PDA

View Full Version : Of the month contests

vikingshadow
10-19-2006, 12:14 PM
Ok, starting TOMORROW (Friday, October 20th) you can start sending me pictures of your respective guns for this month's OTM contest. Any pictures received today will be promptly deleted - I need my PM space for the moment.

It would be good if you went to this thread (http://www.spyder.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=44)and read the rules for the contest. Anyone can enter, either in the Spyder of the Month, or the Non Spyder of the month. The only excluded people are those that have won the contest already this year (and that's only with the gun they won with.) If enough people show interest, we'll have the Action Picture of the Month as well (I hope so, this was my favorite one of the three!)

Please make sure to send me the type of gun you have along with the specs on it. People like to see the work put into it.

Contest will start one week from this coming Saturday.

Thanks for the patience most of you showed and get those pictures coming in!

Ace24
10-19-2006, 12:18 PM
WOOO HOOO!!!!

*Runs around room wiggling* :wiggle:

I'm going to have pics of my gun sent to you as soon as I get home from school!

vikingshadow
10-19-2006, 12:25 PM
WOOO HOOO!!!!

*Runs around room wiggling* :wiggle:

I'm going to have pics of my gun sent to you as soon as I get home from school!

Man, read the whole post. DO NOT SEND THEM TO ME UNTIL TOMORROW!

Sheesh!

shunut
10-19-2006, 12:26 PM
Ace you know that your gun goes in the Non-Spyder of the month correct?

Ace24
10-19-2006, 12:26 PM
Yeah I meant tomorrow lol. I'm home from school right now.

Ace you know that your gun goes in the Non-Spyder of the month correct?

Wait it does? Last time I entered it, Viking put it in the Spyder of the Month section...

Great... now I feel like I'm going to lose immediately.

shunut
10-19-2006, 12:28 PM
That was before it was T-1'd. It no longer functions like a Spyder, same reason my Spimmy was in the Non-Spyder of the Month.

vikingshadow
10-19-2006, 12:30 PM
For the new people's benefit, and a reminder for those not so new, here are the rules for the contests.

#1 - KISS - Keep It Simple Stupid! Have fun, but let's keep the popularity contest at a minimum...vote for the gun you think looks the best, or has the most work done to it.

#2 - Send me a picture of your gun, sized to 640 X 480 (or whatever it was before.) If it's not that size, it won't go in the poll - you'll get a link instead. If you want, and think it will help, send me the stats on the gun. However, your name WILL NOT go in the poll with the gun.

#3 - The gun you present MUST be your gun. Same goes for the action pictures - they must be of you and not just a foot or elbow. For example, just because you like Carbine' Hornet, does not mean you can enter it!

#4 - There will be a "Non Spyder of the Month" poll for guns like Timmy's, Shockers, Angels, Cockers, etc. that aren't considered Spyder's or Spyder Clones (basically blowbacks and those guns considered "lower end" markers.) T1s, Primals and Spimmys will fall in this category since there is nothing "spyder-like" except their bodies anymore.

#5 - There will be a "Spyder/Clone of the Month" which will encompass all Spyder/blowback clone markers.

#6 - If there are plenty of action pics, I'll post a poll for those as well.

#7 - Once you win, you won't be allowed to enter that gun or action pic again until the "of the Year" contest.

#8 - Discussion of the guns will be allowed in the poll thread, but do NOT discuss who's gun it is. Let's let the people decide on their own which gun they want to pick.

#9 - Refusal to follow these painfully simple rules will result in not being in the contest. PERIOD.

#10 - Have fun!

bamf-hacker
10-19-2006, 12:31 PM
yeah... I agree with shunut.

