PDA

View Full Version : VS2/3 only uses HPA?

RomeNYRR
10-09-2006, 03:28 PM
Looking for ways to evolve the Spyder product line, the VS Series paintball markers include features like Break Beam Eyes, Electronic functions with a dual touch switch, a mini C/A regulator with on/off dial, a vertical adapter with low pressure gauge, a 12" two piece micro ported barrel, a low rise adjustable feed neck, and a Delrin bolt with lock cocking knob. The Spyder VS2 comes standard with the VS Infiniti Trigger providing a fluid feel to the marker with a 25 shot per second firing rate. The VS3 comes standard with a VS Rocking Trigger allowing up to 30 shots per second with two contact points for a maximum rate of fire. Both markers maintain a sleek all Aluminum body style allowing the user to feel connected to the speed, and accuracy of the VS Series. Knowing that all paintball players are unique, Kingman has created custom dust finish color Body Kits to individualize your VS marker. The custom five piece Body Kits come in Red, Yellow, Green, and Blue and include eye covers, feed neck, low pressure chamber, rubber fore grip, and a striker plug. Also available is the Spyder 14" two piece Aero twist barrel with optional color tips to enhance the look, and accuracy of the VS marker. The fluid all Aluminum VS Series receiver design protects the internal 3G technology patent pending Balance Valve that allows the marker to operate at 200psi. While keeping state of the art design in mind, Kingman has developed this custom valve that can attribute to the speed, and "never before experienced" feeling you get while shooting the VS Series markers. The 3G technology also incorporates a lightweight striker, softer springs, and an increase in chamber capacity enhancing the low pressure functionality of the VS marker.NOTE: This gun operates on compressed air /HPA only.

I read this on a site, so i was just wondering if this means that I cant use a CO2 tank when i buy it.

RomeNYRR
10-09-2006, 03:52 PM
The VS2/3 don't use HPA they use a low pressure tank and operate from 200-250 psi. So no you can't use a co2 tank. If you're looking for something that shoots just as fast as the VS3 but runs on co2 id get something like the electra which shoots just as fast on co2 or hpa

if it doesnt use HPA, then what kind of tank does it use? i'm getting kind of confused again with this air stuff lol :confused:

clickclicksplat
10-09-2006, 03:56 PM
Well, when carebearkiller wrote his review, he said he shot it with CO2 and it worked fine... dunno if prolonged usage would cause a problem, but apparently it worked fine for test firing.

vwjimmy
10-09-2006, 03:58 PM
The VS series run on HP input....800 to 850 psi.....
I cannot speak to the CO2 issue other than to say I also read the review where he used CO2 without incident.....

clickclicksplat
10-09-2006, 03:59 PM
From the KUSA Reviews thread:
Please be careful using CO2 on the VS guns. CO2 pressure might build inside the gun and blow your gauge. The gun will not explode in anyway, just break your gauge.

bigred76
10-09-2006, 04:05 PM
Ah, he's speaking about the expansion properties of CO2. Just get a nice 1200psi gauge and you won't have any worries! :p

vwjimmy
10-09-2006, 04:16 PM
The kingman site it says that "internal 3G technology patent pending Balance Valve that allows the marker to operate at 200psi". The VS should be used with a low pressure tank for it to work at its best. I'm pretty sure from what I have read so far that the VS isnt designed for co2 or hpa. If he was able to use co2 then I might be wrong, but I even if it was able to run off it i still wouldnt recommend using co2
You are wrong. The bottomline ASA in the VS includes a HP regulator. A LP tank may indeed work but I would not recommend it. Almost all markers that run at low pressures require HP input to the regulator. Angel markers are the only exception I am aware of. Angels come with HP regulators that are not engineered to operate at an input pressure of more that 650psi without modification. Other than Angels, the 'operating' pressure of a marker is POST HP REGULATION....input pressure remains at 800 to 850 psi.....

OtterSC
10-09-2006, 04:20 PM
it is highly suggested that the VS use HPA/N2. CO2 could be used. but highly advised not.

as for the HPA tank, it can use either the HP or LP. so long the output is rated around 300psi

vwjimmy
10-09-2006, 04:29 PM
I would be afraid of 'shootdown' with a LP tank.....
Mine will operate lots of markers (LP Spyders, B2K4, Evil Pimp) but none of them run as well as they do on HP...and they all operate below 300psi...

spyderpro
10-09-2006, 06:31 PM
what about if you used a anti siphon tube with co2 would it be the same? I want a vs3 real bad but all we have around here is co2. Any ideas?

bigred76
10-09-2006, 06:57 PM
An A/S CO2 tank should work fine for almost every marker...

