PDA

View Full Version : JJ 14 inch full tilt barrel

Mickey
10-11-2006, 07:53 PM
Just got mine in today, wont fit in the shroud, very nice after spyder told me "oh yeah it would"

Lovely!

Mistic67
10-12-2006, 05:26 AM
What's the full tilt? Is that where chopped paint blows out toward the front of the barrel?

oldnewb
10-12-2006, 10:40 AM
Just got mine in today, wont fit in the shroud, very nice after spyder told me "oh yeah it would"

Lovely!

Sorry to hear that Mickey. I'm guessing that there was a miscommunication somewhere though... the regular J&J ceramic one piece barrel WILL fit in the the shroud. It's fairly narrow and straight at the back end... no wider than the stock barrel. However, I believe the full tilt has a bit of a wonky shape at the back (correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the full tilt is a 2 piece? Just about every 2 piece barrel out there is completely incompatible with the MR2, MR3, and the VS3).

I'd see if you could trade the full tilt in for the cheaper one piece J&J ceramic barrel... and put the cost difference into some more paint!

Kelly

bamf-hacker
10-12-2006, 11:22 AM
The Full Tilt is the J&J barrel kit.

now for you issue:

Isn't the shroud on the MR3 plastic? If so pull out Mr. Dremel and make it a little bigger. I cant imagine you need to cut away too much to have it fit.

Mistic67
10-12-2006, 11:34 AM
Negative on the shroud. it's 2 pieces. The 1st piece is aluminum & is connected to the chassis, fitting over the chamber plug & barrel. The second piece is plastic which slides up covering the lower chassis & also connects to the first piece.

Mickey
10-12-2006, 09:48 PM
So the 14" JJ barrel ceramic WILL fit the MR3? also I was looking at the 14"CP barrel that is listed as "MR2" will that fit thr MR3, sorry for so many questions, just dont want to waiste money again

Thanks

Hob Hayward
10-13-2006, 01:11 PM
I bet you can return the full tilt. Or as bamf-hacker said, use the old dremel to make it work. I know someone else used a lathe to trim their barrel down...

Mistic67
10-13-2006, 03:53 PM
I have the 14" Phantom. It fits fine through the shroud. However, you may need to increase the velocity when you use it. I found it to work about the same as the stock barrel.

oldnewb
10-14-2006, 06:44 AM
I have the 14" Phantom. It fits fine through the shroud. However, you may need to increase the velocity when you use it. I found it to work about the same as the stock barrel.

Work about the same? Then what's the point of upgrading to a 14" Phantom if it doesn't perform any differently than the stock barrel? The 14" J&J ceramic works better than the stock barrel (a little bit more accurate, but ALOT quieter), and while I own an MR1, not and MR2, I've seen tons of pics on the Net of people with J&J ceramics on their MR2s.

Of course, that could also be dependant on which brand of paint you're shooting. Have you tried different kinds with your Phantom?

DmaxEter
10-15-2006, 11:16 AM
Chuck it up in the lathe and turn it down. If you dont have acess to this equipment, look up some local machine shops in the phone book and call the closest one to you. They will probably do it free of charge cause it will only take about 1 minute to do it!

Mistic67
10-20-2006, 09:00 PM
I realized why the J&J didn't work so good in my marker. It doesn't quite thread all the way into the receiver. After modding my MR3 to LP, I was chopping paint. It was the gap between the barrel & receiver. Today, I switched to the Apex (which fits fine) and 0 chops at full auto!