Are we allowing more than one entry Vike? Or should we wait and see the turn out this time first?

shunut
10-19-2006, 12:36 PM
vike - picture size should be 640 x 480

vikingshadow
10-19-2006, 12:44 PM
Ace - it appears I may have inadvertantly put your gun and the T1'd mongoose in the spyder poll in error. I think I was trying to build up the poll, and once it got rolling, didn't move it to the other poll. As it was, it was unfair for Shunut's gun to be in the Non Spyder of the Month, and the other two guns in the Spyder poll. The other mods brought this to my attention, and after reviewing what they had to say, I have to say I agree with them. Fortunately, in that contest, neither your gun, nor the Mongoose, won the poll (that would have been a MESS!) You have to understand, my goal for this contest is that it be fair for everyone entered, and not slanted to allow a particular gun more of a chance than others.

The definition of a Spyder is: A gun made by Kingman that has a characteristic BODY style and utilizes a BLOWBACK operation. A clone of the Spyder is any gun that has the general BODY shape of the Spyder and utilizes a BLOWBACK operation. The Raven Primal, while made by Kingman, does not use a BLOWBACK operation, so it falls into the Non-Spyder category.

Your gun is no longer a Spyder nor a blowback. It has a Spyder body, but that's it! Nothing else. To allow you to enter your gun in the Spyder poll gives it an unfair advantage (in some people's eyes) over a Spyder. After all, you have done more than just changed the various parts, you've made it into a whole new gun.

Sorry for the misunderstanding - as you may or may not know, the rules for the contest are constantly evolving. However, not so much as to change any particular outcome for the year. Hopefully, though, we're finally getting set upon a certain set of rules. (You should have seen them last year!)

vikingshadow
10-19-2006, 12:46 PM
yeah... I agree with shunut.

Are we allowing more than one entry Vike? Or should we wait and see the turn out this time first?

If you want to enter more than one gun, that's fine with me. I feel that I should warn everyone though - the more guns you yourself enter, the more the votes may be diluted. (Instead of 20 votes for your one gun, you might get 9 for one and 11 for the other.)

Shunut - I fixed that for ya!

Ace24
10-19-2006, 01:20 PM
Ok now I understand. (But I am still confused on what to call my gun. Its not a Spimmy because there are no Timmy parts... So what do I call it? A Dragun One with a Spyder body?)

vikingshadow
10-19-2006, 01:28 PM
Really, there's no name for it. The name thing is just someone makes up (Like Spimmy is a Spyder and Timmy mix, and Dimmy is a dragun and timmy mix.) Your gun is more of a Spippy because it's not really a Dragun either (T1's are Dragun - Zippies are something else.)

Guess you could call it whatever you want!

bamf-hacker
10-19-2006, 01:30 PM
Ok now I understand. (But I am still confused on what to call my gun. Its not a Spimmy because there are no Timmy parts... So what do I call it? A Dragun One with a Spyder body?)

Um... how about a Paintball Marker? :D

that would pretty much cover it I think :)

Ace24
10-19-2006, 01:38 PM
I'll call it a Zenix. :) Either that or Zipix. Hmmm... maybe I should start thinking up names like what Bamf does with his markers lol.

Berserker
10-19-2006, 01:43 PM
How about stupid-nix?

vwjimmy
10-19-2006, 03:20 PM
Vike,
Just let me know how many entries you need to fill out both marker catagories and I will be glad to help out! :) lol
Really, let me know if you need any help!

Ace24
10-19-2006, 03:39 PM
How about stupid-nix?
Comming from someone who actually owns a 21 inch "Sniper" barrel.

PWNDuAgain
10-19-2006, 05:43 PM
I am entering my A-5 and my 98c snipper....

Hossy
10-19-2006, 05:47 PM

zomg a snipzors

i know ill have a few entries

Ace24
10-19-2006, 05:51 PM
:spazzesout: Are those like a turtle? Snapper turtle?

...must....find....FLAME THEROPY THREAD!!! :angry:

:dodgy: Help me God...

