PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know what upgrades there are?

08Lud08
10-14-2006, 09:10 AM
I'm planning on getting a wrath ltd but I want to know if there are any upgrades that make it more effiecient or that important.

durrell
10-14-2006, 10:01 AM
The best upgrade advice I can give is: Don't get a Wrath. For the price you are MUCH better off with an Ion. Even if you don't like the looks of the Ion, the performance is far better than the Wrath's.

bigred76
10-14-2006, 10:50 AM
I would have to go with Durrel because I prefer the feel of the Ion over the Wrath, even stock.

There are upgrades out there for the Wrath if your heart's set if you look really hard, but they're few and far between.

conradl
10-14-2006, 11:29 AM
I would for sure go with the promaster, for about the same price the performance and looks are so much better.

thats what I'm about to get very soon

08Lud08
10-14-2006, 01:49 PM
I shot my friends wrath ltd stock with a stiffi and I also shot my friends hooked up ion(almost nothing is stock besides body) and I shot a stock ion. I like the wrath better because of the 15* reg angle, the stock board is fast, and it has little kick, and the teflon bolt, and it uses autococker barrels. I'm not saying the ion sucks but for me I would have to upgrade it alot for me to love it. I also dont have that much money to put towards the upgrades and when I would be done hooking up the ion I would have spent atleast $500 and for that I could get a shocker or something. Also I know that the Ion is more complicated and harder to field strip because you have to take everything apart to clean it and stuff. I want to get the wrath because I can buy a barrel kit and use it on a higher end gun later, it is really simple to clean and maintain, and I like the body and style better. I did some reasearch and I'm probably gonna get a delrin ram for it to reduce kick even more and a t-board.

I understand the Ion is ep, quieter, and alittle bit more effiecent but I have free air at my field and I dont care about sound. I also know the promaster is $250 but I dont like it and I havent been able to try it yet to say I like it.

Total90Oliver
10-14-2006, 02:15 PM
Try looking for some bolts, I just checked at Actionvillage and they have nothing there except boards, but I don't feel like checking anywhere else.

Wrath is Fasor which is only a little bit worse, and im not even sure what the Promaster is but i think it has stock ramping which is good enough for me..lol.. Can't wait to see your gun Lud

pbfreak3221
10-14-2006, 04:39 PM
The best thing about the ion, is basically unlimited upgrades, definetly get the Ion.

Total90Oliver
10-14-2006, 04:40 PM
yea but i think he has a hook up with the Wrath that's why..am I right Lud?

08Lud08
10-14-2006, 05:23 PM
No but I dont really care about cosmetic upgrades, only performance and with the wrath it already has most that I want already.

Total90Oliver
10-14-2006, 05:26 PM
no that ur not getting a hook up with the Wrath, or no to someone elses post?

08Lud08
10-14-2006, 05:37 PM
No i dont have a hook up but I might, I need to ask danny, or I'll just buy justins maybe.

Total90Oliver
10-14-2006, 06:31 PM
kool, how much would u get it from Danny?