PDA

View Full Version : ATTN: Serious MR Series Owners Only!

Mistic67
10-18-2006, 05:12 PM
I may have a new product for your MR series marker/gun!

How would like to have an expansion/low pressure/volumizer chamber for your MR?

I've done a lot of research and found that no one makes an LPC for the MR (that I know of). I butchered one that works, but I finally got access to a lathe. For $120 , I had a LPC made to fit my MR3. It needs fine tuning, but the next prototype will be ready.

After looking at the parts diagrams, I'm convinced that the same design will fit all MR series guns! Now the piece I made will not work with standard valves -- there's no post to hold the spring. Right now, it will only work with self-contained valves like the MaddMan.

As you all know, the greater the demand, the greater the quantity & lower the price. I can get the price down to $40 each on a lot of 20, $35 for a lot of 30 pieces.

What I need to know is how many people would seriously be interested in getting an LPC? If I can get 30 people who are serious about going LP, I'll order a batch.

Let me know.

The original design is for the MR3. IT WILL FIT IN YOUR SHROUD! I'm positive it will fit on the MR1 & MR2. The only thing you may need is a 10-32 set screw & teflon to cover the second screw hole. It will fit through the MR shrouds

DRAGON
10-18-2006, 05:29 PM
There's a much more simple resolve for the LPC: Since you have the Rocket valve, simply cut off the raised area that holds the valve spring, of the reservoir adapter plug(#254) and drill it out. Voila! Instant LPC -

Heh.......so you basically took my idea and ran with it. Nice lol - ;)

Mistic67
10-19-2006, 08:47 PM
Heh.......so you basically took my idea and ran with it. Nice lol - ;)

Actually no. I had said before that I planned to keep all the original pieces intact. My big idea was to convert my MR3 to use low pressure. In reading about how to do it, I came up with an idea & design to create a 4" long chamber because everyone says you need volume. I've also read through some of the posts and saw that a few people complained about no LPCs/Volumizers available for the MRs.

The make-shift, self-milled, prototype works fine. I got my marker to recock at 195 psi with it. The next protype made out of aluminum stock was off. This next one my friend is making will be on target.

I never drilled any holes in the original plug. Though, it is a good idea, it may not produce enough volume when converting to low pressure. But, I would imagine it would probably help on a stock MR.

Mistic67
10-20-2006, 08:57 PM
Well, the post has been up for a couple of days with absolutely no takers. I guess this project is shut down. BTW - my MR3 hits 285-295 @ 300 PSI.

** Moderator, please close this thread! **

Thanks.

new_Faction64
10-24-2006, 02:52 PM
Nice optimism lol

Hob Hayward
10-24-2006, 03:39 PM
You really don't acctually need more volume. At least Sundragon didn't when he did the mod to his MR2.

Ace24
10-24-2006, 08:07 PM
In all honesty... I am interested... but interested to see how you did it, and interested in seeing a video showing the pressure and the mod... maybe pics as well? Sounds like a great idea. Just its really expencive if 30 people dont do it.

Mistic67
10-24-2006, 08:52 PM
It is expensive when you are only making one. As it turns out, the LPC will also work on high pressure. You would have to change the valve spring.

And, yes, I have lost my optimism. Oh well.

I have to do more testing on my modded MR3, so I'll take out the make- shift LPC & snap a few pics. I can't seem to get my velocity stable.

You can look at the MR3 LP project I posted. Right now I'm peaking at 295 fps @ 300 psi w/ 32* Black spring 1 1/2 turns in. But it fluctuates down to 275 fps. So, more testing.