PDA

View Full Version : video game systems

newkid
10-15-2006, 05:14 PM
which do you like?

Maxx-Damage
10-15-2006, 05:18 PM
I like my bros 360, but im stuck with the Gamecube until i decide about switching over to xbox

marvin-martian
10-15-2006, 06:17 PM
sony for the victory!

thechubbss12
10-16-2006, 04:59 AM
Nintendo Forever... By far my fave company and probibly will stay that way...

Cheap and lasts along time...

vwjimmy
10-16-2006, 05:44 AM
360 Ftw......

bamf-hacker
10-16-2006, 05:46 AM
Either X-Box FTW!!!

claustrophobia9
10-16-2006, 09:42 AM
microsoft. like they've said before:
developers developers developers developers developers developers developers developers developers developers developers developers developers developers developers developers developers developers developers developers developers developers developers developers developers developers developers developers developers developers developers developers developers developers developers developers developers developers developers developers developers developers

they know how to make things easier for developers, in turn letting you get more for your money. ill argue all week about this, so if you aren't ready for a battle don't argue.

nintendo is in second. and sony is in third since they apperently hate everyone. (over priced console - hate consumers | overpriced dev kit - hate developers, and inadvertently raising game prices... hate consumer again | using 5fps speed up video/cgi at an expo and claiming its real - hate media | severly undersupplying (like even more than the 360 problem... alot less, estimated to be about 2-5 per store unlike the xbox 360's 10-50 per store) why would i buy that?

marvin-martian
10-16-2006, 11:41 AM
(over priced console - hate consumers

blu-ray is expensive. i heard that a blu-ray player is as much as a PS3, so were getting a deal.

overpriced dev kit - hate developers, and inadvertently raising game prices... hate consumer again

the only game prices (other than GT) that i have seen are 60-65 dollars, matching those of the 360.

severly undersupplying (like even more than the 360 problem... alot less, estimated to be about 2-5 per store unlike the xbox 360's 10-50 per store)

their theory is that decreased availability will increase demand, as that is the cornerstone of economics. BUT i think theyre taking it too far, which could end up hurting them.

why would i buy that?

depends on what you like.
- the Wii is like the little inexpensive toy. although entertaining, it could be lacking certain things.
- the 360 is the good middle ground system with something for most people.
- the PS3 is the very expensive powerhouse. it contains everything you would ever want, but that comes at a steep price.

yay!

claustrophobia9
10-16-2006, 12:01 PM
you're assuming bluray survives.... i wouldn't put money on a team thats lost every game. beta vs vhs. minidisk vs mp3. umd(videos not games) vs ???. bluray vs hddvd.

"their theory" - "The revision of the launch date in the SCEE territories is caused by the delay in the mass production schedule of the blue laser diode within the Sony Group, thus affecting the timely procurement of key components to be utilised in PlayStation 3."

"expensive powerhouse" - expensive parts put in a shell with little thought. like these questions:

q: the specs say power is good... but how easy is it to reach?
a: 7 dsp's make ps3 twice as difficult to program as the xbox 360.

q: could we reach something similar to this performance with less cost?
a: yes... buy more cheap processors instead of one rry expensive one controlled by 7 cheap ones....... wait... thats what microsoft did.

q: if we made it harder to program (with more processors) what can we do to help development teams and encourage new games?

wrong answer: charge 20k for a dev kit
correct answer: charge 100 bucks for a mini dev kit and only a few thousand (1000-5000) for the full thing, and make it available to the public.

sony should have modulated the bluray player so they could mass produce it and offer it as AN OPTION rather than forcing it (and its price tag) on buyers this would limit the amount of money they lost on consoles, raise the number of consoles for november, and lower the price tag.

microsoft makes software for hardware. so they know what hardware optimizes their software, so when they choose the hardware, the people who make the software get a better setup

marvin-martian
10-16-2006, 12:29 PM
i never said it isnt designed poorly. and even though it is, it came out more powerful that the xbox

Ace24
10-16-2006, 12:47 PM
yay!
I'm with marvin on the PS3. Although I dont see the Wii as a toy. Its incredible the options it has, and the type of games that are going to be developed. Also the fact that you can download every game ever produced for a Nintendo counsol on the Wii makes me want one even more. Also you can use your gamecube stuff in it. (Wich is a huge pluss conisdering my gamecube just died... I CANT PLAY RE4!!! Wich I now have two copies of, because I thought my game was the problem... ugh.)

