PDA

View Full Version : The next big step

vikingshadow
10-07-2006, 07:25 AM
Well, I've taken the next big step in my paintball career. No, not gotten back in and joined the PSP, LOL! This is a somewhat sad day for me....

I packed up ALL my guns, ALL the paintball stuff I had laying around where it was readily accessible and visible, including all my magazines with the exception of two of my PGI magazines that are still in their wrappers. My target in the backyard is dismantled, and except for the stain on the fence from overspray, you couldn't tell it was ever there. My rocket loader is dismantled and hidden, even my wife's Spyders are out of site.

I shot oil through my Phantom - I've only played with it three times which makes me a little sad, and greased up the shocker, packed them away and they're in their place in my closet. My Reloader B is in it's original box, and my tools are tucked away.

I can't bring myself to sell anything yet, though. Maybe next summer I'll pull them out and play with them a little. Anyway, I figured I'd put the teaser out there that MAYBE some on my equipment will be up for sale soon. I'm just ready to continue my life and have MORE money and time than I ever had playing paintball. I've actually gotten some house repairs and such done since I quit!

More sad news - I think Catalyst is falling apart. My original co-captain is still there, along with a couple of the guys we brought on a couple years ago, but for the most part, they've played one tournament and plan on another next week, which is the only two they've played this year. I hate to see that since I was hoping it would become a legacy in Oklahoma. Still, 3 years as a team is a pretty good run! Not too many teams outside the semi pro and pro ranks can say that! Let's hope they stay together!

Point of the thread - well, I guess none, other than an update. Haven't posted much, so I thought I'd let you guys hear some news.

vwjimmy
10-07-2006, 07:31 AM
Well, I am gonna think of this as your winter break! You know, school, house repair, etc.....
Leaving all together isen't an option Vike, I can already see the Phantom getting dusted off for some recball in the spring!!!
:)

QAZ123
10-07-2006, 07:45 AM
Yeah I'm in the same boat somewhat. I don't even play except for some small tournies. I don't even go and practice anymore. Not putting my stuff away but realizing there are other thing's in life to try out and have fun with.

Met a girl last week. We went out for ice cream thursday night. She hate's paintball lol! Had an ex that dragged her to the field all the time so she could sit and watch him play so she's not thrilled about it but doesn't really care. Although I'd rather take off and do something with her than head to the field at this point (might not stay that way lol)!

It happen's. There's other thing's in life to experience is how I look at it!

JB.

thechubbss12
10-07-2006, 08:06 PM
Ehh thats life vike.... people move and and everyone grows up... I just hope that you can still break out the shocker or phantom here and there and play everyonce in a while... maybe head down to OKC or Mcloud to play some paintball with meh.... Just dont let it fully die..

Nenkitsune
10-07-2006, 08:46 PM
aww, that's sad to hear vike.
my friends and i just play in the forests and fields by his house, so i don't play often, but i'll never quit, since i dont' really spend much money besides air and paint. my gf doesn't care for pb, and she's terrified to play (so i don't make her, i'd rather go out on a date with her anyways XP)
anyways, i'd just say this is a winter break. ya know, it's cold, paint freezes and co2 turns crap, so you put up the gun and get things done till the sun comes back

Ace24
10-07-2006, 09:34 PM
You know that fire will never go out inside of you. You can't completely give up the sport. Keep at least one gun. Otherwise you'll find yourself buying the stuff all over again. Either that or donate the phantom to me... :) jk lol.

Sad to see another player leaving/questioning it.

