PDA

View Full Version : Trigger or Electronics Issue?

Chief7991
10-09-2006, 12:26 PM
Hello all, first post so please be gentle. (And yes, I searched for this problem too, ;) )

Iíve got a Red Pilot ACS, purchased in March of this year. Itís served me well, and Iíve since upgraded markers twice, but itís remained my trusty 3rd stringer, until now. The problem Iím having is that once powered on and switched into any mode but Semi, the trigger lightly clicks, the E-trigger will automatically go back to Semi mode, and the marker never fires.

The battery was fully charged for approximately 14 hours, as stated in the manual, and a brand new 9v battery was swapped in its place for troubleshooting, and the issue remains. I even tried the battery from my sonís Elektra, which works fine, to no avail. All connections to the board appear to be secure. Additionally, Iím quite the neat freak and ensure that all my equipment is meticulously cleaned/oiled as needed.

Now here is where it gets odd. My neighborís son purchased a Blue Pilot ACS a month ago from the same place I did, and his experienced the exact same issue right out of the box after charging up his battery!!

Thoughts/suggestions? Thanks in advance!

sidekick
10-09-2006, 01:06 PM
Read here:
http://www.spyder.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=5793
The problem is not exactly like yours, but very similar.

J_Young
10-09-2006, 09:28 PM
The best thing to do is contact Kingman about it. It sounds like you got a defective gun

DRAGON
10-09-2006, 09:42 PM
Sounds like it's either the jumper or the capacitor -

Chief7991
10-16-2006, 05:11 AM
Good call Dragon! This weekend I made some time to troubleshoot s'more. I aired it up, took off the grips to see if anything was working itself loose, fired a few shots, and bam... after the 2nd shot, the jumper leaped off the leads on the board. I put the jumper and the grips back, fired again, and experienced my original issue. Taking the grips off, sure enough, the jumper was trying to wiggle itself loose.

Replacing the jumper with a new one from my PC repair kit, it then worked like a champ. Thx for the help all! :D

JMotioN
10-16-2006, 12:23 PM
good thing your smart, bc its never fun to send stuff back for repair issues :/

DRAGON
10-16-2006, 05:05 PM
Glad to hear all is well and working again Chief -