PDA

View Full Version : Cory Lidle Dead

RomeNYRR
10-12-2006, 03:56 AM
I was at work yesterday and people thought 9/11 was happening again. Sad day for the yankees and his family. RIP Cory
http://www.theatlantic.com/doc/200610u/lidle-crash

durrell
10-12-2006, 04:44 AM
Yeah. I came home from school yesterday and saw that on ESPN. It's tragic to see something like that happen. :( RIP Cory.

Moe
10-12-2006, 06:45 AM
I got out of the elevator on my floor, and I had my headphones on. One of my buds was like Dan...DAN...DUDE...planes, crashing, again. And I was like wtfm8? And then we thought it was a distraction and NYC's subway system was about to blow up, collapsing the whole city in on itself...Fortunatly that never happened. Then I probably changed the channel.

TheRedBarron
10-12-2006, 07:05 AM
I got out of the elevator on my floor, and I had my headphones on. One of my buds was like Dan...DAN...DUDE...planes, crashing, again. And I was like wtfm8? And then we thought it was a distraction and NYC's subway system was about to blow up, collapsing the whole city in on itself...Fortunatly that never happened. Then I probably changed the channel.
:up: how to have a heart Moe.

Anyway, I watched continuing coverage yesterday at work, really blows your mind that that can happen to anyone let alone a major league pitcher who is known for taking his time and concentrating until he gets everything perfect.

Moe
10-12-2006, 11:11 AM
:up: how to have a heart Moe.

No no, that is not it at all. I believe I have a very compassionate heart. I just believe that we blow celebrity deaths way out of proportion. I truly do not think that we needed every single major news station covering this story yesturday. What about the woman who died from cancer yesturday after a long, hard, painful battle? I think that her life should be celebrated more than someone who knowingly took a risk by flying a plane over New York City. But it's not. So, thats what I think. It's not that I don't have a heart. He got my sympathy for a few moments. Then I remember the hundreds of other people that died yesturday in far worse of circumstances.

pbfreak3221
10-12-2006, 11:12 AM
I heard about this, and was pretty bummed. Feel really bad for his family, RIP