PDA

View Full Version : Regulator/other info

elitism
10-06-2006, 03:43 PM
1. Is the forgrip on the vs2/vs3 an expansion chamber and a regulator?
2. Besides the trigger and rate of fire what are the differences in the vs2/v3?
Thanks.

pbfreak3221
10-06-2006, 03:53 PM
I'm not quite sure about number 1 there is no other differenece other than the trigger betwee the VS2, and VS3

EDIT:: apparently they take slightly different barrel thread sizes as well

elitism
10-06-2006, 03:58 PM
Thanks, I'm looking at buying either the vs2/vs3 or the electra...I want to get the better of the 3 and I don't want to have to order an expansion chamber or anything if I'm buying a new gun. I only use CO2 because I'm overseas and thats all we can get. So I want to get the best gun outta the 3. Thanks again.

pbfreak3221
10-06-2006, 04:01 PM
I personally would go with the VS2 out of all those choices, the rocking trigger in my opinion, is really not worth it, and it isn't aloud in a lot of places.

elitism
10-06-2006, 04:06 PM
Do you know of any upgrades that I would have to buy for best performance, ie expansion chamber, with co2?

elitism
10-06-2006, 04:07 PM
Also do you know what all rof the vs2 has?

Kingman-Rep
10-06-2006, 04:11 PM
it isn't aloud in a lot of places.

I can't comment about the local fields in your area, but every field owner i work with has no problem with the rocking frame. please do make a statement about a product without knowing the facts

The fore grip is just a foregrip. the regulator is built into the on/off.

aside from some milling differences in the two guns they both have the same features.

pbfreak3221
10-06-2006, 04:14 PM
A lot of the places around where I live, do not allow, it but I'm sorry if that does not apply to everyone.

elitism
10-06-2006, 04:18 PM
I am in the military overseas in Egypt so we play with everything, I prolly won't play any while I'm in the states, so it doesn't matter to me. So, I prolly should by some sort of expansion chamber with the vs2? If so can you guys refer me to any good ones?

Halucin8
10-06-2006, 10:47 PM
no expansion chamber is needed since the front fore grip will act as one. what you will need is a good anti-siphon co2 tank so that you do not get liquid co2 in the regulator that is where you screw the co2 bottle in.
Also if your around any of the air bases you should be able to get nitrogen pretty easy at work and just buy a fill station and fill themup yourself from the nan carts.

elitism
10-07-2006, 02:10 AM
I think I'm set at getting the VS2. I have a J&J full tilt 14" barrel and a halo frontman hopper. I will also order a anti-siphon tank. Is there anything else that I should buy to help increase the performance and range/accuracy of the marker? Thanks.

Halucin8
10-07-2006, 10:49 AM
i would be a little leary about buying barrels for the vs series markers also since the one review i have read says that the threads are the same but the body of the marker can get in the way for some spyder threaded barrels

TheRedBarron
10-07-2006, 11:07 AM
A VS2 accepts all spyder barrels, a VS3 requires a barrel that is a little thinner around the threads, same size threads just a clearance issue.

Also. As far as a regulator and the such goes, I do not dare say anything without first testing one, but I would imagine that an inline reg would prove to be a worthy upgrade over the horizontal one that is there. (you could dual reg but that is a pain so If getting an inline reg get a regular on/off)

DRAGON
10-07-2006, 12:37 PM
If you have the cash and 3000psi compressors are available in Egypt, get an hpa tank. Expansion chambers are useless in hot weather so I suppose they would be useless in Egypt. Any barrel you choose for the VS2 should be just fine -

elitism
10-08-2006, 08:24 AM
I have nitrogen at the airfield where I work but it only goes to about 2200 psi and its only hot for 2/3 of the year here. It gets freakin cold here and the chill is coming soon.

TheRedBarron I have looked for/at inline regulators but Im not sure what I should get, can you give me some links to some that you would recommend?

08Lud08
10-08-2006, 11:29 AM
2200 psi is good enough for a game or two but you'll have to refill after that probably.

Cakeslob
10-08-2006, 02:37 PM
the reg on the vs seems to be the same as any other kingman reg...

CareBear-Killer
10-08-2006, 02:50 PM
Thanks to the wonders of the internet... It is my understanding that while the VS3 does require a 'slimmer' barrel, i have heard that the trinity and j&j barrels will fit the VS3. It is true that the VS2 can take any barrel, as it doesn't have anything that hangs out over the barrel.

If you do get a different regulator for the VS2 or VS3, you will need to get an adaptor or a reg with a female fitting. That or you'll need to change out the VA.

Hob Hayward
10-08-2006, 04:06 PM
Is the foregrip asa threaded at the top, or does it have some ghetto kingman fitting holding it on? If its ASA threaded Buy a LP Stab and a new asa and your golden on co2 use.

Kingman-Rep
10-09-2006, 09:09 AM
the reg on the vs seems to be the same as any other kingman reg...
How could you say it seems to be the same? When did Kingman make a reg with an on/off built into it?

Is the foregrip asa threaded at the top, or does it have some ghetto kingman fitting holding it on? If its ASA threaded Buy a LP Stab and a new asa and your golden on co2 use.
The VS guns are not asa threaded for a front regulator, however a couple of aftermarket companies are already working on that and other accessories.

CareBear-Killer
10-09-2006, 10:02 AM
How could you say it seems to be the same? When did Kingman make a reg with an on/off built into it?

The VS guns are not asa threaded for a front regulator, however a couple of aftermarket companies are already working on that and other accessories.

WooHoo! I'm curious to see what all is being made for this marker by aftermarket companies. Not for the fact that this marker really needs anything, but just for the idea of customization. I sure do think a blue CP reg would look good on this marker.