PDA

View Full Version : Dayum, what's with N. Korea?

DRAGON
10-08-2006, 08:36 PM
Just heard on another forum that they tested another nuke device. What's this guys bag? I mean really, he needs to be dealt with. How are we to deal with the mideast and Korea at the same time? Will the **** hit teh fan this time? -

Nader
10-08-2006, 08:42 PM
Hopefully we will take care of him....because the first Country they nuke is either gonna be Japan....or us....

emf7301
10-08-2006, 08:51 PM
Yea, this is either mr. kim showing he has the capability or he is bluffing. I just hope that not all of the south korean guards are looking through coin-operated binoculars at the parking lot. :confused:
http://www.comcast.net/data/br/2006/10/08/br-16811.jpg

durrell
10-08-2006, 09:22 PM
There's too much of a mentality that he won't do anything. I wouldn't be surprised if something happens before GW leaves office in 08.

vikingshadow
10-09-2006, 04:43 AM
The test was supposedly underground and registered a 4.5 on the Richter Scale....we estimate it was about 550 tons - A third the size of the one we dropped on Hiroshima. Still, a nuke is a nuke....

It's odd to me that a country that has to have OTHER countries help it out just to feed it's people spends all it's resources, money and time on weapons and missles. They've got a serious chip on their shoulders!

I predict that the UN will vote against N. Korea continuing, but will be pansies about going in and doing anything. We won't preemptive strike, but Japan, S. Korea, possibly China, will have a lot to say about it. Of course, we're going to come out as the bad guys no matter what we do, so what do we do?

By the way, the US has scrambled jets either out of Japan or into Japan - not sure which, but we aren't just sitting back and waiting!

xtraking
10-09-2006, 07:20 AM
I dont think many asians will be left after this is all over with.
You think, North korea will nuke south korea or japan... so those asians will be gone, after that happens, basicalyl everybody will nuke north korea after that, no more north korean asians... and then the chinese will get into the mix somehow. I also think alot of russians will be lost after this too. Just my opinion.

shunut
10-09-2006, 07:43 AM
We have nothing to worry about. We have a naval fleet sitting outside of North Korea 24/7. We'd be able to stop any attack that tried.

xtraking
10-09-2006, 07:57 AM
So? Its just going to start a nuclear race basically, giving a reason to south korea and japan to renew their nuclear weapon programs. Then India and Iran will most likley being/procede even further. If thats the case, then we will have to worry aobut more terrorists with nuclear weapons. On the other hand, our allies will get some sense knocked into them forcing them to make nuclear weapons to protect themselves.

This is a perfect example on how technology sucks.

bamf-hacker
10-09-2006, 07:58 AM
it is not the threat of an attack from N.Korea, but the threat of them selling nukes to other countries that we need to worry about....

This is all just crazy....

calebh
10-09-2006, 08:08 AM
yay, cold war part 2...

the UN will be pansies about the whole thing. they have no power to enforce rules on member nations. pansies...

and kim may be crazy, but hes not stupid enough to nuke anyone. the arms race is so idiotic. lets just sit around with all these nukes, too scared to use them, just cuz everyone else is sitting on a pile of nukes too scared to use them, too. :confused: if anyone wants to start a nuclear war, well theres goes humanity... :o

durrell
10-09-2006, 08:11 AM
There wont be a 2nd Cold War. There is far too much tension between too many people for there to be another one of those. We know what each other has, it's just a matter of who strikes first and when.

Moe
10-09-2006, 08:20 AM
no cold war II. It will be wwIII.

durrell
10-09-2006, 08:32 AM
no cold war II. It will be wwIII.

Troof. And North Korea won't stand a chance.

xtraking
10-09-2006, 08:36 AM
Yeah NK stands no chance becuase everybody hates them. But, they still have the capability of somehow getting weapons to Iran wh ocan distribute to terrorists groups;therefore, causing us major problems. I would not be surprised at all, if indeed it was a nuclear test, if NK has people working secret negotiations with other countries about attacking us, as we speak.

Just my .03 (:p )

durrell
10-09-2006, 08:56 AM
ZOMG .03? :smirk:

xtraking
10-09-2006, 09:12 AM
actually that was a mistype, .04 :D

SoldierzHonor
10-09-2006, 10:52 AM
Its a sad day, but Im sure Kim had other reasons for it. If he didn't do the test, then he would be seen as giving in to the pressure put on him by the Americans. Now that he has detonated a nuke, he not only is saying he is defiant of world pressure, but he is also saying he has the power to wreak severe damage if attacked. Now he'll do one of 2 things.

1. sit back and see how the world handles it
2. use the threat to his advantage to stop the pressure by making threats

I wouldnt go as far as to say its a cold war about to happen or even WW3. A bully usually flexes his muscles to show his strength before he starts his antics.

Moe
10-09-2006, 11:28 AM
Troof. And North Korea won't stand a chance.

China sure would kill the hell out of us though! hah.

durrell
10-09-2006, 11:34 AM
China sure would kill the hell out of us though! hah.

The thing about China is..China has no friends. China hates North Korea, China hates everyone. Yeah, China is massive and very scary. But I don't think China can take on the whole entire world and win..

marvin-martian
10-09-2006, 11:48 AM
we dont need to worry about kim using it on his own, because he knows the consequences. the thing he need to watch out for is the weapons getting into the hands of terror groups.

and btw, yes china is very powerful, but they dont have a long reach. this means they can do alot of damage close to their borders, but not much further away. i forget the term for this, but i remember me dad describing it to me.

claustrophobia9
10-09-2006, 12:50 PM
he'll launch one if a democrat goes into office.