PWNDuAgain
10-19-2006, 06:51 PM
OK first of all I did not say I was a snipzors (speak English please)

I said I have a 98c Sniper, called that because of the remote, 16" hammerhead barrel and 50 round hopper.

So if you want to say anything say i have a cool gun that you are afraid to lose against in this of the month thing.

Ace24
10-19-2006, 06:58 PM
Omg.... Time to ignore... time to ignore... IGNORING THAT LAST STATEMENT!

Hossy
10-19-2006, 07:03 PM

I said I have a 98c Sniper, called that because of the remote, 16" hammerhead barrel and 50 round hopper.

So if you want to say anything say i have a cool gun that you are afraid to lose against in this of the month thing.

i dont want this to be flaming or anything, but there is no such thing as a paintball sniper, thats why everyone was like Snipzorz.

anyways, i hope that this time around we have alot of entries for a great contest!

conradl
10-19-2006, 07:20 PM
I have a quick question can I post pics of my spyder even though I dont own the whole thing. I am parting it out and the only thing I have sold is the ESP frame.

Ace24
10-19-2006, 07:32 PM
I think you can still post it... As long as you ahve the pics, and you made the gun... it doesnt matter what is on it or not now. Right?

bamf-hacker
10-19-2006, 07:36 PM
There was some discussion about the OTM that you need to own the gun for it to be posted. We will let Vike decide this is his baby.

timbertiger20
10-20-2006, 12:05 AM
Vike let me know when the contest ends. I will see if I can't get some assembled pics of the Borg when I'm playing this weekend!

Nenkitsune
10-20-2006, 04:17 AM
hey ace, why don't you call your gun a spygon (spyder dragon) or maybe a fragon (fenix dragon) XP
i'm gonna put my 2 guns into the contest (1 for each)

vikingshadow
10-20-2006, 04:39 AM
Yes, BAMF is correct, we did discuss it. The issue is this - one of the rules used to be (not sure if it still is, but it should be) the gun has to be yours. Otherwise we run into the problem of people finding an awesome gun somewhere on the internet and saying, "Here's my entry."

So, to make this legit, it has to be your gun - of course, if you have parted it out and not told anyone, how would we know? This is another example of how the rules evolve to make the contest better!

Berserker
10-20-2006, 04:50 AM

oh yah - cool gun! il vote 4 u!

Whats wrong with being a snipor?

vwjimmy
10-20-2006, 06:14 AM

Man, I am trying hard to look past these posts....
I'm glad you have a 'cool' gun. Everyone here loves their marker. Everyone here is supposed to be supportive of everyone elses marker as well. Everyone welcomes you to this forum and to the contest with open arms...win or lose. Their are many of us with markers that are the very top end of todays technology....
We are not bashing anyone elses marker.
This forum is for the exchange of ideas in a positive mannor. In simple terms..."If you have nothing nice to say...say nothing"
Personal opinions always welcome, but not un abashed rudeness. There are plenty of places on the internet for that...this is not one of them.
If you love the game of Paintball, and love paintball markers, marker upgrades, and equptment, then this is the place to pick up advise, share ideas, and meet like minded people. If you want to 'pwn' people, entertain yourselves at the expense of others and/or their stuff, or just display you pension for being nasty....please do it elsewhere.
/post

Ace24
10-20-2006, 11:01 AM
oh yah - cool gun! il vote 4 u!

Whats wrong with being a snipor?

Do you really want me to explain to you why your definition of a "snipor" is off? First of all, your 21" barrel is a dead givaway that your not a real sniper. Rather someone who is wasting air trying to get a ball to travel further and not hitting anything but branches and leaves.

I'm going to leave it at that, before I start screaming and *twitch* twitching... *twitch*

*twitch*

*twitch twitch*

spyderpaintball
10-20-2006, 11:10 AM
Play nice kiddies or the OTM contest might go *POOF* or maybe you might ;)

Ace24
10-20-2006, 11:13 AM
My gun is entered. Viking should have it. But Shunut... please spare us and dont pop in with another amazing Spimmy for teh NonSOTM Contest. :( The rest of us want a chance at winning lol.

