PDA

View Full Version : Springs

rodeoshooter
10-12-2006, 10:40 AM
I recently replaced the main spring in one of my Rodeos. I haven't chrono'd it, but it seems to be shooting too fast and is chopping some balls.....I'm assuming because of the increased velocity. I used the lightest spring in the set and it's adjusted all the way out. Is there a way to compress the spring (maybe using a vice) or should I just shorten it a bit with some wire snippers? It came from a 32 Degrees spring set. Thanks in advance for sharing your experience!

vwjimmy
10-12-2006, 10:43 AM
I would not do anything until you chrono'd it...
You can cut it at the chrono if you need to....

Hob Hayward
10-12-2006, 12:04 PM
Try putting in a heavier valve spring before you do any cutting. Also try the old spring.

rodeoshooter
10-12-2006, 12:14 PM
Hmmm, don't have the old one....it was missing when I bought the gun. What does a heavier valve spring do?

rodeoshooter
10-12-2006, 12:35 PM
OK, lets see if I've got this straight......I checked out Otter's animated diagram....incredible resource Otter, thanks!......The valve spring allows a certain amount of air/CO2 into the chamber to propel the ball. So a tighter/heavier valve spring would make the valve open for a shorter amount of time, lessening the amount of CO2 into the chamber, thus lessening the force at which the ball is fired? Whew, I'm tired......