PDA

View Full Version : VS3 or MR3

RomeNYRR
10-06-2006, 04:29 AM
Hi everyone,

I'm new to the paintball world and after my 3rd time playing, I knew it was time to get a marker. I'm definetly not a pro, so lets forget about the Angel marker. From what I hear, spyders are definetly coming up on the High-End of the paintball markers world so i'm trying to go with them. From all the pro's and intermediates, what would you recommend, the vs3 or mr3? Help!!!

Nenkitsune
10-06-2006, 08:51 AM
the VS2 actually. the only diffrence between the vs2 and vs3 is that the vs3 comes with a rocking trigger. i've used a rocking trigger before, it was ok, but i like normal triggers more. the mr3 is ok if you like senario play, but if you don't do that kind of stuff, get the vs2, it's cheaper than the vs3 and just as good

RomeNYRR
10-06-2006, 09:02 AM
Whats Scenario play? is that like a paintball war simulation? if anything i think i might get the vs3 because its stylish, looks lighter than the MR3, and its seems like a reasonable price. thanks for the tip

RomeNYRR
10-06-2006, 09:04 AM
the VS2 actually. the only diffrence between the vs2 and vs3 is that the vs3 comes with a rocking trigger. i've used a rocking trigger before, it was ok, but i like normal triggers more.

Are you supposed to get more BPS with the rocking trigger?

Maxx-Damage
10-06-2006, 10:41 AM
yes but some places its illegal to use in touneys or regular play.

pbfreak3221
10-06-2006, 10:59 AM
Yeah, I would deffinetly go with the VS2, and while your at it you can give as a review

RomeNYRR
10-06-2006, 12:18 PM
i'm going to see if i can pick one up today, i'll let you guys know

Nenkitsune
10-06-2006, 06:06 PM
man, i envy people with money hah. i'd go out and buy a vs2 right now if i could.i'd go with the vs2 because of the triggerframe. it's interesting that kingman made them have different millings too, instead of just making one have a rocking trigger, and one have an infinity trigger.

oldnewb
10-08-2006, 07:31 PM
Whats Scenario play? is that like a paintball war simulation? if anything i think i might get the vs3 because its stylish, looks lighter than the MR3, and its seems like a reasonable price. thanks for the tip

Scenario play is just another way of saying that some people prefer for their paintball markers to look like a real gun rather than a bright toy. Now, nothing against tourney-style markers, but I like to compare them to sports cars, as opposed to the heavy duty HUMMER style of a milsim marker.

Also, look at your style of play. Are you rough on your marker? A milsim / scenario marker are usually more ruggedly built, but the downside of being made of more metal is that is usually heavier. Also, the MR3 is fairly weather-resistant... not alot of open moving parts or other areas for rain, mud, and dirt to penetrate. Lastly, do you like to hide or sneak around? Having a brightly coloured marker doesn't help.

However, if weather, durability, and concealability aren't big issues for you, the VS marker IS lighter, so that may be more important to some.

Oh, and there are no sight rails on the VS marker. That means you can't mount any red-dot or laser sights on it, if that matters to you.