Hob Hayward
10-20-2006, 11:23 AM
I'm going to presume that these two people are the same person. They sign up at the same time, one looks like a moron, and boosts the reputation of the other. However that could just be random thoughts by me.

Anywho, I suggest a mod deals with these two, and either eliminates them for their intentional bashing, or straightens them out.

bamf-hacker
10-20-2006, 11:30 AM
I'm going to presume that these two people are the same person. They sign up at the same time, one looks like a moron, and boosts the reputation of the other. However that could just be random thoughts by me.

Anywho, I suggest a mod deals with these two, and either eliminates them for their intentional bashing, or straightens them out.

They do not share IP's and have been logged on at the same time. We are investigating them as we speak.

Daddy360
10-20-2006, 02:18 PM
Noice Noice....Damn i hope my gun comes in the mail in time.

vikingshadow
10-20-2006, 02:45 PM
Ok, what I'm seeing the most is people are ignoring the size requirements. That's ok, but don't ***** when your gun is only a link in the poll....

vwjimmy
10-20-2006, 03:05 PM
640x480 people......

newkid
10-20-2006, 04:36 PM
Heck Yes!!!! its back

badlandsrox
10-20-2006, 04:38 PM
what about an accesory catagory, (aka, we could put modded accessories in)

vikingshadow
10-20-2006, 05:45 PM
you mean accessories that are on your gun? Or an accessories poll?

If you meant the poll, then feel free to do it yourself with my blessing. I only do the guns and action pics...

Ace24
10-20-2006, 11:36 PM
Just checking, but mine was the right size right?

vikingshadow
10-21-2006, 04:44 AM
yes

timbertiger20
10-22-2006, 11:39 PM
Date pics must be in by? Going to take pics of my marker tomorrow!

vikingshadow
10-23-2006, 03:41 AM
By this coming Friday - polls go up next Saturday.

Ace24
10-25-2006, 04:44 PM
Quick question. What is the rule on voting for your own marker. Is it allowed?

marvin-martian
10-25-2006, 05:00 PM
yes

Ace24
10-25-2006, 05:09 PM
I was asking Vike, since hes the one who makes the contest, and is the one who puts all the work into it.

mv540
10-25-2006, 05:11 PM
I was asking Vike, since hes the one who makes the contest, and is the one who puts all the work into it.

trust marv:rolleyes:

vwjimmy
10-25-2006, 05:13 PM
Oh...Oh...Oh....
Is it ready? Is it done? Did I win? Am I entered? Can I enter? Can I vote?.................
LOL :)
Thanks for everything Vike! Hang in there ;)

marvin-martian
10-25-2006, 05:15 PM
and ive been familiar with the OTM polls fot at least 15 months now.

08Lud08
10-25-2006, 05:31 PM
when do we get to vote?

vwjimmy
10-25-2006, 05:34 PM
when do we get to vote?
Submissions end Friday....
Poll will be up sometime Saturday...

vikingshadow
10-26-2006, 03:36 AM
Trust Marv - the answer is yes, you can vote on your own gun. Like I even WANT to start in on THAT hassle.

Ace24
10-27-2006, 10:46 PM
Trust Marv - the answer is yes, you can vote on your own gun. Like I even WANT to start in on THAT hassle.
Yeah true... because then you would have to figure out a way to make sure people dont vote for their own gun. Eh... w.e. I'm not voting for my own gun. I cant wait to see the guns this month.

vikingshadow
10-28-2006, 03:58 AM
You're like a kid at Christmas, aren't you? Just can't wait to see the presents....LOL!

bamf-hacker
10-28-2006, 06:38 PM
When are we doing the "of the month" contests. I have a gun I want to enter.

This post is post dated for 11-14-06

Starting you off right Vike :)