PDA

View Full Version : OMG, I am such a dumbass!

DRAGON
10-13-2006, 05:42 PM
I was walking from my kitchen into the living room last night. I have my fan on all the time because it's still so hot here, even at night. Anyway, I have a small space between the couch and fan that's blowing on my pooter hutch. Trying to walk between the couch and fan, all of a sudden I dumbfoundedly catch my small toe on the couch. :eek: Reluctantly revealing, I have done this before lol. :mad: Not quite such as last night though. OMFG, OMFG.....it almost killed me lol!!!!! I've been stabbed, shot, in car and motorcycle accidents that almost killed me but this was so intense. Anyway, I swear it feels like I broke it but I can move it on my own. It had a little bruising when I got up this morning. I work on my feet all day and when I got home the bruise has spread on top, bottom and between the toes(where teh toe jam hides) :D It feels like a lump under my foot as well. If I went to the doctor they'll just tell me there's not much they can do so I'll just need to stick it out. Worse thing is I was supposed to play paintball this weekend again. I'd show a pic but don't want to toe jam gross y'all out -

/call for sympathy :(

marvin-martian
10-13-2006, 05:49 PM
learn how to walk :dodgy:

hope you feel better?

Paradox313
10-13-2006, 06:08 PM
left foot, right foot, left foot, right foot

STOP! LOOK!

repeat process

TacTownKilla
10-13-2006, 06:15 PM
Pics or shens:dodgy:

colonel_moo
10-13-2006, 06:55 PM
you got couchowned.

DRAGON
10-13-2006, 06:57 PM
you got couchowned.

Ya, me tinks it stuck its leg out and pwn'd meh -

08Lud08
10-13-2006, 07:22 PM
thats why I always wear my sandals in my house. wearing sandals = no stubbed toes.

Total90Oliver
10-13-2006, 07:24 PM
I have down the same thing like 4 times with my pinky toe but instead into a wall, and i always get pissed and throw something at my closet because it makes me feel better..lol

MVS1
10-13-2006, 07:37 PM
I feel for ya...hope it heals quick.

My brother tried kicking the neighbors cat one time (he hates cats, childhood issues I guess), he missed the cat and kick the edge of a corregated metal siding panel, the type they us on metal buildings. Of course he didn't have shoes on, it split his pinky toe in half. Cat-1 idiot, brother-0.

shunut
10-13-2006, 07:45 PM
Buddy tape it. It might help when you are playing this weekend.

DRAGON
10-13-2006, 07:55 PM
I definitely felt like throwing something. I did throw a couple #$& @@!'s while I was at it lol. Kicking teh cat, well then maybe deservingly so hee hee. Shall I use duct tape? If I can't walk well let alone run, I won't be playing ball this weekend. I most likely would not only have bruises between my toes but all over.....OUCH!!! -

Paradox313
10-13-2006, 08:34 PM
oh just hop on one foot, and play backman

but wrap your foot with like 8 towels

i think itll hurt if you get shot on the foot

MVS1
10-13-2006, 09:10 PM
pick up some sport tape, the white stuff that's like 3/4" wide, most pharmacy's have it, walmart carries it. Sounds like you fractured it. Tape your pinky toe to the one next to it, not too tight, just enough to keep it immobilized. If it starts throbbing the tapes too tight. If it is swollen and hard you might want to see a doc, blood clots from the bruises could cause a problem for ya.

badlandsrox
10-13-2006, 09:39 PM
Sorry to rain on ur parade, but thats nothing... i did the same thing, only running down the hall, and my toe was jammed out of its socket, and half under my foot bone (no idea what its real name is), and it was swolen to half the size of my big toe. This also happened the DAY that i was finished school, so it ruined my summer too :( ... All in all, just be thankful u didnt do that.

Nader
10-13-2006, 09:43 PM
*calls poor Drago and comforts him*
All he needs is a litle love and Mr. Pinky Toe will be back to normal in no time.

DRAGON
10-13-2006, 11:08 PM
Update: now my whole foot seems to be swollen. Oze noze. :( The bottom being swolen must have been that lumpy feeling at work today. Now the top seems to be swolen like a mutha. I'm just knowing that if I go to the doctors all they'll do is give me something for the swelling. This sucks! I don't want to miss any work over this crap either......that really sucks! - :mad:

To hell with throwing something, imma burn this damned couch - :couchplus:

CareBear-Killer
10-13-2006, 11:30 PM
If you do decide to see a doctor about it, just go straight to a pediatrist. Your family doctor, urgent care, and the ER will all send you there.

On the bright side, you're still better off than I am. 2weeks back, while trying not to fall in a small wash, i suffered a lis franc fracture in my left foot and i'm out for several months at the very least. I can't return to work for atleast another week.

xNinja-Dolphinx
10-14-2006, 02:20 AM
How did you get stabbed and shot? Thats crazy...

vikingshadow
10-14-2006, 04:24 AM
Yeah, you messed something up, for sure. I know you don't want to - but go to the doctor. Your feet are your foundation, you don't have your foundation, you don't walk, move, stand, squat, anything....

Better to go and be told it's alright, than HAVE to go in a couple weeks and possible mess it up even worse in between.

