PDA

View Full Version : Hawaii is still on the map

big_daddy_d
10-16-2006, 01:21 AM
Ok after waking up to the house rocking back and forth and thinking North Korea decided to go ahead with their sinister plans, I'm finally back online after 12 hours without electricity... What a ****ty day with no football and electricity, at least noone got hurt and my wife didn't kill me with me being moody and such all day (hey you sit outside a grocery store for an hour and a half waiting on necessities and then go inside and blow $75...)

thechubbss12
10-16-2006, 04:24 AM
Ehh that sux man... hope it gets better lol..

vwjimmy
10-16-2006, 05:26 AM
Hang in there big d.......

bamf-hacker
10-16-2006, 05:48 AM
Glad you are all ok.....

Earthquakes are not fun!!! Unexpected and major.

Sorry for any damage you may have sustained.

shunut
10-16-2006, 06:15 AM
Glad your okay. Always remember in times like these, It could be worse.

RomeNYRR
10-16-2006, 01:13 PM
Glad you are all ok.....

Earthquakes are not fun!!! Unexpected and major.

Sorry for any damage you may have sustained.

umm there was an earthquake? where was i? oh thats right, i was pwnin' with my new spyder VS3 lol j/k ;) ; i hope that you and the fam are okay

Ace24
10-16-2006, 01:17 PM
I heard about that... Looked it up... looked major... They are saying there are mudslides still happening because of it. I hope your not in the way of any of that. :(

Was anything damaged?

durrell
10-16-2006, 01:53 PM
Ouch. Didn't even cross my mind that you were over there D. Hope you're good.

newkid
10-16-2006, 02:05 PM
i wondered about ya

bigred76
10-16-2006, 04:39 PM
Eh, I'm not so worried. 'Quakes happen all the time here. 5.0 is just about to where stuff starts moving. ;) Fun to watch a desk jump across a floor... LOL!

Glad to hear you're OK though, D. The **** after the earthquake is almost worse than the earthquake itself. :(

big_daddy_d
10-16-2006, 05:26 PM
it was kind of eery cause the cat was freakin out but just had a few things fall off the walls, turned on a football game and 5 minutes later the dang power got yanked... Needless to say 12 hours without power sucked. And then of course once the power came back and food establishments on post came on line then myself and my Soldiers got called in to do food safety assesments... GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR :(

vwjimmy
10-16-2006, 05:37 PM
Bummer on the food duty....
I grew up on the west coast and I know what it is like.....
I stayed in Kona in June and heard the place I stayed is hurt pretty bad....
Glad you are OK.... :)

bamf-hacker
10-16-2006, 05:45 PM
Great now that gas is $1.89 for me I will have to pay $8.00 for a cup of coffee...

I cant win.

Glad you did not have much damage buddy!

big_daddy_d
10-16-2006, 05:54 PM
yeah me too, the worst I had to endure was a four year olds insane amounts of boredumb fueld questions all day...

DRAGON
10-16-2006, 07:02 PM
it was kind of eery cause the cat was freakin out but just had a few things fall off the walls, turned on a football game and 5 minutes later the dang power got yanked... Needless to say 12 hours without power sucked. ........
(

Sounds similar to hurricane season in Florida though we had nothing to speak of this year. Worse part is having to throw everything in your freezer away especially if you just stocked it. :( Good to hear everything's back in working order. My God, what would we do w/o the conveniences lol? - ;)