PDA

View Full Version : Barrel/ball size

elitism
10-07-2006, 09:56 AM
I have a J&J Full Tilt ceramic 14" Barrel. I have read through the list that Otter has on his site with no luck of the ball size needed. I have tried Seconds & Nelson Hot Spot balls but the balls do not seem to be the right size. I take the ball and drop it through the barrel and it falls right through and you can see the gap with both kinds of balls. I am in the military overseas and it is hard to get balls over here so I was wondering if anyone could help me with what balls would go best with my barrel? We buy balls in bulk to keep down on shipping costs, so we can't go buying 20 different kinds of balls. Any help would be great. Thanks.

vwjimmy
10-07-2006, 03:24 PM
I shoot all kinds of paint thru my J&J....
Paint can get bigger/smaller from temp and humidity so it is hard to say which ball will fit the best at any perticular time.....
Right now I have some fresh Hot Spot here and it seems to fit nicely.....
The bore in my barrel sems to be about .690 (big) but I don't have a caliper around so I am sizing it with an edge kit by eye.....
I am going to the field tomarrow so I can try several brands there and get back to you tomarrow nite... :)

timbertiger20
10-08-2006, 06:15 AM
If it's stock .689 I have had very good luck with midnight and most Nelson Paints. It's also far more about how they were handled than the brand although empire paints tend to run very small right out of the manufacturer. Also there is some debate.......but myself and Vike have both played with barrel size with different kits and found that it doesn't make hardly any difference if any in barrel match. It is much more critical that the are not dimpled or out of round than anything! Most of my team shoots their largest bore so that we can snag whatever paint our teammates are shooting. For instance last scenario game I shot tons of paint and people were handing me pod after pod of paint. One particular pod someone handed me I had every couple balls break in my barrel......and this was my largest size. The funny thing was out of the other 6000 rounds I shot that weekend. Not one broke including the other 4-5 types of paint I was handed. Just the one off colored pod I think he slipped in from home was horrible! One of the old timers around here that played tournies back in the day needs to write a good article on adjusting paintballs to fit the barrel by adding moisture or removing mosture before the game. We bring coolers to help adjust our paint and remove any dimples and sometimes the need to adjust size occurs as with empire paints!

elitism
10-11-2006, 09:16 AM
I contacted J&J and they said that the Full Tilt barrel is .688...I measured it myself with a caliper and it came out to .688-.689.

Total90Oliver
10-11-2006, 07:11 PM
Here, this might help: Model
Bore Size
Suggested Paint

Dye Boomsitck
Marballizers, Inferno, Proball

Dye Stainless

Dye Aluminum

Lapco AutoSpirit (stainless)