PDA

View Full Version : xbox 360 game update

claustrophobia9
10-13-2006, 06:24 PM
well i thought id inform some of you gamers and xbox owners that the real big game season for the 360 is on.
its usually about a year before the large amounts of decent games come out, and its that time for the 360, the console is ripe!
this "season" starts late october and goes through spring 2007. you'll be hit with some really great games.

1. october 19, 2006: splinter cell: double agent
-nothing special, but it is going to be much easier to play, it is multi platform, so its sort-of a low key entrence.

2.november 7 and 12 (yea...): gears of war
- this is the real bang for gamers. words cannot explain how awesome this game will be, but fortunately these videos will, i wont directly link because none are favorites. http://games.teamxbox.com/xbox-360/1167/Gears-of-War/#movies

-note:call of duty 3 comes out on the 7th as well, but uh... ww2 games are old, besides gears will blow it away
-fear also comes out on the 7th, but there is no different content here

3.november 17th/19th(i forget): rainbow six: vegas
- the p.e.c really ruined lockdown, but their new video shows that they fixed it, now that pec doesnt just have 50 things in it... try like 500. also scopes and normal weapons are back, guns are customizable to the tooth movie: http://xboxmovies.teamxbox.com/xbox-360/3756/Rainbow-Six-Vegas-PEC-2-and-Xbox-Live-Vision/

-doa extreme 2 comes out on the 20th, for all of you 12 yearolds that like well animated females...

4. apperently q4: 2k6 but with the lack of vids, and previews, ill doubt it: huxley
-mmo fps. need i say more. only one video is out, its an in engine preview. it seems at the time all they had were 3 weapons a few charicters, 1 vehicle and 1 area of the map, so they had some working to do, nothing incredibly impressive but it is a marking spot, being the first mmofps to really hit consoles

5. q1 2k7: lost planet
download the low(er) res demo on xbox live. its pretty good, especailly when you get the skills down well.

6. q2 2k7 half life 2: 2, ep1, ep2, tf2, portals bundle
-all of this for the regular price of a game, this is a deal! not to mention if you are tuning your skills for halo 3, portals could be the game to do it. already reccommended as brain+hand excersize by both of my level 40 halo freinds.

7. q2 2k7: bioshock
-without the video it really looks pretty sucky... like some aquaman-esque game. but really this is a deep story within the shell of something similar to condemned... i can't link to the video because i dont think mods would approve, even though it asks for birth date before you view it. why? intense gore scenes... through fps its so real that i almost pee-d myself. im sure you can find it at team xbox if you want but i wont link to it unless a mod gives me the goahead. pm me if you'd like to preview it for approval (mods) or if you cant find it on your own (non-mods)

Muddytaco
10-13-2006, 07:53 PM
I have been waiting on gears of war sence the 360 preview videos. Don't forget about forza 2 which now says Q1 2007. I have had HL2 on my computer sence the day it came out so i am not to excited about that one even though i will probably still pick it up.

Guess i will wait for the rainbow six movie to load sence its 71 mb, thats alot even on cable.

Voodoo
10-13-2006, 09:29 PM
what about race games?? i bought test drive unlimited but left it at at my parents house a few weeks ago and have only played the demo. i thought the demo rocked but with no game in hand i am dying to know........

Muddytaco
10-13-2006, 09:37 PM
Test drive unlimited is pretty good but is far to easy....I had over 22 high end cars in less then 6 days, only played a couple hours each day. My cousin beat it in a week and half. It still holds up well after the single player though b/c you can make clubs and challenge other clubs to races.

durrell
10-14-2006, 02:12 AM
Eh. I can't wait to see Halo 3. Bungie never disappoints if they ever get their games released on time..

RomeNYRR
10-14-2006, 04:35 AM
Come on now... COD 3 and SC:DA are going to be great games :).. maybe its because i've been a fan of these games for so long. GOW looks ok, lets see how it turns out.

claustrophobia9
10-14-2006, 06:26 AM
Eh. I can't wait to see Halo 3. Bungie never disappoints if they ever get their games released on time..
if you want to be better at halo 3 matchmaking my friend reccommends this "workout", do all on the hardest setting if applicable:

-splintercell(s) online. this is the game the level 40's and 30's came from playing when halo 2 was released

-burnout revenge single player "story mode": at first the games are easy but then they get hard they'll really get hard, and your hog driving will be a piece of cake.

-gears of war, online and single player. on hardcore (hard setting) it is definately not easy at all.

-rainbow 6 vegas: r63 is where some of the friendlier guys came from, if you play it, its likely you'll find some people to fill your friends list, and possibly play matchmaking or make a clan with.

i didnt mention halo 3 because it had an indecisive date. and sorry about forza and test drive, i havent been keeping up on those. nfs carbon is also out/ or out soon and that looks decent but not like people will play it for a long time or even on live very much.

durrell
10-14-2006, 09:52 AM
Yeah. I love Splinter Cell and Rainbow Six, and I have Live. So if I get a 360 for Christmas I will probably play those types of games.

claustrophobia9
10-15-2006, 10:42 AM
Yeah. I love Splinter Cell and Rainbow Six, and I have Live. So if I get a 360 for Christmas I will probably play those types of games.
i have gears scell and vegas all preordered with their LE's

vegas will redeam rainbow six. 5million different equipment combos ftw.... scopes, bettar gats, etc!