PDA

View Full Version : setting up my MR2?

threeinone
10-19-2006, 09:45 AM
Hi I just got my MR2 the other day and I have a few questions. I don't like the stock that comes with it. I was wondering if the stock for the mr3 will work with it? If so does anyone have one that I could buy or trade for the mr2 one? Also, I am shooting co2 and I am getting alot on liquid out the barrel, what can I do? I am thinking of going remote. If I do go remote is HPA worth the money if so why? also does a regulator work, and if so what ones will work with the mr2( I am broke so I need a cheap solution). thanks for your help

new_Faction64
10-21-2006, 08:36 AM
Hi I just got my MR2 the other day and I have a few questions. I don't like the stock that comes with it. I was wondering if the stock for the mr3 will work with it? If so does anyone have one that I could buy or trade for the mr2 one? Also, I am shooting co2 and I am getting alot on liquid out the barrel, what can I do? I am thinking of going remote. If I do go remote is HPA worth the money if so why? also does a regulator work, and if so what ones will work with the mr2( I am broke so I need a cheap solution). thanks for your help

1. Not sure about the MR3 stock
2. A remote, warmer weather, or HPA can solve this problem. There are several reasons that HPA is better than C02 (although, be aware the tanks are much more expensive)...Google for the advantages of HPA, there's articles about it all over the web. Some advantages include:
-lighter tanks, for fiber wrapped ones that is, some do come in steel which is heavy but cheaper
-cleaner because there is no liquid...
-built in regulator...
-no pressure spikes due to cold/hot weather...
-and clear gas shooting out of the gun (not white clouds)

3. Regulators will work with the MR2, but I *think* you need to remove the foregrip, and unscrew a few other items, but there's no permanent mods needed. All regs should work if you do that.

Nikolie
10-21-2006, 09:23 PM
The Trinity expantion chamber also makes a worth while investment if you want to stay with Co2. I live and play in Hawaii, always hot and humid, has cut down on spikes, added good consistancy, and increased my gas economy.

-niko

new_Faction64
10-22-2006, 08:58 AM
The Trinity expantion chamber also makes a worth while investment if you want to stay with Co2. I live and play in Hawaii, always hot and humid, has cut down on spikes, added good consistancy, and increased my gas economy.

-niko

General consensus about expansion chambers is that they are false advertisements, that they don't actually work. You can google for it, it's all over the web.

BUT you said your in very hot conditions, so it could be different for you, ya never know.

DRAGON
10-22-2006, 09:48 AM
Actually expansion chambers are better suited for cold weather not hot. Their purpose is to give the C02 time to expand to a gas state before reaching the valve. In cold weather this process is slowed down, in hot weather there sould really be no probs with the liquid C02 expanding. Just think of what cold and hot weather does to water for instance: it freezes in cold weather but evaporates in hot. A similar effect with liquid C02.....it expands into a gas very slowly in cold weather and should really have no concern at all in hot weather. AMOF this is aparent by the much greater shot count you get in hot weather than you do in cold weather. If the Trinity EP is similar to the Kingman EP's(a hollow drilled cavity inside), I really wouldn't consider it an EP. It's essentially a gas through grip though it does look the Milsim part very well -

On another note; if you're using HPA, there's no reason at all to have an expansion chamber since there is nothing at all to expand in pure pressure -