PDA

View Full Version : Finally played my first speedball game

SparkyGT
10-16-2006, 11:13 AM
Well after 4 years, i have finally played my first speedball game, was indoors and wasnt the inflatable airball type. It had wood structures, but all in all was pretty fun and a very different type of play. played with the rest of the woodballers, with only one of the girls ever having played there before. As usual pulled my stupid move and was out first again !!. Never before have i taken so many headshots and trigger hand/forearm shots, in one day, I will have to work on tucking out of the way better. Probly going to be doing this now more in the winter as it is snowing outside already. (wont be buying snow camo ever)

Ace24
10-16-2006, 11:29 AM
Wooden bunkers? Sounds like you still havent gotten the real Speedball feel. That sounds more like *thinks of name...* crap cant remember... Hyperball? Something like that. Inflatable bunkers are fun. I still prefer woodsball... but speedball is a really nice/fast twist to paintball.

pbfreak3221
10-16-2006, 11:34 AM
Definetly still have to try the air bunkers, complete different feel.

Ace24
10-16-2006, 11:38 AM
Sure is... for one, the softness makes it possible to press up against it, slide into it without getting hurt, and you can bounce paint off the bunkers to hit people. (I've seen it done so many times... its hilarious... untill one hits me...)

thechubbss12
10-16-2006, 12:19 PM
Good man... speed ball is the evolution of paintball.. granted there are still many woodsballs and the game of paintball woodsball style is still fun but this is just another stage in paintball...

Hope you enjoyed your self and can keep on rocking it on a speedball field

08Lud08
10-16-2006, 12:29 PM
yeah I perfer speedball over woodsball because the games are shorter and gives you more of a rush. Also you can still play at indoor fields if the weather is bad out. Trust me youll get addicted to speedball.

vikingshadow
10-16-2006, 01:12 PM
Wooden bunkers? Sounds like you still havent gotten the real Speedball feel. That sounds more like *thinks of name...* crap cant remember... Hyperball?

Dude - what are you talking about? "Real speedball feel" - that IS speedball and what it was to begin with! Just because tournaments and a lot of fields use Supair or look alikes doesn't mean it's not speedball. Just the bunkers are changed is all. Hyperball is ALSO speedball, just different bunkers.

But, I'm not flaming, I and the rest know what you're talking about. Just the way you said it was condescending. The name Speedball implies "Speed," meaning games are over faster, games aren't played exclusively in the woods, and that it's just a different type of game. My first "Speedball" game (well, the first 10 or so) were on a field with hay bales stacked up as bunkers!

Ace24
10-16-2006, 01:38 PM
I meant... rofl yeah that did come out wrong. I meant that he hasnt gotten the feel of air bunkers in speedball. It feels completely different and it is used more times then the wooden fields.

SparkyGT
10-16-2006, 02:33 PM
yeah will try the air field next, everybody still whines about not being able to bring their own paint :D - think i got my sister hooked on it now, had to let her use my primal, while i used my tlx. She flew back out to quebec and is playing this next weekend again out there at a big indoor one

Ace24
10-16-2006, 02:43 PM
I love indoor speedball fields... but only if they have astro turf.

OMG! I just realised something. NVP is a Canada based company. You have versions of my paintball field in your country! They are the most professional at running the fields that I have ever seen. Are there any NVP's around you? (N'Vasion Paintball)

vwjimmy
10-16-2006, 02:56 PM
About half of the speedball games I play are on a field that uses used tires as bunkers....
Sounds like you had a great time! My 'snap shot' leaves alot to be desired and I get alot of face shots when I am lazy....
The more you play, the more you will want to! Good luck developing you skills this winter!

Ace24
10-16-2006, 02:59 PM
About half of the speedball games I play are on a field that uses used tires as bunkers....
Sounds like you had a great time! My 'snap shot' leaves alot to be desired and I get alot of face shots when I am lazy....
The more you play, the more you will want to! Good luck developing you skills this winter!

Tires are funner then wood. Wood hurts... and you cant slide into it... like you can tires.

Have you ever had a tire bunker fall on you?

vikingshadow
10-16-2006, 03:07 PM
I've had a hay bale bunker fall over on me. Now, that's some hard core speedball right there!

vwjimmy
10-16-2006, 03:26 PM
Tires are funner then wood. Wood hurts... and you cant slide into it... like you can tires.

