PDA

View Full Version : LP questions

spydersnake
10-12-2006, 04:55 AM
I am going to try for low pressure right now i am thinking a quiet riot 32* barrel, plamer stabilizer reg., 32* spring kit, Maddman rocket valve, Macro lines, stock ACS bolt, but what vertical adapter should i go with???? i dont like the angle on the 15* assault block.

shunut
10-12-2006, 06:16 AM
You can go with the Trinity VA or you can look around for a 32*/Bob Long VA. Either should work well.

Welcome to the Forum!

DRAGON
10-12-2006, 03:56 PM
Mod your own VA. All sounds good cept the ACS bolt. They are no good for LP because they let too much pressure escape. Get an aluminum one with o-rings on it from BST here. I've seen tons of them for sale there -

MVS1
10-12-2006, 08:36 PM
sorry but i have to disagree, i use my stock acs bolt and have no problem with running my pilot acs on lp. yea theres minimal blow by but i run my marker at 275 psi and have no problem keeping the fps around 275 fps and 21 balls a sec over the chrono. the acs has done its job and i have not chopped a ball.

Sandman_Bravo
10-13-2006, 04:00 AM
:thinking: That's the thing about mass produced markers. The tolerances aren't the same from one gun to another. You may have success with the stock bolt on your marker while someone else doesn't. Another point to ponder is; your stock bolt works, but how much more efficient a shooter would it be with an o-ring bolt. How much more consistant shot for shot could it be. I'm pretty sure an o-ring bolt would only enhance your LP results. You might even be able to drop to even lower pressures withou losing efficiency. :)
Oh, and also, I've never chopped a ball with my Bandit bolt. I've had many barrel breaks (bad paint, barrel bore to paint size wrong) but that would have happened with any bolt used.

MVS1
10-13-2006, 02:11 PM
Sandman your absolutely right. The o-ring bolt would help maximize airflow...I don't want to high-jack this thread with a debate over bolts, that wasn't my intention. I just didn't agree with dragon saying the ACS bolt was no good for Lp. It doesn't maximize efficiency but it will work with Lp.

DRAGON
10-13-2006, 02:13 PM
sorry but i have to disagree.........

Ya, I suppose my own personal experiences can't compare to yours - :rolleyes:

TheRedBarron
10-13-2006, 02:23 PM
Ya, I suppose my own personal experiences can't compare to yours - :rolleyes:
Of course it cant, but mine can. And I have had the same trouble with a ACS bolt on a LP application.