PDA

View Full Version : Paintballing with an Ipod??

conradl
10-09-2006, 08:57 PM
I have always wanted to do this, but I know it has the potential of being very dangerous, and I can also break my ipod. It sounds so much fun, listening to some music and playing PB. I may try it some days while playing rec, but I dont know it could be too dangerous and I dont want to do something stupid. What do you guys think about this.

Also if I used an ipod shuffle and some in ear ear phones then those two would not break as easily as big ipod and some head phones.

but it just sounds like so much fun!!!

also I didn't know where to post this but If i am wrong please move it.

UKwithPride
10-09-2006, 08:59 PM
Only thing I can think of is bonusballing someone because you didn't hear the ref call them out. So I think if you kept the music down some, it COULD work...

timmyshoota
10-10-2006, 05:09 AM
My friend does it. I doesn't seem to make a difference in his play, and he's never had problems with it getting broken.

bamf-hacker
10-10-2006, 05:45 AM
as long as the volume was low it should not be a big deal. You need to hear your team mates and the opponent.

but another point is a good pb player in the woods can pick up sounds of the other players, music would hamper that.

ex. if you are at a good ambush spot and you cant hear the leaves crunching as they are coming you are no good :)

Moe
10-10-2006, 09:30 AM
Get one of the new shuffles...they are the size of a quarter. It will fit right in your mask anywhere.

08Lud08
10-10-2006, 11:06 AM
Thats right that new shuffle is small as hell, but I wouldnt listen to music while playing because you might not be able to hear as well.

pbfreak3221
10-10-2006, 11:17 AM
I usually listen to music, when I'm just playing around with my friends, but when I play woods ball, which isn't that much any more, I never listen to music

adriann222
10-10-2006, 11:22 AM
My old field set up speakers on their speedball field right before I left. They were optional and you could bring your own CD's. you just had to keep it decent for the kids. They didn't jam out or anything but it did get you alittle more pumped up having some matrix music going during a game.

colonel_moo
10-10-2006, 12:06 PM
id just pick up a cheap-o mp3 player so you dont care if it breaks. i wouldnt risk my ipod.

Hossy
10-10-2006, 12:39 PM
i wouldnt listen to it, unless you have it really low, so you can know where people are and basically everything people posted above.

you could just sing the song, so you have to enjoyment, and so do others!

druid
10-10-2006, 02:35 PM
I've done it and as long as you keep the volume down, there's no problem with not hearing other players/reffs. You could always get the mask speakers that go between the mask and strap (JT makes one) so they aren't in your ears and causing an issue.

I stuck mine right in the strap after I wrapped a bandanna around it (to protect it) but I never got hit in it so that was never a problem for me...

kidonfire
10-11-2006, 07:47 AM
I say buy a cheap Mp3 player thats around, 20$ or so. I know it has nowhere even close to the memory of an ipod but if it gets broken you don't lose 150+ dollars.

colonel_moo
10-11-2006, 11:32 AM
I say buy a cheap Mp3 player thats around, 20$ or so. I know it has nowhere even close to the memory of an ipod but if it gets broken you don't lose 150+ dollars.

150? try 375 (i got extended warantee, doesnt cover user-related damages).

kidonfire
10-11-2006, 02:41 PM
well it depends on what kind of ipod. you can get some of the older ones for 150 - 200 on ebay.

Ace
10-11-2006, 03:26 PM
yah but if you get an older one, they tend to not last as long or you dont know if it has had problems.

Halucin8
10-11-2006, 09:22 PM
why not just get a single ear bud then you will have atleast one ear free to hear what is going on around you while the other is quietly listening to tunes

DFSniper
10-12-2006, 02:30 AM
i got one on ebay. it was $3 and needed an SD memory stick and all the screen showed was how long the song was playing. you could hide it in your mask, and it shouldnt get damaged. ill try to find a link when i get home.

conradl
10-12-2006, 06:20 AM
well i already have an older ipod shuffle (the one the size of the bubble gun stick) so I dont need a smaller MP3 player. I was just making sure it was not dangerous.

Next time I go I am going to play with my shuffle,

thanks alot!

Shanna
10-12-2006, 07:48 AM
I listen to my iPod Video when I am practicing against Matt (because if I am hearing the game against him it throws me off), I just use a cheap set of headphones and I put the iPod in one of those hard metal cases to protect it, and just toss it in my pocket. I havent had any problems yet.
~Shanna :angel:

Hob Hayward
10-12-2006, 08:56 AM
I've done it and as long as you keep the volume down, there's no problem with not hearing other players/reffs. You could always get the mask speakers that go between the mask and strap (JT makes one) so they aren't in your ears and causing an issue.

The JT ones would not be good for woodsball, my friend has them and they are really loud, its weird, they're just as loud to everyone around the person as it is to the person wearing the mask.

RomeNYRR
10-12-2006, 12:13 PM
that sounds like a good idea... i might give it a try. lets see how it works out

mgsboy
10-22-2006, 07:54 AM
that sounds like a good idea... i might give it a try. lets see how it works out
Same here.