CareBear-Killer
10-09-2006, 07:30 PM
I did use CO2 for the test, only because thats all I had.

I would suggest using hpa or N2 on any marker for a couple reasons. CO2 can leave residue behind that will need to be cleaned out, and it can also freeze up different parts of markers when fired at high speeds. In the future, I plan on firing nothing but hpa though my VS3.

If you're somewhere where you can't get HPA or N2 fills... you could always look up the laws and regulations in your area for paintball hpa tanks and scuba tanks. Then if possible invest in a compressor. Then you could start your own business of filling paintball air tanks.

Kingman-Rep
10-10-2006, 12:19 PM
Ah, he's speaking about the expansion properties of CO2. Just get a nice 1200psi gauge and you won't have any worries! :p

That doesn't help for fine tuning of your gun.

If you have to use CO2, just be warned that CO2 pressure may/will build up in the gun and possibly blow/break parts like the gauge.

OtterSC
10-10-2006, 12:35 PM
That doesn't help for fine tuning of your gun.

If you have to use CO2, just be warned that CO2 pressure may/will build up in the gun and possibly blow/break parts like the gauge.

to better clear that statement up... which seems verbatum from the manual. :p

the CO2 has to be through the regulator, right? correct. so the CO2 is regulated, correct? yes. but a correctly anti-siphoned tank can/will still leak liquid. that is, vapor droplets. because these droplets are small, they can get through the anti-siphon tube, the regulator and if one suggested, a filter. the vapor could build up and start to expand beyond these items.

the gauge registers so much. i know kingman has replaced many gauges on other Spyders due to over pressurizing.

not only that, but the new valve has many more o-rings than the standard Spyder. o-rings are pretty robust. but over time, CO2 can wreck havoc to them and during a fast string, *pop* *ssssss*. that is another phraseing for "hey! come bunker me... just follow the hiss!".

Hob Hayward
10-10-2006, 05:22 PM
Hmm, Well I've never blown an o-ring while playing except in the winter with regular co2, and even then there was nothing wrong till I took the gun apart and found broken o-rings. If one cleans and oils everything there should be no problem esp. if using anti-siphon.

Anywho I'll drop my saying co2 would be fine. Just have to wait for Palmer to make a reg that threads into the stock VA and use that with co2.

Command2A
10-10-2006, 05:32 PM
to better clear that statement up... which seems verbatum from the manual. :p

the CO2 has to be through the regulator, right? correct. so the CO2 is regulated, correct? yes. but a correctly anti-siphoned tank can/will still leak liquid. that is, vapor droplets. because these droplets are small, they can get through the anti-siphon tube, the regulator and if one suggested, a filter. the vapor could build up and start to expand beyond these items.

the gauge registers so much. i know kingman has replaced many gauges on other Spyders due to over pressurizing.

not only that, but the new valve has many more o-rings than the standard Spyder. o-rings are pretty robust. but over time, CO2 can wreck havoc to them and during a fast string, *pop* *ssssss*. that is another phraseing for "hey! come bunker me... just follow the hiss!".

Halleluiah..

The day's of Co/2 are over if you want to really play this sport. GET HPA folks.. most all of the popular markers DEMAND it...

badlandsrox
10-10-2006, 05:47 PM
*pop* *ssssss*. that is another phraseing for "hey! come bunker me... just follow the hiss!".

Noooooo, thats just wen you take the canister off the gun and throw it at whoevers closest :p

j/k, that would be REALLY stoopid

clickclicksplat
10-10-2006, 05:54 PM
Halleluiah..

The day's of Co/2 are over if you want to really play this sport. GET HPA folks.. most all of the popular markers DEMAND it...
Not looking forward to dropping $200 on a tank though... Can't wait for Christmas...

CareBear-Killer
10-10-2006, 07:44 PM
Drop $200 on a HPA tank, and then spend $100 on a scuba tank... then you're set for a weekend. Then you only have to worry about running out of air during the game. Depending where you live, scuba tanks are normally cheaper to fill than the co2 tank fill stations. Some places will even fill scubas for free.