I'm getting the Wii the day it comes out. PS3 on the other hand... eh... I might have to wait. $600 is alot of money. I can make it in a couple months... but its still alot of money to devote to a system. Even though its as powerful, if not more powerful then alot of modern day gaming computers. (cough* xbox *cough)

All the Xbox is, is a computer. There is alot of options for developers... but ****... isnt it easier to do game design, map design, and mods on the computer than with a controler? I would rather put the $300 into my computer to make it to the level of the 360 than buy a counsol that does the exact same thing my computer can and does do. Its personal preference though... and to each his own... but seriously... why waste your money on games for the 360 when you can get the same games on the computer for $20 less.

Sure the Wii and PS3 are also computers... but it would be so much more expencive to upgrade your computer to do what both of those systems do, than make it comparable to the 360.

claustrophobia9
10-16-2006, 02:05 PM
All the Xbox is, is a computer. There is alot of options for developers... but ****... isnt it easier to do game design, map design, and mods on the computer than with a controler?:slap: please dont ever have children.

i was saying that they prepared the xbox 360 by offering cheap software to MAKE xbox games on a computer, not programs for your xbox.... :rolleyes:

all game consoles are computers.... you lose

Ace24
10-16-2006, 02:44 PM
Did I not say that all game counsoles are computers in my post? I was simply stating that to make a Xbox comparable computer is alot cheaper than that of a PS3. You get more for your money.

Its incredible the immaturity of people these days. Everything is a win/lose contest. Grow up Clause. For someone to send me a IM on AIM flaming me, and trying to always out do me is extremely immature. I dont care if I get banned for saying this, but if you didnt want my input and the input of others, dont make the stupid thread.

Muddytaco
10-16-2006, 02:45 PM
360, mircosoft designed the best online system and its all about online play for me.

marvin-martian
10-16-2006, 02:46 PM
if you didnt want my input and the input of others, dont make the stupid thread.
...he didnt make the thread?

claustrophobia9
10-16-2006, 02:48 PM
All the Xbox is, is a computer. There is alot of options for developers... but ****... isnt it easier to do game design, map design, and mods on the computer than with a controler? I would rather put the $300 into my computer to make it to the level of the 360 than buy a counsol that does the exact same thing my computer can and does do. Its personal preference though... and to each his own... but seriously... why waste your money on games for the 360 when you can get the same games on the computer for $20 less.
this statement obliterates your entire arguement. i shows clear evidence that you have no idea what you are talking about

claustrophobia9
10-16-2006, 03:57 PM
for 100 bucks a year you can get xna tools which allows you to develop and upload independent games to xbl.

http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/12002/Source-Engine-Now-Available-for-Xbox-360/

now you can use source sdk along side it and make a GOOD independent game. lets see ps3 top that with their uncentralized online feature.

08Lud08
10-16-2006, 03:59 PM
Actually I'm impressed of how far microsoft has come in such short time with their video game systems. I'm dissapointed in sony for the 3rd time and thats too many for me. First I had a playstation, then ps2, and the ps3 looks like its gonna suck for too much money. I had a mini disc player and that was good until good mp3 players came out about little while later. So I my next system I want is 360. I dont hate nintendo just that the only reason why I want it is for classic games and things like that. If they have a normal controler for the wii I would buy it.

SharpObjects
10-16-2006, 04:33 PM
People are going to buy two systems, an Xbox 360 and a Wii...

Microsoft FTMFW

I don't need crappy Fony imitations of Xbox's online gameplay.

bamf-hacker
10-16-2006, 04:35 PM
ok guys keep this going clean or it goes away...and the players get vacations

bigred76
10-16-2006, 04:57 PM
*puts out singing shirt with a bit of spittle* Damn, that is some flamey environment up thar! ^^^

I just stick with my comp. Built it for $350, and it was the top of the line at the time. Still works very well, so why would I buy a game system?

08Lud08
10-16-2006, 06:22 PM
my computer cost $1000 in 1998 and now its the biggest piece of garbage.

Sandman_Bravo
10-16-2006, 06:28 PM
I voted Sony, but we have just about every system except 360.

Game Boy
GB advance
DS
PSP
PS1
PS2
X box

silentpaintballfreak
10-16-2006, 06:30 PM
A computer gets outdated like every two minutes. that means mine is like a dinasour.