PDA

View Full Version : Driving permit/licence test??

conradl
10-20-2006, 06:25 PM
Ok, I am making this thread just to see if you fail the first time you took your driving permit/license test. Just want to know cuz I failed mine today and am sad and very angry.:( :( :( :( :( :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

claustrophobia9
10-20-2006, 06:27 PM
no i passed it without studying without trying in like 5min

vwjimmy
10-20-2006, 06:28 PM
I passed in CA the first time I took it... 1979!!!!
Hang in there, read that book and go next week and you will own it! :)

claustrophobia9
10-20-2006, 06:31 PM
its like a 78% to pass.... how hard is that? dont drive on the left, stop at the octagon sign

badlandsrox
10-20-2006, 06:34 PM
i failed the first time on my learners permit, i take my drivers test (one of the many benefeits of being from alberta) in 3 months :)

conradl
10-20-2006, 06:39 PM
no this test was hard! it had to do with driving with a trailer and how to strap in babies and crap like that, so I am going to demolish this test next week, I didn't look at the book, so I still have chance!.

comes next friday I am not going to miss a single question

08Lud08
10-20-2006, 07:05 PM
I Passed the part with the signs with 100 percent and on the part about the laws and the rules I missed 6 but the second time I took it I passed it with 2 wrong. I'm happy though that I have the class at school and dont have to pay any thing to take the test and then at the end of the class I get a 15 percent discount on insurance. I got my learners in september so 11 months till I get my liscense.

colonel_moo
10-20-2006, 07:05 PM
it must be harder in CA or something, cause all the questions i got were rediculously easy.

03TiburonGT
10-20-2006, 07:13 PM
Yeah same here moo. I got my permit on my 16th birthday and I'm planning to get my license on my half birthday (the minimum in MA). The permit test was super easy and all my friends have said their license testss were super easy as well. Here you need 30 classroom hours, 6 driving hours with an instructor and 6 hours observing with an instructor to complete Drivers Ed. My last lesson is Skid School on a wet/icy closed off parking lot, that should be fun.

conradl
10-20-2006, 07:17 PM
danm I wish I passeded it I got 9 wrong and your allowed to miss 8, out of 50! but I will still be able to get my license when I am 16,

PWNDuAgain
10-20-2006, 07:19 PM
Wow you failed your drivers test...

You should stick to a bicycle.

badlandsrox
10-20-2006, 07:25 PM

And we can only guess how many grades you failed :dodgy:

PWNDuAgain
10-20-2006, 07:29 PM
Bachelors in Chemical Engineering and a Masters in Business. So not many!

Hossy
10-20-2006, 07:29 PM
i cant take mine until next month, on the 16th.

we here, in MD have to be 15 and 9 months for the learners, and 16 and 3 for the provisional license.

i cant wait to drive

badlandsrox
10-20-2006, 07:30 PM
in alberta 14 for learners, and 16 for full drivers

conradl
10-20-2006, 08:23 PM

At least I dont have a 1.9 gpa

and BTW I didn't study!

Oh and here is an EASY problem on my test:

When you strap a baby into a car seat the child has to be...

A) six years, 70 pounds
B) five Years 65 pounds
C) five years 55 pounds.

this is one of the easier problems.

so dont talk until you have taken my hard *** test. I think mine was harden than normal.

badlandsrox
10-20-2006, 08:27 PM
At least I dont have a 1.9 gpa

and BTW I didn't study!

Oh and here is an EASY problem on my test:

When you strap a baby into a car seat the child has to be...

A) six years, 70 pounds
B) five Years 65 pounds
C) five years 55 pounds.

this is one of the easier problems.

so dont talk until you have taken my hard *** test. I think mine was harden than normal.

Was it on the computer, or on paper?

Paradox313
10-20-2006, 08:36 PM
BTW I didn't study!

The questions are supposed to be hard for 2 reasons,
1) to test your knowledge about the roads,
2) how to drive safely and properly on them.

and if you didnt study well thats your problem.

You should have paid attention in your Drivers Ed. Class

It could be different, but all of the questions i was asked, i answered 5 months ago in a classroom, where i didnt study, but still passed.

Just use common sense and be polite.

A Funeral is in procession, should you

1) Treat them as any other vehicle on the road.

2) Join them.

3) Give them the right of way.

4) Some answer

I picked 1 it was 3.

conradl
10-20-2006, 10:29 PM
Sorry if I am being rude, but I am just heated right now!

