10-09-2006, 07:53 PM
http://myspace-101.vo.llnwd.net/01042/10/12/1042162101_l.jpg

Here is what i have so far.

Spyder Electra ACS
Rocking Trigger
Palmers Pursuit Stabilizer with boblong mini gauge
Check it assualt block 15*
Gun is low pressure and runs on co2

t-board with ramping chip and eyes i am just to scared to install them right now.

Can you help me out with what i need to hopefully make my gun shoot better.

Problems
Need faster shooting gun can't keep up.
Gun needs more lift and more fps is only at 250 or something like that.
Have spring kit but don't know wiether or not to use a high tension or low tension spring i don't own a cronograph.
Otter maybe you can give me some lp tricks.

thanks!

SharpObjects
10-10-2006, 12:53 PM
Looks nice. I really like the 15* on the Electra.

If you need to shoot faster, then the T-board and eyes will do you wonders.

To get the FPS up, I would use a higher tension main spring, make sure to get chronoed.

spyderpro
10-10-2006, 02:08 PM
i did use the spring kit and used the highest tension it came with and it wouldn't recock i think i need to snip the spring. but i think i need a new bolt but how does the aka lightning bolt even cock? and the madman valve or the aka valve?

still need some help:confused:

bamf-hacker
10-10-2006, 02:28 PM
raise your PSI until the gun re-cocks consistently then you can adjust the velocity.

May I ask a question? Why do you need faster then the stock 30bps?

spyderpro
10-10-2006, 02:31 PM
i don't i got the board for the eyes. i mean i need it to go faster with out uncocking it uncocks before i can get it up fast.

spyderpro
10-10-2006, 02:33 PM
and my psi is like at 600 plenty high and it still has problems.

CareBear-Killer
10-10-2006, 03:56 PM
You may want to try a lower tension spring. Perhaps that would help?

Have you tried shooting the marker usinh HPA or N2? Maybe you're shooting too fast for the CO2 and its not expanding enough?

spyderpro
10-10-2006, 04:26 PM
only have co2 in this area.

Command2A
10-10-2006, 06:06 PM
Looks great for a start. Just few points from me if you do not mind.

1. Grips (Dye Sticky)
2. Feed neck (Anything is better than stock)
3. Barrel (J&J)
4. Valve and spings (maddman)
5. Gotta go HPA
6. ASA on/off
7. Bolt (orange)
8. Big option (T-board & eyes)

That should get you where you want to be.

spyderpro
10-10-2006, 06:58 PM
i am going to do a custom paintjob once i get all of the upgrades on it but still don't know if the aka lightning bolt is anygood or what one to get? could i use a rear cocking bolt on my electra?

Command2A
10-12-2006, 12:36 PM
Maybe this will give some upgrade idea's. Hope it helps.

CareBear-Killer
10-12-2006, 01:22 PM
i am going to do a custom paintjob once i get all of the upgrades on it but still don't know if the aka lightning bolt is anygood or what one to get? could i use a rear cocking bolt on my electra?

I had asked this before and did not recieve a response. Looking at the marker and the rear cocking bolts.... I would assume you could use a rear-cocking bolt. But I don't know for sure.

From my understanding, if you don't mind to spend the money as well... The Orange bolts are supposidly pretty awsome. I haven't used one, but I was thinking about getting one until I broke my foot.

Command2A
10-12-2006, 01:43 PM
I had asked this before and did not recieve a response. Looking at the marker and the rear cocking bolts.... I would assume you could use a rear-cocking bolt. But I don't know for sure.

From my understanding, if you don't mind to spend the money as well... The Orange bolts are supposidly pretty awsome. I haven't used one, but I was thinking about getting one until I broke my foot.

I don't see why not, the rear cocking should fit fine.

spyderpro
10-16-2006, 03:56 PM
On the aka lightning bolt what is best nickle, aluminum, delrin, and rear cocking? 2 or 3 o-rings? need the best for my electra on the first page please help me out.

flames
11-10-2006, 10:05 AM
hi kind of new to paintballing and this forum, but i've done a lot of reading on here, what are some of the upgrades that i can do to my electra (acs i think) and what are these eyes that everyone talks about, also link to upgrades would be nice

james

CareBear-Killer
11-10-2006, 09:37 PM
what are you looking to do to your electra?

looking just for small performance-type upgrades or are you looking at converting it to a low pressure marker?

flames
11-11-2006, 09:02 AM
some small peformane upgrades, i hear a lot of people talking about springs and boards with eyes, what does low pressure do, save co2?

druid
11-11-2006, 11:44 AM
Here's the skinny about LP tuning...

