PDA

View Full Version : Dog and a A-5 on TV

vwjimmy
10-10-2006, 05:34 PM
I just saw a preview for tonights 'Dog the Bounty Hunter' and his team decides to use 'Pepper Ball Guns' His fancy gun is really a Tippmann A-5!
It is on A&E tonight (10/10) at 9pm...... :D

big_daddy_d
10-10-2006, 06:09 PM
dog is the shiznat, got a picture of my son with him and leland, their shop is in downtown honolulu on Queen Ema Street

newkid
10-10-2006, 06:15 PM
a couple weeks ago he got arrested in mexico for takin some one out of mexico without telling the mexican government

big_daddy_d
10-10-2006, 07:49 PM
That happened a while ago, he was arrested at his home in kahala on an arrest warrant stemming from the arrest in mexico a couple of years ago, and he didn't make it out of mexico with andrew luster, the mexican authorities gave him over to us authorities after they arrested everyone.

claustrophobia9
10-11-2006, 03:59 PM
cool, rednecks shooting paintball markers as a defense... all we need now is him taking a lolly pop from a baby for the worst paintball media exposure

big_daddy_d
10-11-2006, 04:10 PM
theres a difference between paintball marker and pepperball marker IMO, the police use the pepperball as a crowd control agent, don't see too much bad exposure from that, I'm sure with a television crew following them around they're not going to do anything retarded to make themselves look bad on the highest rated show on A&E

claustrophobia9
10-11-2006, 04:35 PM
well one of the main taboo's is that "its a gun" and the police holding it and using it as a defensive/offensive device makes it equivalent in peoples mind to a taser... most parents wont let their kids run around tasering eachother.

bigred76
10-11-2006, 04:38 PM
... Or they could just realize that their kids wont be playing with Pepper Balls and be fine with it. :rolleyes: Stop overthinking Claus, it's just a TV show.

big_daddy_d
10-11-2006, 04:50 PM
to be honest the pepper balls work a lot better than the mace used, for the mace you have to be at a pretty close distance to the suspect, while shotting balls with pepper you can get more distance between you and the individual in question.

well one of the main taboo's is that "its a gun" and the police holding it and using it as a defensive/offensive device makes it equivalent in peoples mind to a taser... most parents wont let their kids run around tasering eachother.
most parents wouldn't let their kids run around shooting pellets of paint at each other either. When I see it used in a law enforcement capacity, it tells me that wow that person getting zapped or shot with non lethal force must have done something pretty stupid to elicit that kind of reaction from the law enforcement individual. Hence said person literally brought it on themselves.

claustrophobia9
10-11-2006, 05:17 PM
... Or they could just realize that their kids wont be playing with Pepper Balls and be fine with it. :rolleyes: Stop overthinking Claus, it's just a TV show.
you're assuming intelligence in people who have already proven themselves generally unintelligent.

CareBear-Killer
10-11-2006, 07:57 PM
The preview after last weeks show, shows Dog and the guys getting training on proper use of the pepper ball guns. So its not like they have no idea of what they're doing.

It also shows Dog test shooting an ariakon pistol..err i mean pepper ball pistol.

I would much rather police use pepper balls compared to the beanbag shot guns, because at close range, a shot from a properly tuned pepper ball gun will only leave a bruise compared to the bean bag shooty which will probably kill. Same for the rubber bullets.

Also, for those in AZ, the sherrifs dept just used a pepper ball gun to end a stand off situation yesterday with a teenage girl. After she hit a deputy's police vehicle, then drove off and crashed in to a ditch. She then exited the vehicle and started waving a lead pipe or something... so the police eventually hit her with the pepper balls and safely ended the situation.