PDA

View Full Version : Break-beam or Bounce-beam eyes???

MVS1
10-11-2006, 09:01 AM
Well the time has come for the Scenario Dreams T-board ver c. I'll be adding eyes to my ACS and wanted some input on which eye type to go with. I have done considerable research on both types and currently can't see the benefit of one over the other. Any opinions???

thechubbss12
10-11-2006, 09:39 AM
Umm ive become very likeing to the bounce beam eye... i dont realy know why... other then that it is easier to install and works just as great....

vwjimmy
10-11-2006, 09:46 AM
Bouncebeam is sensitive to things like paint shell color....
Personally, I would opt for breakbeam every time :)
My .02

Rux
10-11-2006, 11:49 PM
Bouncebeam is sensitive to things like paint shell color....
Personally, I would opt for breakbeam every time :)
My .02
+1

RomeNYRR
10-17-2006, 08:42 AM
+2 breakbeams are the way to go

vikingshadow
10-17-2006, 09:23 AM
Depends on the eye logic. With most aftermarket boards out there these days, bounce is over-rated in my opinion. My Virtue board for my shocker has awesome eye logic and never has problems with shell color. However, the eye logic in my T1 was very rudimentary and dark shelled paint was a bad thing, so break beam would have been better.

If the eye logic is good, then I'd say bounce beam because there's no need for the added expense in drilling an extra hole and cutting eye wire channels. If it's not that good, then bounce, for sure.

kidonfire
10-17-2006, 09:50 AM
I say bounce-beam eyes. I personally dont have them yet,but from what I've heard the breakbeam eyes are less picky on paint. If you play in tournaments you might not have a choice on paint.

TheRedBarron
10-17-2006, 10:18 AM
Depends on the eye logic. With most aftermarket boards out there these days, Break is over-rated in my opinion. My Virtue board for my shocker has awesome eye logic and never has problems with shell color. However, the eye logic in my T1 was very rudimentary and dark shelled paint was a bad thing, so break beam would have been better.

If the eye logic is good, then I'd say bounce beam because there's no need for the added expense in drilling an extra hole and cutting eye wire channels. If it's not that good, then Break, for sure.
Jeeze, at least proofread it :p

I am a huge fan of breakbeam, I mean Shockers do fine with bounce and all but there arent many other markers that can really get away with saying that.

vikingshadow
10-17-2006, 10:42 AM
Jeesh - you armchair English teachers...... :P

By the time I finished that, I was dizzy!

MVS1
10-17-2006, 11:47 AM
I emailed Damon @ scenario dreams. Since they state that the t-board ver. c supports both eye types I would guess that the eye logic would be adequate. I'll post his reply when I get it. Thanks for all the info.

MVS1
10-17-2006, 12:03 PM
Here's Damon's reply...which took all of 5 minutes to get via email, great customer service!!!

Bounce-beam eyes can have issues, but you can increase the eye sensitivity and you shouldn't have any problem with dark paint. But I do recommend breakbeam.
Its a little more trouble to install, but they are more reliable and use less power.

Damon