PDA

View Full Version : What springs do you use?

arliss007
10-07-2006, 10:06 PM
I got the 32* spring kit and i was woundering what springs do u use for a high pressure set-up and for a low pressure set-up?

Sandman_Bravo
10-08-2006, 05:24 AM
I run LP. I have the softest valve spring with approximately 1/4 off an inch trimmed off. I have the medium, or stock tension, main spring. She runs around 300-325 psi on N2. CO2 doesn't work well; I don't have an angled drop but rather a rail/asa on-off combo so I get spikes of liquid CO2.
I have to say there is no pre-set spring combinations to use. It's all trial and error in front of a chrono and what internals you have effect what you use.

ross * pilot
10-08-2006, 07:58 AM
for LP, dont you want a hard valve spring so that you get more volume/air? or am i wrong... basically, which valve spring should i use for LP

MVS1
10-08-2006, 12:21 PM
I use the stock valve and med/low main (extreme rage spring kit), pretty much the same as the 32* medium spring. If you run Lp and have problems with air leaking past your valve when you screw in your tank you'll need to go to a stiffer valve spring, the stock valve spring works well for me. And at 300 psi I'm shooting ~280 fps and 21 balls a second, at least that's what the chrono said.