PDA

View Full Version : Paint?

spyderpro
10-10-2006, 07:02 PM
i am going to be painting my maker what kind of paint do i need? and what do i need to do before i paint it. any suggestions on red and black blue and white paint would be aprecatied thanks.

shunut
10-10-2006, 07:09 PM
A good spray paint will work best, I've used Rust-Oleum in the past. You will need rough up the finish a little before you paint it. Nother too corse because you don't want grooves in your finish. I'd go with 2-400 grit. You might also want to put some primer down. Also to get the hardest best finish you are going to want to bake it for a little while.

rodeoshooter
10-10-2006, 08:28 PM
I used automotive spray paint on mine. Just make sure you plug all holes and openings. Corks work great for larger holes, toothpicks for airholes, and old screws or nails for other various sized holes. Playdoh is a possibility also.

yamaha cow
10-11-2006, 01:00 PM
A good spray paint will work best, I've used Rust-Oleum in the past. You will need rough up the finish a little before you paint it. Nother too corse because you don't want grooves in your finish. I'd go with 2-400 grit. You might also want to put some primer down. Also to get the hardest best finish you are going to want to bake it for a little while.

what would i use to bake it.

kidonfire
10-11-2006, 01:28 PM
You can just use a regular oven. You might want to read THIS (http://www.ottersccustoms.com/paint.html)