PDA

View Full Version : Which Hopper

Maxx-Damage
10-08-2006, 01:24 PM
I need a new hopper and i have 4 choices- Vl Velocity, Vl Egg 3(when it comes out), Kingman red Torpedo(when it comes out) or the Halo B belt drive with Ripdrive, V35 board black. I dont intend to spend over $150 so if there is any other good 1 please say so:)

pbfreak3221
10-08-2006, 01:25 PM
I would say Vl Velocity, Or Halo B with belt, and the board, and the difference pretty much between those two is pretty much cosmetic

pbgrandpa
10-08-2006, 01:36 PM
Reloader B--- another good choice. I like the reloader over the Halo just because it sound activated.

Maxx-Damage
10-08-2006, 01:45 PM
Which hopper would help look a lil bit more milsim though?

pbgrandpa
10-08-2006, 01:59 PM
Q-loader

Maxx-Damage
10-08-2006, 03:51 PM
I forgot about the Q loader, but how does it install? And what would i have to get for it work? And if it requires a 1 off custom mod i might not do it..

Hob Hayward
10-08-2006, 04:08 PM
It shouldn't be too hard to mount, they give you tons of fittings for mounting it though you could ask them if the fittings they give you will work with the MR2.

I'd say wait for the Kingman topedo red loader if your not in a hurry anyways. If you want somthing soon, the egg3 is out and its 63$ at orderpaintball.

optionboarder81
10-08-2006, 04:15 PM
halo b or reloader b

Jarhead
10-09-2006, 05:24 AM
I need a new hopper and i have 4 choices- Vl Velocity, Vl Egg 3(when it comes out), Kingman red Torpedo(when it comes out) or the Halo B belt drive with Ripdrive, V35 board black. I dont intend to spend over $150 so if there is any other good 1 please say so:)

I opt for the Halo B with Rip drive and V board. It has never let me down!

Maxx-Damage
10-09-2006, 05:43 AM
Im thinking about the Halo now, because i just looked over actionvillage and i can get diffrent stuff unlike the others.

pbfreak3221
10-09-2006, 06:00 AM
Good choice

shunut
10-09-2006, 06:47 AM
I've said this a million times on these boards but I'm going to say it again. The VLocity is a better loader than any other loader out there. I know there aren't many ups for it but they will come and you really don't need them. I say VLocity all the way.

pbfreak3221
10-09-2006, 06:48 AM
I personally have think that the Halo, with victory board, will preform almost identical to the Vlocity, it may be slightly faster, but I still won't go with it just for cosmetic reasons.

shunut
10-09-2006, 06:51 AM
Nope the Victory Board still doesn't compare. bamf did a comparision and you could clearly see the difference.

bamf-hacker
10-09-2006, 06:56 AM
The VLocity is an awesome loader.

So is the Halo B :)

If you want to compare the two the VLocity is a faster loader, but in real world play where 15bps is the cap then either will hit that easy.

If you are looking to go straight scenario then the Q-Loader is the way to go, however, the q-pods only hold 100 rounds and can not be loaded easily. I am thinking about getting one myself for Sara and Amanda to share, but the pod limit is killing me. I use 200-400 balls per round.

Maxx-Damage
10-09-2006, 08:02 AM
Bamf- But will the Q-loader fit without having to machine a mount? But I could go with the halo B, so then i can still upgrade it when they come out with faster boards.

bamf-hacker
10-09-2006, 08:07 AM
the q-loader comes with a few different mounts.

If you go to PBReview and look at the pics you can see them there.

http://www.pbreview.com/products/reviews/2174/

Mistic67
10-09-2006, 09:45 AM
I know I'm just a newb. But, in my opinion, you really need to consider the pros & cons of each.

The Q-Loader, by far, is the fastest ball-feeding device. Go to the website, and you can see videos of it in action. It will feed nearly 100 bps! Wow, that's fast! Though changing the pod is similar to changing a clip, it takes a couple of seconds longer. One drawback is that the pods only hold half the balls that a standard hopper holds. Another drawback can be the way it mounts onto your gun.

Force-fed hoppers are nice and can be found for way cheaper than the Q-Loader. It holds twice the paintballs and can be less or more bulky, depending on how you play. But, they can be in the way of cool accessories if you don't have an offset feedneck.

Whatever you use, it should match the capabilities of both the gun and the shooter. What good is a Q-Loader if your gun can only shoot 13 bps? You've got 87 bps of speed going to waist.

Now, on the other hand, if you have a super modded Tippy, BT, RAP, or anything else super-modded, the Q-Loader will let you spray to your heart's content!

Now, I've heard that the new Empire B2 is the fastest hopper. I can tell you by experience that it keeps up with my MR3 with no problems.

Take a little time to think about what you want to get out of it.

Maxx-Damage
10-09-2006, 01:36 PM
Thanks Bamf i didnt think of Pbreview, after 16pgs of review i found 1 short review with the MR2. So i guess ill get it, but my parents are the ones paying for it so its thier chioce.(X-mas is great)

vikingshadow
10-09-2006, 02:41 PM
Reloader B--- another good choice. I like the reloader over the Halo just because it sound activated.

For sure - totally agree here. If I was still playing I'd have had the Reloader BII board by now. I think the BII is close to the Vlocity in speed, but as far as looks goes, blows the Vlocity away! Plus, it has more bells and whistles than any other loader out there.

