PDA

View Full Version : Question about remotes

elitism
10-20-2006, 11:09 AM
3 buddies of mine and I bought a 3000 psi remote. While we have been playing the cord seems to get twisted and coiled around itself regardless of the type of gun or how you hold your gun. Is there any trick, technique, or special way to put it on to prevent this from happening. It kinda sucks when you go to lay down and shoot and you can't reach out becuz your cord is all coiled together lol. Thanks in advance.

druid
10-20-2006, 11:36 AM
that's the nature of the coiled cord. It twists because the free-floating connectors (asa side) spin and the line follows suit. There's really not much you can do about it except stretch it out some so there's some slack in it. If you place the tank on your back, fabricate some "belt keepers" that will hold the coil to your belt and wrap it around (your waist) to the front of your body and then to your marker. The only 'loose' coil will then be where it departs from your belt and goes to the asa which may help minimize the twisting.
Your only other 'real' option is to buy the straight stainless remote line but they are rigid and unforgiving...really just a PITA to use in general.

elitism
10-20-2006, 11:51 AM
Thanks, thats what we thought. But I figured I ask some ppl with more exp than us.

bamf-hacker
10-20-2006, 12:11 PM
you also get or make a coil cover to keep the coils from linking into each other.

SpecOps sells them and I am sure they would be pretty easy to make out of some fabric.

Ace24
10-20-2006, 01:12 PM
Bamf FTW!

DRAGON
10-20-2006, 02:18 PM
Another thing to consider is when you attach the remote and pressure enters the line, it tends to kink up. Let the bottle and line dangle from your marker and let it untwist itself, then put the bottle back in your harness or vest. Alleviating the kink will make things more comfortable when shooting. Comfort level when shooting also has to do with where the bottle is in reference to your marker -

elitism
10-20-2006, 03:37 PM
Well, we all were harnesses with the tank in our back and screw the tank in and then put it in our harness and then hook it to the gun. While playing we all have to stop several times to uncoil it because it got all tangled up some how. Mine always get all coild together behind my right elbow (i hold the gun in my right hand). It seems no matter what I try it does it over and over. I will try what you guys say tomorrow and see what works. Thanks again.