PDA

View Full Version : Egg won't turn off

Xecutiv3
10-07-2006, 11:54 AM
I woke up one night to this faint BZZZZT, I jumped up and tried to figure out wtf was going off, and it was my egg. I checked the thing, and the power switch was in the off position, and it was running. It works still, but just wont turn off.
I had left it on a shelf for a few monthes with the batteries in it, but i don't know if that has anything to do with it. Any suggestions?

08Lud08
10-07-2006, 12:00 PM
Did you flip the switch off, or no matter what way you flip the switch it wont turn off. Its probably the board. If you cant fix it you can buy a used y board for cheap but you should probably just get the z board.

Xecutiv3
10-07-2006, 12:05 PM
yeah i wiggled the little metal stick as much as i can without risking breaking it, if its as bad as you say, then im either gonna trash it (it wont fit any of my guns without modding), or ghetto-fy it with two nine plugs and a simple on/off switch

08Lud08
10-07-2006, 12:09 PM
the boards are only $20 and you could probably mod your own switches to it.

DRAGON
10-07-2006, 01:18 PM
Did you ever take it apart? You may have scrunched the 2 wires to the switch together between one of the plastic body supports and they're finally making a connection. Paint in the switch perhaps making the connection? I'd say before you do anything, just take it apart and see if anything looks odd. Take special car to remember how you disassembled it otherwise you may have probs reassembling it. Make sure you clean the eye area very good. That could be another concern -

claustrophobia9
10-07-2006, 01:33 PM
take out the batteries or block the eye. if it goes without batteries, its possessed, if it goes with a blocked eye its broken.

vwjimmy
10-07-2006, 04:18 PM
Don't junk it! If it needs a board I have several y boards lying around...just pm me and we will work something out :)