PDA

View Full Version : Ortiz VS Shamrock

big_daddy_d
10-11-2006, 11:23 AM
Ok so who watched the fight? Seemed like dejavu when Shamrock got taken down and pounded just like the last fight... Only this time he got KTFO'd. Good fight, all the other fights were decent leading up to the main event. Kendal Grove won by submission by grounding and pounding his opponent, Matt Hamil (deaf dude from season 3) got the unanimous decision by controlling the fight from the ground. He needs to work on his standup game though kept dropping the fists and got caught by a few good punches. uprise of the evening was watching Ed Herman tap out due to a triangle... Thought he was a submission expert, didn't seem like the same Ed that was in Ultimate Fighter season 3. So yeah discuss what did you all think?

Oh yeah December, Tito Ortiz VS Chuck Lidell for the light heavyweight title!

taurinic
10-11-2006, 01:19 PM
I was kind of surprised when they both apologized for all the stuff they said to each other. But, I knew Tito would win because he is much faster than Ken.

I forgot who Kendal fought and Matt's fight was pretty boring.

shunut
10-11-2006, 01:28 PM
I missed it and I really wanted to watch it. I'm not a big UFC fan but I like watching Ortiz and Shamrock fight because of the fude, they usually never disappoint.

killerpinecone
10-11-2006, 01:34 PM
i watched it, i thought their would be more drama we they started throwin the bird up and stepped up to each other, then they hugged :confused:

big_daddy_d
10-11-2006, 05:02 PM
shows the kind of sportsman tito is I think to apologize for all the things he said and did, but I have to give credit to Shamrock for manning up and not making excuses for getting KO'd. like he did after the last PPV. I can't wait for Ortiz/Lidell 2 in december, I think ortiz will be ready this time around to actually pound it out with lidell, should be a good fight.

vwjimmy
10-11-2006, 05:20 PM
I wasen't suprised by the fight or all of the apologizing.......
Shamrock needed to pony up his apology so he can continue in the UFC as a mentor/coach without the constant cloud of not only his losses to Ortiz but, without his support, he wouldn't get near as much work!
At least Shamrock fought back harder than he did last time...he looked better prepared too.....
Ortiz doesn't have a chance against Lidell.....

timmyshoota
10-11-2006, 05:20 PM
Ortiz should watch Liddell's match against Rampage in Pride and take notes. Rampage just completely destroyed Liddell like I had never seen before.

I think 64 this saturday will be really good. I'm looking forward to Franklin vs Silva.

vwjimmy
10-11-2006, 05:21 PM
I think 64 this saturday will be really good. I'm looking forward to Franklin vs Silva.
Me too :)

.21'[~tw!tch*
10-12-2006, 01:11 AM
Well I knew Ortiz was Gonna Win, I mean Come on... I've met ortiz and No way he gonna lose to Ken doll.

All I gotta Say Is I can't wait tiLl My amature fights when i get Back to IL.
My Instructor Is Now training Under Rickson gracie and I will be Getting to meet and Roll with My all time idol.
I can't wait to To get My frist real fight.
I have been Lifting this whole time I have been away. Unfortunately I dont Have a Nice bag here....
Oh well.. I allways Got My roomate. ;)

.;p3ace:.