PDA

View Full Version : I found an autographed baseball

08Lud08
10-08-2006, 07:48 AM
I was walking my dog and found an autographed baseball on the sidewalk. I'm wondering if anybody here knows alot about baseball to help me find out what team it is heres the pics.

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h83/lud_08/HPIM0797.jpg

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h83/lud_08/HPIM0798.jpg

Hossy
10-08-2006, 07:51 AM
one of the sigs look like joe girardi..

if i spelled that right.

I dont remember what team he played for, but i know he did play baseball.
Usually those balls that have the whole teams autograph on them, arent really autographed by the actual guy. just fyi

pbfreak3221
10-08-2006, 07:57 AM
Joe Giradi isn't any one to special, he play for the cubs, and the yankees, I believe, and usually batted around 200,

Ace24
10-08-2006, 08:12 AM
Usually those balls that have the whole teams autograph on them, arent really autographed by the actual guy. just fyi

I dont see why you say that. I have a baseball that I got signed by the entire team. They did it right infront of me.

Its rare for that to happen because you can buy the balls in the gift shop with the signatures on them... but for the select few that actually put the time into going down on the field and into the dugout to get the autographs, its an amazing experience.

If it is a signed ball by the entire team... (Like an actual in game one) its worth money. If thats signed by a team that no longer has those players, its worth money... but if the team still has those players, and the ball was signed pre-game and printed for store usage, its worth however much it costs to buy it from the store. ($20 or so)

Hossy
10-08-2006, 08:22 AM
ace, i ment the the ones that u buy at the store.

I have an autographed ball from the orioles when ripken was on it, and some other players that were good then, i bought it from the gift shop thing for like 5 bucks...

I later got a ball signed by everyone of the orioles, i think it was 2 years ago, i got there early, and stayed late, but the ones at the gift shop arent signed by the real players....it even said it at the place where you bought it

.21'[~tw!tch*
10-08-2006, 09:14 AM
Thats Mine Give it back.

.;p3ace:.

Ace24
10-08-2006, 11:17 AM
They arnt actually signed... no... but those are their signatures. Their REAL signatures. Just they are REAL copies that are printed onto the leather of the ball. (well pleather I guess)

Hossy
10-08-2006, 11:21 AM
They arnt actually signed... no... but those are their signatures. Their REAL signatures. Just they are REAL copies that are printed onto the leather of the ball. (well pleather I guess)

agreed

08Lud08
10-08-2006, 11:21 AM
To me the signatures look wiped or would the gift shop balls smear too, I dont know. I know its not worth that much because it looked like a dog bite it once(you can see it in the second pic). theres two teeth marks in a spot. I just want to find out what team it is. Im gonna keep looking.

timmyshoota
10-08-2006, 02:05 PM
I have a 1977 Richmond Braves team signed baseball. AAA farm team for the Atlanta Braves. Its an actual game used ball, signed by the players themselves. Most of the names aren't anything special except for one...Dusty Baker, from when he played for them. :)

DFSniper
10-10-2006, 01:24 AM
i have (dont know exactly where it is...) a ball autographed by an ohio minor league team from 7 years ago... since its the minors, its not worth much, is it?