PDA

View Full Version : Optimum PSI

huskerpwr06
10-08-2006, 03:44 PM
I just switched to Compressed Air (3000 PSI 72 CU) and I cant complain I got the tank basically free. I am wondering what PSI I should run my Electra 06 at?

Question 2 My marker went what I would call full auto, and I wasnt even pulling the trigger. At first I thought it wasnt catching the sear...i dont think that was the case. At that time it was just over 500 PSI on the guage. Would PSI that low cause the rapid fire? BTW my tank was full.:confused:

PumaPride04
10-08-2006, 05:07 PM
sorry i cant help you with that but i recently got a hpa tank for a steal and i was wondering how do i adjust the psi for my 06 electra (im still a noob)

Hob Hayward
10-08-2006, 05:10 PM
You'd need to increase the operating opressure huskerpwr. Whats happeneing is not enough air pressure is there to push the striker back all the way, so it gets short of the sear and basically bounces back and forth rapidly halfway firing the gun.

huskerpwr06
10-08-2006, 05:53 PM
Thanks Hob...that is what I was thinking after I inspected the Sear...Puma there is a Adjustment Screw on the bottom of the expasion chamber.

MVS1
10-08-2006, 08:59 PM
Re: Optimum PSI

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks Hob...that is what I was thinking after I inspected the Sear...Puma there is a Adjustment Screw on the bottom of the expasion chamber.

What you referred to as the expansion chamber is actually the Electra's regulator...if you have not modified your vertical adapter it will "jack-hammer" below approx 525 psi. The problem is that the electra does not have enough "volume" because of the lack of an adequate expansion chamber, if you want to get lower than 500 psi consider modifying your vertical adapter for higher rate of flow or getting a larger aftermarket expansion chamber or an assault block, a high flow valve and ultimately an aftermarket regulator. Read OtterSC's tech articles about Lp conversion, it not only explains how to do it but how your marker functions and why. Hope this helps.