And I know that I didn't study is my problem but I was so confident I thaught I didn't need to, thus, learning a leason.

bigred76
10-20-2006, 11:44 PM
Hmmph, when I failed my test it was because of lame ass questions that have no real application. Pissed the **** outa me. I mean, I was jiffed from a permit by one question as well, when I answered as if I would if I were driving. I hate the test. End of story. And if you think it isn't rediculously hard and can do it no problem, stfu and get your ass over here and do it. I'd love to see you try. :smirk:

And PWND, stop being an ass. It's pissing the **** outa me like no monkey's business. Cut the ****. Thanks. :)

vikingshadow
10-21-2006, 05:53 AM
I only missed one question on my test (didn't study either!) I still remember it -

When a light changes from green to yellow, you should:

A. slow down and proceed with caution
B. come to a complete stop and then proceed with caution
C. accelerate to make it through before the light changes to red

I chose A - never once in all my years have I seen anyone come to a complete stop and then proceed with caution at a yellow light. The correct answer was B. That was in 1982 and I still disagree with it!

claustrophobia9
10-21-2006, 07:47 AM
ours was coputer and the only hard question was "what is the minimum depth of tire threads in ohio"
and i really really doubt californa has a HARDER test than other states.

conradl
10-21-2006, 08:15 AM
Ours was hand written had 50 problems. I think it felt much harder cuz the question I got were NOT common sense. So I couldn't figure them out, but I was only one away, so next I am going to study and I will have my permit by friday october 27, 2006

DFSniper
10-21-2006, 08:18 AM
um, passed the written part of drivers ed with an 85, passed the driving part with a 70 (bare minimum to pass) and passed the permit test on the first try. i should have had my friggin license two summers ago, but i never went back to the states to get it, now i have to wait til next summer!

I only missed one question on my test (didn't study either!) I still remember it -

I chose A - never once in all my years have I seen anyone come to a complete stop and then proceed with caution at a yellow light. The correct answer was B. That was in 1982 and I still disagree with it!
wow, had that same question on my test, and i think i gave that same answer

Paradox313
10-21-2006, 07:05 PM

I would have picked A too but im sure this was a night-based question cause
when and if someone is racing to the adjacent intersection they look at the other light waiting for the yellow light and usually when that happens they take off so the safest answer to that question is:

PWNDuAgain
10-21-2006, 07:11 PM
And PWND, stop being an ass. It's pissing the **** outa me like no monkey's business. Cut the ****. Thanks. :)

Who do you think you are? Probably some snot nosed kid using Mommy and Daddy's computer when they are not home.

Paradox313
10-21-2006, 07:16 PM
Who do you think you are? Probably some snot nosed kid using Mommy and Daddy's computer when they are not home.

uh shouldnt insult bigred like that
he has the russian mafia connections

and wasnt it a rule that you need like 50+ posts before you can use small flames???

colonel_moo
10-21-2006, 07:50 PM

troll much? i cant believe you guys are taking this kid seriously.

08Lud08
10-21-2006, 08:44 PM
I only had 40 questions. 20 of road signs and 20 of laws and rules. For me it was pretty easy.

bamf-hacker
10-21-2006, 08:58 PM
sorry you failed buddy.

I cant remember my driving test. All I know is I have my license :)

Take it again and read a little more. You will do fine.

Ace24
10-21-2006, 09:47 PM
I personally dont understand how someone could fail it. I messed up on one question, and thats because I didnt study. Guess what the question was.
Yep, thats right... a DWI one. Oh well. Its usefull to know all of the information they put on that test. Even if you dont think it is. I sometimes like to look back at the manual I printed out to check and prove my dad wrong when he makes traffic violations and argues with me on who had the right of way.

shunut
10-21-2006, 10:19 PM
I got 100% when I took my permit test. Didn't have to take the written again to get my license and I didn't have to take the in the car test either. When I got my license driver's ed was not required but if you took it you didn't have to take the driving tests to get your license.

conradl
10-21-2006, 11:32 PM
Please lock this it is making me feel very bad, that I failed. I know i created it but I thaught alot of people failed, but almost everyone passes.

SO, LOCK THIS IT IS MAKING ME SAD!!!:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

bigred76
10-22-2006, 12:08 AM
Hey Conrad. I was in the DMV today and took my test. I was paying attention and noticed that only 2/5 people that took the test at about the same time as me passed (including me, W00T!!!!!!!). So it's a hard test here in Cali... all the damned ghey rules you have to remember are nonsensical... Just try and do better next time. One thing I noticed is that you should almost always pick the answer when it's a safe thing to do. Aparently that's what they think is always the right answer. :rolleyes:

conradl
10-22-2006, 12:12 AM
thanks for cheering me up, but i still waNT IT LOCKED!

thank you!!!