PDA

View Full Version : Strange question

mullannix930
10-07-2006, 04:41 PM
I have Pilot ACS as does a friend of mine. Today he called me and asked about a problem. It seams the screw in the bolt has come out. when I asked him what he ment he told me that it was not the screw in the back that holds the cocking pin but the one in the front of the bolt (the part of the bolt that is not delrin) that you can see if you look down the barrel for example. What is the dimentions of the screw so he can find one to replace it?

sidekick
10-07-2006, 05:11 PM
I'm not sure your buddy is correct. There are no "bolts" in the bolt. There are two set screws, one holds the detent spring and ball in place, the one in the back. And the other holds the pin that joins the bolt to the striker. This set screw that holds the pin in place is screws into the side of the aluminum part of the ACS bolt. To see this one the bolt must be removed from the gun. No "bolts" are visible looking down the barrel.

mullannix930
10-07-2006, 05:45 PM
The part I am talking about is a philips screw that is visible in front of the ACS spring. It looks like it stops the bolt from separating into two pieces, it is visible through the gas port on the bottom of the bolt. I know the detent and the retaining screw, this is not them.

sidekick
10-07-2006, 09:23 PM
I'm not sure what Philips screw you are talking about. I've looked my marker over and there is no Philips screw on or around my ACS bolt. The only Philips screws on my marker are at the feed neck, ball detents, on the ASA, the drop forward and the grips.
The ACS bolt has eight components that make up the complete unit, the delrin body, main spring, aluminum follower, pin, and detent ball, detent spring, and the two set screws. Nine if you include the cocking pin. The set screw that hold the pin in place is what hold the unit together.
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a14/sidekick_30660/ACS_Pin.jpg
This is the ASC partally broken down.
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a14/sidekick_30660/ACS_Apart.jpg
You may want to look at the breakdown diagram of the marker and see if you can locate where it belong there.
http://www.kingman.com/section/support/diagrams/spyder_pilot_acs.pdf

Sandman_Bravo
10-08-2006, 04:15 AM
Are you referring to the bolt inside the hollow of the bolt as you look down the front of it? That one if I remember correctly is a phillips head. The one that has a small o-ring behind it and holds the two halves of the bolt together? Contact Kingman for replacement parts or buy an aftermarket bolt.

mullannix930
10-08-2006, 06:59 PM
That's the one. It has a small o ring and seems to be in place to keep the two parts of the bolt together.

sidekick
10-09-2006, 06:22 AM
So are there two different ACS bolt designs? Mine does not have the screw inside the bolt.

Lexmetal4
10-11-2006, 11:51 AM
Ya there are two Pilot ACS models. (includes different acs) Funny u didn't know.

sidekick
10-12-2006, 05:40 PM
I knew that there were two different Pilot ACS models, but had no idea that the bolt assemblies were different. Live and learn.