PDA

View Full Version : not re-cocking...

aodsnyper
01-10-2006, 09:03 PM
okay, feel free to flame me becuase i deserve it... i've been playing for 11 years and have owned this 'gun for 9 of them and now i feel like the biggest newb of them all; i can't get my Classic to re-cock, even once!

seriously... it just won't do it. i have two Classic's. they are pretty much the same right now. Classic 1 doesn't work, Classic 2 does;

Classic 1:
-Classic receiver
-DYE .45 frame
-AKA Lightening bolt
-Dark Horizon striker
-stock valve
-(no name) vert. adapter
-Smart Parts gas thru
-stock lpc
-stock ASA
-macro

Classic 2:
-Classic receiver
-stock M-16 frame
-Bob Long Force II bolt
-stock striker
-stock valve
-Benchmark vert. adapter and collar
-'05 Imagine gas thru
-stock ASA
-stock s/s hose

if it's not mentioned, it's either stock or shouldn't affect performance.

testing on two different tanks; 48/3000 Pure Energy, and 71/4500 DYE Throttle, both full.

all o-rings have been inspected and are new. i've swapped gas thru's, strikers, and springs. still haven't narrowed it down yet. yet to do the v/a's, bolts, velocity adjusters and grip frames.

anyway, ...man i feel stupid... but what do you think could be the causes? i've read repeatedly "symptoms and cures". i just can't get it to re-cock. wow!!! i feel absolutely ashamed...

thx guys, plz humble me.
justin

on a good note, i think my BLM is almost top notch right now. T-board seems to be good to go!

adrianm1188
01-10-2006, 10:02 PM
did you Lube all the O-rings on all the moving parts?

aodsnyper
01-10-2006, 10:18 PM
yep, properly lubed like always.

adrianm1188
01-10-2006, 10:30 PM
Was the gun always like this? or suddenly?

gona list a couple possibities off the top of my head...

-Pressure could be too low
-Something restricting the bolt or hammer
-Finish swaping the Bolt and trigger frame.
-Try softer springs if you havent done so already
-Swap valves if you havent already
-More LUBE!!! lol

If anyone else has any idea's, post'em up!

Nader
01-10-2006, 10:38 PM
Careful with lube though, there IS such a thing as too much lube...as most paintball lube is a dirt magnet.
That's another thing...try cleaning out your gun, there could be dirt in there thats making it malfunction.
Try checking the o-rings on your valve.

And if you had a really big brain fart, is it possible that you may have taken out the valve retainer pin?
(Tried to phrase that in order to not offend you..lol)

thechubbss12
01-11-2006, 04:55 AM
Well humm posibility you have put the valve in backwards. ive done it a couple of times, so if i did it then i know that its a possible screw up.
Lastly maybe, MAYBE, your striker spring is too heavy?

aodsnyper
01-11-2006, 07:20 AM
both markers have been completely stripped and cleaned. soft springs are in (Maddman striker and Shocktech light main) and have been swapped out a few times for trial and error. valve retainer pin is in and valve is in the correct way.

one other thing i was thinking is i don't believe i have used this particular stock ASA before, i always just had my Maxxy on my Classic. so it could be there is some restriction in there.

i'll dabble some more today and post any/all/or no changes if they occur.

thx for the input so far,
justin

DRAGON
01-11-2006, 07:45 AM
Try 2 things or both:

1) Put the striker from #2 in #1
2) Try using C02

okay, feel free to flame me.....I hate to try to make you sound like a possible dumbass but is there a striker buffer in front of the striker?

aodsnyper
01-11-2006, 07:52 AM
already swapped strikers. don't have any CO2 sitting around though... never thought i'd want it again, lol!

... striker buffer, what's that?

justin

j/k about the striker buffer. yeah, it's in the right spot. lol!

DRAGON
01-11-2006, 08:52 AM
If you did this (http://www.spyder.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=666) to #1, that's the reason that it won't recock. If so, unplug it -

aodsnyper
01-11-2006, 09:05 AM
nope, didn't do that. the one time i did, it had ill effects. that was just a "curiosity" question.