DRAGON
10-07-2006, 09:57 PM
All this because you had a bad time at the movies? Jeeeeeeeeez! :o Next think we know, you'll be getting tired of being an ejamakator - :eek:

Sounds to me lately as though you've just been slowly stepping through another door in your life but don't know exactly where/which direction you want to take it - :confused:

Mid life crisis at an early age? -

Sandman_Bravo
10-08-2006, 04:38 AM
Just take a breather from it. Don't sell all your stuff like everyone has said. I think paintball is an ageless sport. I discovered it later in life and since have brought 2 other people into it. One is 45 and one is 34. I beleive that supports my theory. You can still work on other aspects of your life and relationships, just don't get rid of everything. Put it in storage, and it will be there waiting for you when you come to your senses, lol-jk.

pbgrandpa
10-08-2006, 12:27 PM
Geeezzz Vike!!!!! I pack my stuff up at least once a month and say this is it no more. I usually come to my senses on the long drive to work. It's just too much fun to quit all together.

newkid
10-08-2006, 04:12 PM
That sad'ns me :bawling:

bamf-hacker
10-09-2006, 07:06 AM
Still sad to see you not playing anymore.... If you ever want a pick up game and are in my neck of the woods, give me a call.

I will even give you a loaner so you need to unbox your stuff (until you are ready to sell it to me ;))

durrell
10-09-2006, 07:14 AM
Sometimes it just gets old. I stopped playing last year for a reason still unknown to me..I just can't seem to get back into the playing aspect of it. Maybe someday I will, but for now I'm perfectly happy being the guy who sales stuff instead of playing. :)

I'm sure it will all turn out to be cool vike..

1stezekiel
10-09-2006, 07:47 PM
trust me viking, dont get rid off all of it . just down size a little . i sold a bunch of my stuff, i just dont play as often . i do have a gun that i hopped up pretty good and it keeps me happy when i do want to play . most hobbies lose a little luster after you crash for that hobby with all youve got . just keep what you'll use, not what you'll have as a trophy .......good luck .

jason2015
10-19-2006, 11:04 AM
Take a breather until the fire comes back to you. I would recommend not selling any gear, I have made that mistake twice already.

Oh and to the guy that said his new girlfriend doesnt like paintball get rid of her!

Paintball will never leave you it will always be there.

RomeNYRR
10-19-2006, 11:10 AM
sometimes u just have to move on from things... good luck with the repairs to your house. dont sell everything, just play it for fun now :)

Berserker
10-19-2006, 01:52 PM
ha ha. u guys r suckers. u prolly nevr played ball in ur life. ballrs suck it up and play so suck it up or stfu. if u did play, u prolly sucked so its prolly good u dont play anymore.

if u played go out and shot somone else and get tuf. my old man says thres to kinds of ppl thos woh do and thos woh ***** bout the ones that do. what kind r u?

vikingshadow
10-19-2006, 02:08 PM
Not sure if you're talking to me, or to the whole forum. I guess your "SNIPOR" barrel is better than me - I guess because you actually still play.

I'm the kind of guy who has mountains of patience - but when it runs out, watch out! I'm warning you now, watch out!

bigred76
10-19-2006, 03:39 PM
Berserker, I'm really getting sick of your half-assed flames. I say half-assed since they are obviously attempts at flames, but I can't understand what the hell you're saying. :confused:

Since this topic has been brought up again, how has it been for these last 10 days Vike?

Ace24
10-19-2006, 03:44 PM
That dude joined in with PWNEDuAgain in flaming me... and alot of other people. Both of them are getting on my nerves. Frickin trolls.

Hob Hayward
10-19-2006, 04:04 PM
Meh they're morons, thats what. Ignor them, and they won't acctually do anything. Just get frustrated and leave.

timmyshoota
10-19-2006, 05:58 PM
ha ha. u guys r suckers. u prolly nevr played ball in ur life. ballrs suck it up and play so suck it up or stfu. if u did play, u prolly sucked so its prolly good u dont play anymore.

if u played go out and shot somone else and get tuf. my old man says thres to kinds of ppl thos woh do and thos woh ***** bout the ones that do. what kind r u?

Speak english...and one more thing...

You contribute absolutely nothing to this forum and are more of a headache than anything else. You waste bandwidth by posting your useless babble. Even if you posted in english it still wouldn't make any sense. Do yourself a favor. Click where it says Log Out and then forget you ever knew about this forum.