888-kingman and ask for a tech. They'll prolly send you one for free -

chakaloso
10-23-2006, 06:29 PM
i still have the same question..........using tne bolt spring like that.....with out the ball, can it cause any damage in the bolt?

vwjimmy
10-23-2006, 06:40 PM
It can wear the pin, and then you will need one of those too.....
also, it will not hold the pin very well....

CareBear-Killer
10-23-2006, 09:12 PM
you'll also need to loosen the screw, to remove tension when you want to pull the pin to remove the bolt. otherwise you could bend or damage the spring.

Kingman-Rep
10-24-2006, 08:46 AM
Welcome......call Kingman at 1-888-kingman and ask for a tech. They'll prolly send you one for free -

This is the best solution. if you can't get a hold of someone by calling, send me a PM with a phone number

nightmare88256
10-24-2006, 11:19 AM
i had to disassemble my vs3 because the vertical adapter was loose. so i finally got it tighteng,but then i said let me try taking out the bolt. so i pulled the bolt back and lifted up, and then a small medal ball rolled out. i was lookin int hemanual and couldnt find this little ball. what the hell did i do? help :(

My vertical adapter is a little wobbly too. When I gassed the marker up the va tightened up and didn't move as much. Should I tighten mine up as well, or just leave it as is?

chakaloso
10-24-2006, 07:09 PM
ok, thanx for the help........vwjimmy, carebar-killer, kingman rep...............i just got an e-mail from kingman and they will send me the ball , i just need to fax them the warranty and the receipt.....great customer service......thank you guys.....saludos!

chakaloso
10-24-2006, 07:14 PM
My vertical adapter is a little wobbly too. When I gassed the marker up the va tightened up and didn't move as much. Should I tighten mine up as well, or just leave it as is?

i asked kingman about that......this is the answer they gave me............. The movement of the vertical adapter is normal because the screw does not screw into the adapter itself.......

nightmare88256
10-24-2006, 07:26 PM
That works for me then.