Depending how many CO2 tanks you have, you could always sell some spares to get some money towards the HPA tank.

bigred76
10-10-2006, 09:56 PM
Halleluiah..

Excuse me, but you just managed to infuriate me. Yes, my rant mode is engaged, so you will have to forgive me if this is too offensive. :)

"Most of all" is right. Just look at any mechanical Autococker, then tell me that my marker is running off an air source that is outdated. Especially since MINE is pulling +/-2fps consistently over a chronograph. ANY marker is fine to run off CO2 so long as it is regulated and allowed to expand properly.

Sorry Otter, you're gonna catch some of this too. Don't give me any BS about droplets, those won't occur in a properly running system (that is, unless you don't take care of your gear except for a cleaning every 1,000 cases of paint :rolleyes:), ESPECIALLY since after that gas/droplet mixture gets through that regulator and filter, it has the whole hose, expansion chamber, and LPC to expand. I may not be an engineer, but my ingenuity just calls shenanigans. If someone can prove me wrong and find CO2 liquid droplets in their valve area on a VS, then prove me wrong. But until then, I will stand my ground.

Now, don't get me wrong. I fully support HPA, and am actually looking at my friend's SCUBA tank with a greedy eye as of late with my new marker purchase and how much air I will most likely go through with it. I just don't believe it is NEEDED in a marker like this unless you get some dip**** out there who puts the full pressure through the regulator. Those people deserve to have a broken marker if that's the case, if they're so frigging retarded.

Get pissed at me; fine by me. Just please continue it through PM. :)

[/rant]

Halucin8
10-10-2006, 11:53 PM
Why not just run a remote then. I am buying a vs2 next month and have only one place that fills hpa and i don't play there. Or should i just finish going lp on my pilot?

CareBear-Killer
10-10-2006, 11:58 PM
Now I did test my marker using CO2 and nothing bad happened, but it doesn't mean nothing will happen with future use.

Not sure if it was this thread or another, but somewheres here kingman-rep posted that kingmans official stance on this subject was that the VS series was not designed for CO2.

All I can say is that if you do use CO2, just becareful..?

If you do use CO2 several times and everything works great, feel free to let us all know.

Hob Hayward
10-11-2006, 11:56 AM
Why not just run a remote then. I am buying a vs2 next month and have only one place that fills hpa and i don't play there. Or should i just finish going lp on my pilot?

With a remote you wouldn't have any problems unless you were playing in frigid weather. They'e even more effective than anti-siphoning.

Command2A
10-12-2006, 11:54 AM
Excuse me, but you just managed to infuriate me. Yes, my rant mode is engaged, so you will have to forgive me if this is too offensive. :)

"Most of all" is right. Just look at any mechanical Autococker, then tell me that my marker is running off an air source that is outdated. Especially since MINE is pulling +/-2fps consistently over a chronograph. ANY marker is fine to run off CO2 so long as it is regulated and allowed to expand properly.

Get pissed at me; fine by me. Just please continue it through PM. :)

[/rant]

You're allowed to voice your opinion (its still a free country). No need to get upset, its all about personal choices.

Guitar_kid99
10-17-2006, 04:44 PM
ok i'm confused its bad to use co2 with this gun right unless you get a 1200 psi gauge?
or should i just use a remote
and will remote lines work if your prone?
cuz my air source with my other gun was fine until i went prone then it just dropped balls out the barrel then when i screwed the tank right on the gun it worked fine

Hob Hayward
10-17-2006, 05:46 PM
IOt should matter if your prone, unless your prone on a hill facing down, in which case liquid co2 could get down the remote possibly. It shouldn't really matter though. I bet the remote would be fine, it'd take alot to get liquid through one.

bigred76
10-17-2006, 08:30 PM
You're allowed to voice your opinion (its still a free country). No need to get upset, its all about personal choices.
If you think that's upset, you shoulda seen the unedited version. :nododgy:

IMO, should be fine with the remote so long as you screw the tank in and screw the on/off on the remote all the way in, then take it out about a quarter to half turn. I find that the reason is that after a point, it gets tight enough that it starts restricting the flow from the tank.