Have you ever had a tire bunker fall on you?
No....but I have tripped into one and knocked it over!
Instant head shot too!!!!! :p

Total90Oliver
10-16-2006, 03:41 PM
No....but I have tripped into one and knocked it over!
Instant head shot too!!!!! :p

I have witnessed that before^^

As for the speedball thing..

My first time playing speedball was at some field with like refrigerators and couches and some big metal sheets, I was crapping my pant's cuz I had seen my brothers aim before,he is really accurate.

So we played in some wierd rules, you can't cross the field half unless it has been 2 minutes, so 2 min. went by and I peeked out to try and get some shots off, and in that 3 seconds I got shot in the shoulder by my brother, but it was fun as hell

08Lud08
10-16-2006, 03:43 PM
I hate wood bunkers and standing pipes because I run too hard and knock them over. I love the airball, x ball, and tire fields at my local field. The one I hate is called the viper field (hyperball field) because it has two viper car bodies. I hate that field becasue the reffs always turn a 6 on 6 game to a 15 on 15 and theres no space to play any bunker good.

Total90Oliver
10-16-2006, 03:45 PM
Lol, 15 on 15 thats crazy, remember the time when we went to the place on Bird Road and there was like 6 people in one bunker and they kept getting shot and they said no, that was so funny, and I wasn't even playing.

I was watching the paint fly off of teir bodies..lol

Hob Hayward
10-16-2006, 04:05 PM
That reminds me of the scenario I playedi n on saturday not at all speedball relevant, but there were more than 10 guys hiding behind the same spool at one point, it was pretty funny to watch but it was the only real cover.

bamf-hacker
10-16-2006, 04:30 PM
Well after 4 years, i have finally played my first speedball game, was indoors and wasnt the inflatable airball type. It had wood structures, but all in all was pretty fun and a very different type of play. played with the rest of the woodballers, with only one of the girls ever having played there before. As usual pulled my stupid move and was out first again !!. Never before have i taken so many headshots and trigger hand/forearm shots, in one day, I will have to work on tucking out of the way better. Probly going to be doing this now more in the winter as it is snowing outside already. (wont be buying snow camo ever)

Glad you had fun... Learn from your "stupid moves" and keep having dun with it. Aren't head shots great :) nothing like that sting on the noggin at 20' :)

I wish I had an indoor field to play at close to me :(

vwjimmy
10-16-2006, 04:32 PM
I wish I had an indoor field to play at close to me :(

Me too!!! :(

08Lud08
10-16-2006, 05:12 PM
The nearest one to me is 1 hour and 30 mins away.

RomeNYRR
10-17-2006, 07:48 AM
Speedball is definetly a VERY fun sport. woodsball is cool to, but i love the rush from speedball, plus all the screaming lol

SparkyGT
10-17-2006, 09:23 AM
havent heard of n vasion paintball, probly out east. so far for the headshots have all been from the front, have a cap with a plastic insert, so no headshots from the front hurt :d - so far we have 2 areas at the one i was at 15 min away, with a woodsball field 5 min farther away. the other one is inside a large barn/shed(supair) and about 10 min away, has nice bunkers but the group i hang out with don't like the field owners at all.

mgsboy
10-21-2006, 05:23 PM
the game of paintball woodsball style is still fun but this is just another stage in paintball
What would you know Sid...last time we played Woodsball you stayed in one spot and I had to come hunt you down. :D

PWNDuAgain
10-21-2006, 05:57 PM
Speedball with a Spyder?

mgsboy
10-22-2006, 07:50 AM
Speedball with a Spyder?
It's possible......seems less intense...

I don't get it...how the hell are you banned yet still posting? Yes I'm new to the site.

Maxx-Damage
10-22-2006, 09:02 AM
he posted before he got banned
Ive played speedball with my MR2, everybody was so imprested that i played against.

SparkyGT
10-23-2006, 01:14 AM
Speedball with a Spyder?

LOL

had my raven primal there as my gun
tlx -but ended up using this after sis stole my "cool black gun"
piranha evo - used by her B/F