PDA

View Full Version : 03 nissan sentra?

xtraking
10-06-2006, 07:12 PM
Im in the market for a car guys. I went car "shopping" all day today, test drove a 96 volvo 850 glt (or whatever the gl thing is) VERY nice, the only thing that bugged me was that it was a 96 and the price was 2 grand more then kelly blue book, and then i test drove 2 2004 nissan sentras. I liked the cars alot, simple, but yet had some good features, had a pretty good amount of room and drove quite nicely. The onyl bad thing was these cars werent maintained that well.

http://www.mileonecertified.com/Preowned-Inventory.aspx?InventoryId=14589894
But i foudn this when i got home and called the guys and im going to see it at 9 am.
So, what are your views on nissan sentras? Obviously its a pretty new car with pretty low mileage. Ive seen some pretty decent reviews, some complaints were about the pickup, but i thought it was nice so i dont have complaints about that.

Just whatever input you got would be great!

colonel_moo
10-06-2006, 07:15 PM
where the hell did you get 9 grand!??

if i were you, id get something like a nissan 300zx, or something like that if you like imports. if you are gonna be spending that kind of money, you might as well get something sportier.

vwjimmy
10-06-2006, 07:16 PM
Not a bad car....
Make sure you have an independent tech check it out and have him check for oil leaks at the front cover....
:)

xtraking
10-06-2006, 07:23 PM
where the hell did you get 9 grand!??

if i were you, id get something like a nissan 300zx, or something like that if you like imports. if you are gonna be spending that kind of money, you might as well get something sportier.
I have about 6 grand for a car from work, and my parents said they would pay the rest so im lucky on that part. But i like compact cars like these, such as civics, corollas, blah blah. I dont need a sportier car as my frist car, just something that is pretty comfortable and has good gas mileage which the sentra has for both.

And jimmy, yeah my dad is a state trooper and we always take our cars to the main state trooper mechanic and he does a great job, and plus you know you arent geting ripped off when you go to him.

What im really asking i guess is, from past experience, are nissans reliable and exceed 100k?

albertjackson99
10-06-2006, 08:13 PM
My only concern would be having the title and vin background checked...the used car market got flooded with flood cars after Katrina. The dealer might be a great dealer, but whoever sold it to him could be scum.

claustrophobia9
10-06-2006, 08:39 PM
nissans rock, my 97 is still rollin strong.

DyNasty9
10-06-2006, 08:41 PM
ya nissans are deffinatly good cars, its a nice choice.

xtraking
10-06-2006, 08:44 PM
My only concern would be having the title and vin background checked...the used car market got flooded with flood cars after Katrina. The dealer might be a great dealer, but whoever sold it to him could be scum.
Yeah man definatly, i actualy came across 2 actually today! But this one has a carfax report, only one owner who was within 5 miles of us. She traded it in just because she moved and didnt need it for whatever reason... but yeah no Katrina cars.

vwjimmy
10-07-2006, 12:01 AM
Yes...Nissan makes a fine car easily capable of 250,000 miles when well cared for :)
(I drove a 83 Nissan P/U for 335,000 before it rusted to the ground! It still ran great!)

Nader
10-07-2006, 12:08 AM
Toyota camry man. Great little car, pretty good pickup too, and their fairly cheap.

My Camry has 280,000 miles on it and it's still running strong!

As for the Nissan, it's a fairly decnt car, good features for the price. I'd say go for it if nothing else pops up. But don't be too eager to buy a car man, have patience and you'll find a good one. :D

durrell
10-07-2006, 12:22 AM
I'm not a fan of the little compacts but if you are, Nissan, Honda, and Toyota are all good choices.

Ace24
10-07-2006, 01:06 AM
I would go Toyota or Honda or Mitsubishi over Nissan unless you were getting a 240SX, Skyline, or Maxima GTR.

Otherwise I would get a Honda Civic, Honda S2000 (Out of your price range so is the Skyline), Toyota Corrola, Toyota Camary or a Mitsubishi! Mitsubishi Starions, Evo Lancers, Eclipse's (OLDER ECLIPSE'S THE NEWER ONES ARE **** *aka the pre 1998 era are the good ones*) Mitsubishi also makes the 3000GT wich is a Dodge Stealth.

Why buy a rice burner when you can buy a older Camaro or Firebird?!

Haha, just thought I would throw all those ideas into there. But Sentras are decent... a Honda will last you longer though. So will a Toyota. You can easily get over 250,000 miles on them. That doesnt even scratch the capability of the engines those thigns have in them. They have been tested to get up to just under 400,000 miles. But... good luck finding a car thats body will last 400,000 miles. Haha.