Set your velocity adjuster to about half-way in to 2/3rds the way IN.
Cock the bolt and air up your marker.
Adjust your psi setting until your marker recocks in slow fire...and then in rapid fire. That is your optimum and lowest possible psi setting.
After all that ^^ take the marker and slowly shoot 10 dry fires to set the reg.
Over a chronograph, shoot five balls in slow fire (about 1 every 2 seconds). Add the 5 numbers and then divide that total number by 5 (average the paint speed). That is the common speed of your paint. Adjust your psi UP (at the regulator) to where the fps is around 270 to 275ish (I say 270 because it's common to get an 8-10 fps spike with CO2).
With your marker set at 270 fps by the regulator, you can micromanage the FPS +/- 10-15 fps with your velocity adjuster.The only way to eliminate poor the recharge rate and spiking of CO2 is to use HPA/N2. Click the link in my sig for HPA bottles.

Anyone asking about bolt replacement...As long as there is no back plate/plug on the back end of the top tube, you can use a rear-cocking bolt (even if the marker was designed to be top/side cocking) so long as there is enough out the back to grab and cock/recock it. I suggest adding a beavertail so you don't get smacked in the goggle lense by the cocking rod.

LP + aftermarket bolts = a trial and error nightmare.
Your LP marker MUST have a bolt that uses O-rings. When reducing the marker's psi, you need to maintain a proper seal in the chamber because it needs all the air it can get and any leaks are going to help starve the marker and create recocking issues. It doesn't matter what the bolt is made of but it needs to be:

lighter than stock
higher flowing than stock
fitted with O ringsACS bolts have proven time and time again, that they are horrible with LP applications. Why? Because they aren't high flow enough. Your only alternative is antichop eyes with the proper board...or not make the LP modifications at all...

cincisfinest
11-11-2006, 12:09 PM
only have co2 in this area.

Best investment you can make, go to a scuba shop, pay 100 bucks for a tank, five bucks per fill, sixty bucks (less used) for a fill station and you wont be disappointed...my guess that your co2 isnt expanding fast enough...air is sooooooo much better, you will instantly notice a difference in everything...even when u chrono the gun.,

CareBear-Killer
11-11-2006, 12:11 PM
K. Also, the eyes, they're an anti-chop device. the ACS bolt has a spring in it that helps to keep the bolt from breaking any paintballs that are not fully loaded in the chamber. The eyes do not allow the marker to fire, unless there is a paintball in the chamber. ..they use either light or infared beams.. emitter on one side, reciever on the other. ...like the door sensors at convience stores that ring the bell every time you walk through the door. In order to add the eyes, you'll need to buy a new board for the marker, and you'll have to drill a couple holes...

As far as low pressure... There is a 'complete conversion' you can do to your marker that will allow it to function at a much lower pressure than stock. right now your electra runs somewhere between 600-800psi. a low pressure marker can run anywhere between 120-300psi effectivly. Basically it allows the spyder marker to run at a pressure similar to that of the more expensive markers. if you want to read more about this or other 'at home mods' you can do, check out http://www.ottersccustoms.com/

For small performance upgrades you can purchase some of the same items that would be used for a LP conversion. The ACS bolt really isn't bad, however if you want you can purchase after market bolts. with the electra you can go with either the top-cocking or the rear-cocking bolts.
Some places to check out are ww.actionvillage.com and orderpaintball.com

if you want to add a regulator (if you plan on using HPA or N2 in the future) you'll need to purchase a new front block, and you can purchase any aftermarket reg of your liking, so long as it is a high pressure reg that goes up to 800psi. if you'd like to stick with CO2 you can purchase a palmers stabalizer.

You can also purchase a low pressure chamber or volumizer. these will help a little bit in lowering the operating pressure and help a little bit in making the pressure a little more consistant.

You can also purchase a 14" barrel, and that will help to increase your accuracy. the best barrel kit you can get is the smart parts Freak barrel kit.

lol, ok i'm writing a novel. read up otters website and check out a few online shops and even some local shops to see whats readily available to you. don't be affraid to ask the people at your local shops as well. Of course, feel free to ask any questions here as well. there are many of us willing to help.

spyderpro
11-12-2006, 06:09 PM
does anyone know for sure if there is going to be a new lightning bolt for sure and if so will it be out for Christmas and will it be top cocking? if anyone knows you can post here or pm me.