PDA

View Full Version : Evolution 2 Eggy- NEED HELP

A7X_AvengedSevenfold_A7X
10-12-2006, 08:13 PM
OK I bought my eggy couple days ago and everything is nice except one thing, the lid is hard as hell to open and shut. I mean it takes me roughly 10-15 secs just to open the lid. I can't be doing that in the middle of a match. So i was wondering if you all know any tricks to make the lids open and shut easier. Thanks-

DRAGON
10-12-2006, 08:27 PM
I open and close mine about 500 times or more over and over(both in the opened and closed locked positions) till it functions to my liking. I've heard of people sanding stuff but if you take too much off you're screwed -

druid
10-12-2006, 11:01 PM
yep......LIGHTLY sand the little humps at the bottom of the fill port...

bamf-hacker
10-13-2006, 03:57 AM
Use option A (Drago)

Sit in front of the TV and open and close your lid.

If you do use Druid's idea sand VERY lightly. You would be surprised how little you need to remove.

shunut
10-13-2006, 05:19 AM
I've heard of a magnet mod that your sand the locking part all the way off and use magnets to keep it closed.

TheRedBarron
10-13-2006, 07:15 AM
I've heard of a magnet mod that your sand the locking part all the way off and use magnets to keep it closed.
yes I guided Tim through that, he wrote a walkthrough if I remember right, I will have him get a link. good mod.

A7X_AvengedSevenfold_A7X
10-13-2006, 02:08 PM
Can you give a diragram(if possible) of what I need to fikle down. Im kinda slow sometimes.

DRAGON
10-13-2006, 05:14 PM
Can you give a diragram(if possible) of what I need to fikle down. Im kinda slow sometimes.

Sry but from that response, I strongly advise you just do what I mentioned -

08Lud08
10-13-2006, 07:26 PM
The more you use it the easier it is to open dont worry about it.

vikingshadow
10-14-2006, 04:48 AM
Yeah, opening and shutting is the best way to do it. That's how I did mine. In fact, after awhile, it hardly had a catch to it anymore!

As far as the sanding goes, I'll back everyone who said not to do it - I sanded the feedneck of my Eggy down to fit the crappy feedneck on my spyder and after I got a gun that would accept a better feedneck, I was screwed - ended up having to tape the neck to make it thick enough. What a hassle!

You can't add back what you take away with sandpaper.

bigred76
10-14-2006, 09:52 AM
I didn't actually get around to writing that walk through, but if you're patient enough I can type one up right quick. No pix, because my camera sprouted legs, but I'm detailed enough that you shouldn't need them.

Here it is, have fun and be careful!

xafterlifex
10-16-2006, 06:35 PM
Another thing you can do is take out one of the springs on either side. That would lighten the tension because theres only one spring. And if you decide you don't like it. Just put the spring back in.
That way you don't have to modify it alot or open and close it over and over again to break it in. Hope this helps.

A7X_AvengedSevenfold_A7X
10-18-2006, 11:36 AM
Yeha Dragun it works fine now, I opened about 200 times and it work soo much smoother now. Thanks!

JMotioN
10-19-2006, 03:21 PM
i orginally took out both springs and it was great until... i started shooting or shook the hopper to much. the lid would open right up!!! so i just put one spring in and the tension is so nice, and it doesnt mess anything up i dont like plus i dont have to glue magnets. wish they just made the lid like the halos and reloaders :/

vwjimmy
10-19-2006, 03:26 PM
Just a warning/thought.....
A spring on only one side will make the lid torque unevenly and it will break faster......
My .02

JMotioN
10-20-2006, 07:14 AM
whatl break, the shell?