MatthewTheTheif
10-09-2006, 01:32 PM
This is a perfect example on how technology sucks.

werd, swords, bows, and axes ftw, why cant everyone just go back to them, it'd be hard as hell to make a useful nuke sword...

xtraking
10-09-2006, 01:45 PM
what if we all fought with pillows? that'd be fun.

claustrophobia9
10-09-2006, 01:47 PM
so wait... why havent we killed him? ive seen munich.

DRAGON
10-09-2006, 05:27 PM
Seems the smart thing for "The Nations" to do is figure a way to take this guy out since it does seem he's egging on a last world war wouldn't it? An accident per se with a big fat reward for the hit team. Aaaaaaaaaaa......don't think it would really matter. Some other power hungry, rich crazy *** would just take his place anyways - :(

tater_salad
10-09-2006, 05:39 PM
Well whatever happens I ordered a military issue gas mask about a week ago supposed to keep all that stuff out so I am prepared:) Unless of course they bomb my house or around the general area of my house but whatever.

durrell
10-09-2006, 05:50 PM
lol Are you stocking up on food too?

xtraking
10-09-2006, 05:58 PM
i think korea citizens should be stocking up on food, that is whatever food they have to stock up.

Nader
10-09-2006, 05:58 PM
lol Are you stocking up on food too?

Yeah! Duh....it's like the second coming of y2k! :rolleyes:

SoldierzHonor
10-09-2006, 10:23 PM
an NBC mask would be useless in the event of a nuclear attack.

Its only good vs an air chem attack and not a direct liquid chem attack. The best defense vs a bio attack is personal hygeine and immunizations. If you really want to stock up vs chem attacks, get alcohol cleaning pads. <shrug> its what I do. :)

Elementis Regamis Proelium ftw!

badlandsrox
10-09-2006, 10:32 PM
I remember reading somthing last night saying that the USGS detected no seismic activity or radioactivity akin to that of a nuclear explosion...

Moe
10-10-2006, 08:25 AM
The thing about China is..China has no friends. China hates North Korea, China hates everyone. Yeah, China is massive and very scary. But I don't think China can take on the whole entire world and win..

North Korea and China are in fact allies. Although China does not agree with North Korea detonating nuclear weapons. This will compromise their relationship.

There was most definitely seismic activity detected.

“It’s pretty remarkable that such a small explosion was promptly apparent on seismometers all over the world,” said Paul Richards, a seismologist at Columbia University’s Lamont-Doherty Earth Observatory in Palisades, N.Y. “The detection of this was really good. You can’t hide these kinds of things, even very small tests.”

There are still no signs on radioactivity in the air or water around the explosion. The average exlosion of countries detonating their first nuke is 10-60 kilotons. This blast is thought to be only 1000 tons, or have a magnitude of 4.2.

So the possibilities. It was a bluff by North Korea. Or, if was only a partial success, or partial failure. However you want to look at it. No body knows! Except for people in North Korea....

vikingshadow
10-10-2006, 09:13 AM
I liked what the news called it yesterday - "More of a fizz than a pop!"

Still, I think it's an act to get the US to talk to them one on one, make him feel more like a player in the big game. I find it hilarious we won't speak to him...kind of like the child throwing a fit in the grocery store, screaming and thrashing around on the floor - and the parent walks away!

There's a video of a baby that's throwing a fit and just drops on the floor, but everyone just walks away. The baby gets up, goes to where the people are, and drops to the floor again, crying and screaming. The people move again, and the baby repeats - this goes on for about 5 minutes...corelate to the US and N. Korea!

Moe
10-10-2006, 10:34 AM
There's a video of a baby that's throwing a fit and just drops on the floor, but everyone just walks away. The baby gets up, goes to where the people are, and drops to the floor again, crying and screaming. The people move again, and the baby repeats - this goes on for about 5 minutes...corelate to the US and N. Korea!

hahaha, i saw that video the other day on americas funniest home videos. that is probably one of the funniest things I have seen in a while. He was hitting his head hard when he would fall!

*EM1-Master*
10-11-2006, 09:15 AM
America will win any war thrown its way, simply because of the technology advantage. We have the most advanced air force and best warplanes in the world. Our Navy is top notch. Our marines are the most well trained units you could imagine.

And hell... We've got more missiles :)

marvin-martian
10-11-2006, 12:33 PM
America will win any war thrown its way, simply because of the technology advantage. We have the most advanced air force and best warplanes in the world. Our Navy is top notch. Our marines are the most well trained units you could imagine.

but who will man everything? the number of people in the military has steeply declined in the past few years, and were having a little trouble with turning it around.

xtraking
10-11-2006, 02:23 PM
Technically their missles aren't really missles right now. They can not lift off the ground, all they do is just blow up. However, they can easily put it on a boat, go down a river to the dmz and boom, they just bommed south korea. Thats why we are monitoring every plane that is going out of north korea, to make sure weapons arent being exported.

tater_salad
10-12-2006, 02:50 PM
Well yesterday i went to the Wal-Mart and bought $148.92 worth of canned food like Chef Boyardee and tomato soup and stuff like that.:) My mom thinks I'm losing my mind and I'm not allowed to watch the news anymore.:mad: But the good news is on the receipt it said i saved 97 cent:)

SoldierzHonor
10-13-2006, 12:02 AM

the army's not bad either ;P lol