PDA

View Full Version : New guy on the block that just picked up a new Pilot ACS 05!!! Questions?

Akira
10-05-2006, 08:02 PM
Hey guys,

I just bought a Pilot ACS 05. I havent even had a chance to use it yet but I have purchased many upgrades for it:

1. SP Progressive 06 14" Barrel
2. Evo II hopper
3. CCM low-rise feedneck
4. Dye Sticky 3's
5. Dye barrel sock
6. Using XBall Gold pink/gold and PMI Prem pink/silver

Is there anything else that I might "need" to make my first adventure a "FUN" outing with the boys? We are hitting up Splat Tag in western wisconsin even though we are from MN. I'm thinking about getting a NXe 4 pod Pro belt with Dye pods. Let me know, your thoughts are welcome. Thanks guys!

~Ryan

Sandman_Bravo
10-06-2006, 01:42 AM
A barrel swab is handy. Enjoy.

Darkh2o
10-06-2006, 04:22 AM
Maybe an air tank? (That way you could actually shoot it.:rolleyes: )

pbfreak3221
10-06-2006, 04:31 AM
That all looks great, just get a swab those are cheap usually around 4$, an air tank any where from around 20$-200$. But after that you should be fine

MVS1
10-06-2006, 11:01 AM
Spend your idle time compressing the ACS spring in your bolt, put some marker oil on all your o-rings and 1 or 2 drops in your ASA (where the air bottle screws in, be sure and remove your barrel and dry fire it 5 to 10 times. This should have you pretty much ready to play. Some things to think about getting/doing are getting a regulator, getting a new vertical adapter/or drilling out your stock one, getting a high flow valve and valve stem and finally getting a spring kit (32* degrees makes a pretty good kit for around $10). Don't try and do too much all at once. Good luck, hit the forum for any tech tips/questions, I know its been a great source of info for me.

Akira
10-06-2006, 05:41 PM
HAHA!

Thanks guys for your replies. In the package I bought it came with 20oz CO2 bottle and orange squeegie. I just listed off the "upgrades" that I purchased. :p

I got to test fire it today after work, that SP Prog 06 barrel is pretty nice. I was standing about 45 ft from a tree stump sticking out and pegged it everytime. First shot was dead center!

Question: How do I adjust the flow of air into the chamber? Is it the knob at the back of the gun, behind the striker? Do I want it all the way out, all the way in, or half way? Thanks guys. Also, how the hell do I take off the tank without spraying C02 everywhere for like 5 seconds.

Sandman_Bravo
10-06-2006, 05:58 PM
Here is Kingman's tutorial video site:

http://www.kingman.com/section/support/videos/videos.html

The knob on the back is the velocity adjustment. It effects the main spring pre-load tension. Screwing it in increases velocity, out decreases. (velocity=feet per second) Get to a field that has a chronograph and "chrono" your gun. You want to be under 300 fps. If you are 250fps or less, then you would want to increase it some and vice-versa.
When removing the tank, that moment just before it begins to de-gas, begin shooting while unscrewing the tank (without paintballs) until the pressure is gone.

Lastly, go to Otter's site; it is a varitable plethura of viable knowledge to quench your thirst for paintball anwers.

http://www.ottersccustoms.com/index.html

Good Luck.

Nenkitsune
10-06-2006, 07:04 PM
basically, screw the tank out abou thalf way, then fire it a bit while you keep unscrewing it. that works best for me.

Total90Oliver
10-06-2006, 07:22 PM
shoot someone in the nuts for me

Akira
10-06-2006, 08:12 PM
Sandman thanks again man! I figured it was the main adjustment, makes perfect sense now, cool. I thought I could feel some CO2 come out of it when i fired each time, a lil puff of air on my cheek, weird. It was screwed way out. Next Sunday is the big day, cant wait! Thanks for the tip on the purging of the CO2 as well, awesome. Thanks guys

Canadianpballer
10-06-2006, 09:25 PM
shoot someone in the nuts for me
THAT IS THE BEST PART OF PAINTBALL!

Sandman_Bravo
10-07-2006, 03:09 AM
:nutkick: I never really cared for getting hit in the nuts, I don't understand why you like it...

:dodgy:

08Lud08
10-07-2006, 08:01 AM
people getting hit in the nuts is not funny to me, but back on topic good luck on your game.

Akira
10-07-2006, 04:39 PM
Interesting scenario today:
Got home from work assembled everything together. Filled up the Evo II with some XBall gold and went outside. Fired about 30-40 shots perfectly fine. After that I started getting double fires. It was on Semi the whole time. Also the gun was getting super cold. Out the barrel was shotting little white ice crystals as well. Then I chopped a ball and it just got messy after that. Balls were curving like crazy.

Is it normal to have thick white smoke and ice crystals(pretty much snow) come out your barrel only after about 60 shots? Does the gun get that cold too?

viseversa2303
10-08-2006, 09:39 AM
you might need to get your tank anti siphon because sounds like your getting liquid co2. About the double fires your hoppers may not be feeding your marker fast enough so that is the reason you are getting double fires or blowbacks.

Akira
10-08-2006, 04:00 PM
During this whole time it was only on Semi, I was just doing single pulls as well, not trying to fire fast. I did read a bit about what causes it, apparently it happens in many Pilot's. I think that I am going to get a SP anti syphon tank. Cool

J_Young
10-08-2006, 05:23 PM
Did you adjust your trigger pull? If so, you may have it set too close to the trigger switch and the double firing that you are experiencing may be trigger bounce. Try backing the trigger off a little(if you have adjusted it for a short pull that is)