Not a fan of the q loader myself - 35.00 for a pod is pretty steep - get 3-4 of those and you're in pretty deep cost wise, plus you can't just dump paint in and go. 100 bps is just a waste since no one shoots over 20 anyways, and tournaments and most fields limit you to 15 bps anymore.

Maxx-Damage
10-09-2006, 03:50 PM
Not a fan of the q loader myself - 35.00 for a pod is pretty steep - get 3-4 of those and you're in pretty deep cost wise, plus you can't just dump paint in and go. 100 bps is just a waste since no one shoots over 20 anyways, and tournaments and most fields limit you to 15 bps anymore.
Im gonna get the 500rd package and not need any more pods. And its true u may not shot more than 20bps its still nice to know that ur loader can feed as fast as u can shot.(ive already accidetally overshot a egg2). And since I really dont play at a field as much as i do in the woods i need the low profile so when im stuck behind a tree i can still be in for not having a hopper shot for trying to shot the person with out a big target sticking out.

Nikolie
10-09-2006, 09:23 PM
The Vlocity is AWSOME, with the halo series when you break a ball inside the hopper you end up cleaning the moter, with the Vlocity its protected. The preformance is one of the best.

shunut
10-10-2006, 05:37 AM
I think the BII is close to the Vlocity in speed, but as far as looks goes, blows the Vlocity away!

Wow, I'm surprised to hear that coming from a vet who knows that looks don't mean a thing, its all about performance.

vikingshadow
10-10-2006, 08:26 AM
Anyone who says looks don't matter at all are either giving themselves more credit than reality, or are fooling themselves. Personally, I prided myself in buying practical, but let's face it - a lot of issues came down to "How does it look?"

But, since it was brought up, what I meant is when it comes to almost equal performance, looks do make a difference. At least to me, that is. Since speed is not the issue on loaders anymore (come one, who needs 35 bps in a loader?) the reliability, availability and looks are the only issues left to debate.

If both loaders feed the same, have the same modes and such, and have the same record regarding reliability, the only debate left then are the looks of the equipment - and whether people agree with it or not, looks are important to a lot of people. Otherwise, they wouldn't be getting certain uniforms, or a new high end gun all the time (which unless there's something revolutionary on the newer gun, it doesn't make any difference in reliability, efficiency, etc.)

It goes into regular life as well - Wal-Mart pants or GAP? 5.00 haircut from Bill's hair emporium, or 15.00 dew from Smart Styles or Super Cuts? Tell everyone that buys a car that looks don't matter - for example - I have a beat up body El Dorado that gets 35 miles to the gallon, newer engine, smooth ride, so on, or I can sell you this new Expedition that gets 20 miles to the gallon, rides rough as crap, but looks great! Which would you buy - seriously?

Realistically, in a LOGICAL world, looks would not apply, but in all actuality, I think it plays a HUGE role in sports - especially paintball.

Nuwisha
10-15-2006, 12:40 PM
I've got the Q-Loader on my Mr2, the only mod i had to make was to take off the front grip, the loader mounts to the vertical adaptor with no problems. Yeah it only holds 100 rounds but i've never had a feed problem (well when you run out of paint in the pod and you don't notice, you run the risk of chopping the now grav fed balls in the feed tube, but just pay attention and all is good).

Oh wait.... the qloader doesn't play well with the stock acs bolt, either disable it, or get an Mr1 style bolt.

Maxx-Damage
10-15-2006, 01:25 PM
Do u have any pics Nuwisha?

Nuwisha
10-15-2006, 04:04 PM
yeah i do, here :)
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2006-10/1221131/2006_08290069.JPG

I've since put the bottom line back on....but I'm thinking about trying to change over to low pressure.....after I replace the window in the Kitchen.

Maxx-Damage
10-15-2006, 04:08 PM
Sry if i start to sound annoying with questions, But is there any other spot to mount the Q-loader? Y doesnt the Q work well with the ACS bolt? and what grip is that?
Thanks

Nuwisha
10-15-2006, 04:32 PM
You can mount it anywhere the mounting rings will go....thats the best place i've found for my liking... you can get the Custom mount system wich uses a plate mount that you could drill and tap and then mount anywhere.

It doesn't work with the acs bolt because it actually pushes the bolt back with the force of the feed spring....not a good thing.

the Grip is a modified Dye Sticky for regular spyders. I'm still working on it....so far it does a good job of keeping the paint and mud out...even played in a bit of rain without any problems...but if i hold it too tight it stops the actuator from cycying and therefore, doesn't fire. I usually hold onto the bottom and fire using the bottom of the trigger...on full auto of course.

Maxx-Damage
10-15-2006, 04:38 PM
I def dont feel like drilling but pbgrandpa posted This (http://rap4.com/paintball/os/qloader-sniper-adapter-p-1426.html). And supposevly it lets u put the q facing backwards instead of forwards(obvisly but it fits the MR)
And i noticed it alos elimates the hose

Nenkitsune
10-15-2006, 07:31 PM
you can buy that off of qloader's site. it's a direct mount adaptor. also, i notice you have the white hoses. is yours the old style with the white ball retainer in it? yo ucould always try mounting it like i had it (till i hacked away at my loader and made it direct mount.
i took the feed neck, and stuck it into the mounting ring on the loader, then had that clamped onto the feedneck on my gun.

Nuwisha
10-17-2006, 04:52 AM
I"ve actually got both the first and second generation systems, and i've since switched to the grey hose on the gun, but the white hose is way better for loading pods. Its easier to see if the balls are flowing or not :)