Honestly, the nice thing about forgien cars are the fact that they are totally customisable. You can buy really good parts for really cheap. Put in a turbo, put in a intercooler, slap in a cold air intake. That little car can pack a punch if properly tuned and profected.

All in all... I would check all of your options, then after testdriving a bunch of different kinds of cars, get one that suits you best. Keep in mind, the resale value on those cars are pretty good... (at least I think..)

HAVE FUN!

xtraking
10-07-2006, 05:28 AM
another thing... i cant get a car below '00 due to loan issues. If i try and get a honda above '00 for under 10k its either going to A. Have high mileage ( i know hondas are going to last awhile but still i dont know) and B. Be pretty basic.

Im gonig out in a few, and im gonig to look at a few other places before work so ill tell you guys after i get back.

Thanks again,
dAVe

newkid
10-07-2006, 06:26 AM
good luck!

xtraking
10-07-2006, 02:56 PM
bad news... sentra was sold :(
BUT!!!!!! I found an 03 corolla that literally looks brand new. Has 60k miles for 8700. New tires, new brakes, just changed oil, and only one owner! Its black, and yeah i love it, surprisingly has alot of room, is a quiet car, cd player, and blah blah. Onyl bad thing is manual windows, but thats okay, ti doesnt amtter to mcuh to me.

Im so excited :-D

vwjimmy
10-07-2006, 04:11 PM
Nice D......glad you got hooked up!!!!
Good luck tomarrow in FF too... :)

timmyshoota
10-07-2006, 04:43 PM
I would go Toyota or Honda or Mitsubishi over Nissan unless you were getting a 240SX, Skyline, or Maxima GTR.

Otherwise I would get a Honda Civic, Honda S2000 (Out of your price range so is the Skyline), Toyota Corrola, Toyota Camary or a Mitsubishi! Mitsubishi Starions, Evo Lancers, Eclipse's (OLDER ECLIPSE'S THE NEWER ONES ARE **** *aka the pre 1998 era are the good ones*) Mitsubishi also makes the 3000GT wich is a Dodge Stealth.

Why buy a rice burner when you can buy a older Camaro or Firebird?!

Haha, just thought I would throw all those ideas into there. But Sentras are decent... a Honda will last you longer though. So will a Toyota. You can easily get over 250,000 miles on them. That doesnt even scratch the capability of the engines those thigns have in them. They have been tested to get up to just under 400,000 miles. But... good luck finding a car thats body will last 400,000 miles. Haha.

Honestly, the nice thing about forgien cars are the fact that they are totally customisable. You can buy really good parts for really cheap. Put in a turbo, put in a intercooler, slap in a cold air intake. That little car can pack a punch if properly tuned and profected.

All in all... I would check all of your options, then after testdriving a bunch of different kinds of cars, get one that suits you best. Keep in mind, the resale value on those cars are pretty good... (at least I think..)

HAVE FUN!

Other than the bolded paragraph, don't listen to anything else he said. I've never seen worse car advice in my life.

Civic, Corolla, Sentra. Any of those are good choices. My cousin has a 03 Sentra Spec-V. The interior is pretty nice in them. A friend of mine has a 03 1.8S model or whatever and its pretty nice on the inside also. Let's face it, when you drive a car you spend all your time inside the vehicle, so you want something pleasing, or else you will dread driving it. Any of those three choices will give you that. I seriously doubt you will even come close to 200k in the car you buy before you are ready to buy a new car. Just get a car that will give you a good 6-7 years because you'll probably be in a position to buy something new at that point. If you move down here to VA or NC for college, you'll probably put 15-16k on a car a year. Remember that because with all the driving you'll be doing back and forth from school to home, you will want to be comfortable in it.

xtraking
10-07-2006, 04:50 PM
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?car_id=210032751&dealer_id=58555227&car_year=2003&model=COROL&bkms=1160264620190&num_records=25&make2=&start_year=2003&engine=&certified=&body_code=0&fuel=&search_type=used&distance=25&color3=&color2=&make=TOYOTA&color=&min_price=&drive=&max_mileage=&style_flag=1&sort_type=priceDESC&address=21084&advanced=&end_year=2003&doors=&transmission=&max_price=&cardist=22
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/hockeyrat96/corolla.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/hockeyrat96/corollarightside.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/hockeyrat96/corollainterior.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/hockeyrat96/corollafront.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/hockeyrat96/corollaback.jpg

There she is... pictures are from previous owner, ill get better pics later.

timmyshoota
10-07-2006, 08:29 PM
Hopp, don't get a CE model Corolla. Get the LE model. LE model came with 4 wheel disc brakes and power windows. The CE model has rear drums and manual windows. The S model even has drum brakes in the rear. LE and XRS have rear disc brakes.