Oh, by the way, OUCH!

newkid
10-14-2006, 04:26 AM
yeah, i always stub a toe on my coffee table and once I stepped on a toothpick that was sticking half way in the carpet and about a 1/4 of it went in my left foot (right behind my toes) and I just pulled out. my foot was swollen for just a couple days, so it wasnt that bad.

RomeNYRR
10-14-2006, 04:37 AM
pWned lol by the couch

Total90Oliver
10-14-2006, 06:34 AM
just get a very big strong pillow, preferably filled with sand, take it outside and stab the crap out of it with a knife, lol i saw it in a movie

claustrophobia9
10-14-2006, 06:39 AM
Yeah, you messed something up, for sure. I know you don't want to - but go to the doctor.
have you ever been to a foot doctor? ive been like atleast 10 times recently. its an outragous cost.

i had a few for flatfoot. and had to buy 196 dollar inserts for my shoes.... each.
then i had a plantars wart and he had to shave it off little by little. eventually it brough a capilary up, he cut through it, wiped the blood off then proceded with the acid wash that he always did. 20% salacilic acid.... :( , on an open wound.
then i had to get new inserts for flatfood, insurance covered it. but then i had a "checkup" to make sure they were working which was esentially him asking... "are the working" then me saying "yes" then me leaving and paying 78 dollars. :rolleyes:

08Lud08
10-14-2006, 06:40 AM
lol your like emo or something always killing pillows.

claustrophobia9
10-14-2006, 06:57 AM
just get a very big strong pillow, preferably filled with sand, take it outside and stab the crap out of it with a knife, lol i saw it in a movie
wtf who has a sand pillow

vikingshadow
10-14-2006, 07:44 AM
have you ever been to a foot doctor? ive been like atleast 10 times recently. its an outragous cost.

i had a few for flatfoot. and had to buy 196 dollar inserts for my shoes.... each.
then i had a plantars wart and he had to shave it off little by little. eventually it brough a capilary up, he cut through it, wiped the blood off then proceded with the acid wash that he always did. 20% salacilic acid.... :( , on an open wound.
then i had to get new inserts for flatfood, insurance covered it. but then i had a "checkup" to make sure they were working which was esentially him asking... "are the working" then me saying "yes" then me leaving and paying 78 dollars. :rolleyes:

Who said anything about a foot doctor? I've been to a medical doctor several times for all the feet in my family - that'd be 8 feet....

Sounds like you were going to have to pay that anyways whether it was an MD or a foot guy. As far as the follow up - that's what doctors do - they get you on the return costs.

Chiropractors are worse - they never "fix" the problem. You just keep coming back.

DRAGON
10-14-2006, 09:15 AM
When I got up today it wasn't quite as swollen but I'm sure during the course of the day it will. The toe is still swollen though. I'm not going to the doctor because I know it's not broken, maybe a slight fracture which is no big deal. The doc will do nothing about that but as I said give me something for swelling and tell me not to work on my feet for a while. I'll simply take asprin for that. The pain isn't that much besides when it happened, walk on it or if I spread my toe. Hurts when I spread my toe? Don't spread my toe lol.

How did you get stabbed and shot? Thats crazy...

Stabbed w/a pencil by a crazy kid in the gym locker room. I beat him silly in the head with a wire basket(that you keep your gym clothes in) until he blead. Expelled from school for fighting, imagine that. :dodgy: Shot in the leg while walking through the Detroit projects I used to live in. Walked by two guys in the distance and suddenly, POP POP POP POP POP. I felt a sting while running but didn't realize I was hit till around the corner lol. Funny what you can do when scared ****less. :eek: I suppose he was just trying out his new pistol and I just happened by. I didn't bother to stop back to ask him how he liked it - :o

TheRedBarron
10-14-2006, 09:39 AM
I didn't bother to stop back to ask him how he liked it - :o
That would have been funny as hell...

Total90Oliver
10-14-2006, 09:42 AM
its not really a pillow claus its like those things that have arm rests too, that you sort of just lean on

MVS1
10-14-2006, 11:00 AM
take it easy and give it a week, if your foot hasn't fell off by then you should be fine:D ...if the pain gets to bad you can try what that guy in I think it was maryland did after he cut his hand off with a skill saw, he took a nail gun to the back of his head, said he was trying "pain management" :rolleyes: :shrug:

MatthewTheTheif
10-15-2006, 08:58 PM
Chiropractors are worse - they never "fix" the problem. You just keep coming back.

haha, coming BACK...funny

Drago, heres a home remedy for this weekend...

materials: 1 bag ice, washcloth/towel, 1 glass, 2 or 3 bottles of hard liquor

distribute 1/2 bag of ice evenly in towel/washcloth
evenly ration bag into glass, fill with liquor
watch NPPL tapes and pretend you are there
repeat

pbfreak3221
10-16-2006, 03:19 AM
I hate that, I always hurt my toes, and the docs can't do a thing abou it.

DRAGON
10-16-2006, 04:17 PM
It's now wrapped in an Ace bandage. That will keep my toe in the right place and help keep the swelling to a minimum. Standing at work all day kinda sucks but you gotta do what you gotta do. I lift, carry and walk with things that weigh up to 100lbs as well. I was very glad to get off my feet today. I'm thinking at this rate it may take at least a couple weeks to get half way normal -

timbertiger20
10-20-2006, 12:01 AM
Seems like just having the one foot all swollen would make it really off balance. I think you should use a hammer on the opposite pinky toe to balance things out :) just my $.02