PDA

View Full Version : Acs Break In ?!?!?

jdrochell
01-10-2006, 03:14 PM
Hello, I'm new to the forum and I have a question. I picked up one of the Spyder Pilot ACS markers the other day and have yet to fire it. I noticed while reading some of the post about the ACS bolt, someone said something about placing the squeegee in the feed neck and firing the gun about 1000 times to break in the ACS bolt. Is this something that needs to be done? I have yet to fire my marker yet, but a friend of mine went out and got one just like it, and when he was out test firing it today, He had one chop that turned into a chain reaction of non stop chopping.

I just want to know if the ACS bolt needs to be "broken in" before using? I see no mention of it in the manual so that's why I'm asking it here.

Thanks in advance for the responses!

covert24
01-10-2006, 03:22 PM
yes it does. dont fire it jsut sit by the tv and compress the spring with ur hands for a couple of hours. its just that when the sprinmg is new it is stiff or semi-stiff and needs to be comprerssed alot of times so that it will get used to bending

ad0131065
01-10-2006, 03:42 PM
Yea the reason he chopped so much was because it wasnt broken in

percast_kingman
01-10-2006, 03:45 PM
yes it does. dont fire it jsut sit by the tv and compress the spring with ur hands for a couple of hours. its just that when the sprinmg is new it is stiff or semi-stiff and needs to be comprerssed alot of times so that it will get used to bending

What you are sayin is that you have to shoot only with the battery?(without gas)?

bigred76
01-10-2006, 04:14 PM
No no no...Fill up a 20oz tank, and stick something downb your feedneck that will stop the spring. Turn on the frame and fire until you are out of gas. If it still needs more (shouldn't, but just in case), fill the tank up and do it again. ;)

jdrochell
01-10-2006, 04:16 PM
Ok, I've taken the bolt out of mine and I'm compressing the spring... Hope it's ready to get busy tomorrow b/c I'm going to take it out and wail on it. I so hope this gun works like It should. I don't want to have one of those 98 something or others that everyone else has.

HITMAN
01-10-2006, 04:20 PM
Since ur going to a park do wat bigred said to do before u play and u should be set jus in case.

mv540
01-11-2006, 04:51 AM
No no no...Fill up a 20oz tank, and stick something downb your feedneck that will stop the spring. Turn on the frame and fire until you are out of gas. If it still needs more (shouldn't, but just in case), fill the tank up and do it again. ;)

So what are you seing that i fill up my tank, and Im ready to go...but instead of firing just gas, i stick something soft (or please tell me what i can stick in), and I start firing my marker, so when im firing it, the bolt will press the soft stuff???

Thats right??:rolleyes:

covert24
01-11-2006, 04:54 AM
yuup stick like a towel in there and just shoot away. and everythibng u just said above is 100% correct. shoot away and break that mutha in.

mv540
01-11-2006, 05:09 AM
ok, but when you mean "break that mutha in" what do you mean???:confused:

does something most break in??

What happens??? and when i know, that i have to stop??

sorry to ask a lot of q...:p im just want to be 100% sure:D

covert24
01-11-2006, 05:40 PM
lol sry im from ny.

but yea by "break that mtha in" i mean compress the spring over and over again. l;et me take a video of this to clarify things a bit. hold up. by the way im going to us ea electra but its like the same as the pilot.

covert24
01-11-2006, 06:02 PM
here u go http://media.putfile.com/9969

do wut i do at the end of the video over and over again. until it gets softer and ull fele it getting softer because it will taker less pressure to compress the spring.

mv540
01-12-2006, 11:57 AM
thanks man!!!!:p

gailon24
01-13-2006, 10:48 AM
here u go http://media.putfile.com/9969

do wut i do at the end of the video over and over again. until it gets softer and ull fele it getting softer because it will taker less pressure to compress the spring.

That's a great movie, though a little dark. Someone should add the link to it to the sticky!

I was actually working on my ACS this morning and the thought just occured to me to take it out and do this instead of sticking a swab down the barrel and 'wasting' air

covert24
01-13-2006, 02:46 PM
yup no problem guys glasd i could help u guys out. i could take another movie a little lighter if i relaly wanted to but i think u guys get the point. i guess ill take another one lol. brb

covert24
01-13-2006, 03:15 PM
ok Guys here is the re-done version of the ACS bolt Break in process. if anyone wants to sticky this video please feel free and do so.

http://media.putfile.com/ACS-Bolt-Break-In

mv540
01-13-2006, 05:39 PM
hey man, I cant get the bolt out, cause is a little thing (i dont know how its call) that obstruct the way out of the bolt.

here is a video tolet you know what is the little thing...

http://media.putfile.com/kingman

you wil have to see it in theoriginal view:p

covert24
01-13-2006, 05:45 PM
yup all u do with that little p[in on top of the gun is just pull it out. just pull it out of the top of the bolt andit will come out. gotta use some muscle but not much. if u want me to take a video of wut to do just say so.

mv540
01-13-2006, 06:08 PM
post a video please:)

covert24
01-13-2006, 06:08 PM
http://media.putfile.com/pin-out-2

there u go

bamf-hacker
01-13-2006, 06:12 PM
http://media.putfile.com/pin-out-2

there u go

I like how careful you are about the parts coming out of your marker :)

HacKeR

covert24
01-13-2006, 06:17 PM
lol. thank you. i got a carpet. its like a cusion wen the strkier hits the ground and all the other parts:waytogo:

jdrochell
01-27-2006, 09:23 PM
so I don't guess I was too sucessful with the break in of my bolt... I went out and was mr "spray paint". It was horrible.... Clean, Reload, slow rof, and chop again.....

Are you guys sure this ACS bolt really works... I broke it in before I used it... and we ran a couple of different types of paint through it...

I did get an egg in today and with it on there... no problem... I can dump a hopper full auto without a mess... I just think my bolt is one "active chopping suckah".

Oh well, I'm happy with the gun now... I just think the acs thing is hype.

ooglieboogliebob
01-29-2006, 10:43 AM
nah... you havn't worn the ACS bolt in enough ... you always could stick the bolt in the freezer for an hour and then put it in warm water ... make sure it's not hot water because .. it'll wear down the life on the bolt ... that should work as a quick process :) ...

Rastaskater
02-14-2006, 08:17 PM
Try this: tAKE OFF THE FEED NECK and cock the dun with no air in. Stick you index finger down there and put pressure on the bolt before you shoot. If its really hard to keep from hurting your finger then its not broken in enough yet!

NitroBall
02-15-2006, 05:08 AM
breaking in the ACS bolt

u can either take the bolt out and keep pulling on the bolt pin(the pin that connects to the striker) when u got some free time ,like watching TV.

or

wrap a piece of cloth onto a thin piece of stick and put it down the feedneck , the just dry fire the marker .

PandaTruenoGTS
02-15-2006, 08:24 AM
You have to use a good hopper/loader or it will chop, it even says so in the instruction booklet that comes with the gun. The instruction manual says to have one capable of at least 13bps.

Alot of people here say to work the bolt about 1000 times, but I say more like 2000. Which is like consistant work on it for about 2 hours. Watch a movie or a line up of good TV shows while doing so.

big_daddy_d
02-15-2006, 09:01 AM
Try this: tAKE OFF THE FEED NECK and cock the dun with no air in. Stick you index finger down there and put pressure on the bolt before you shoot. If its really hard to keep from hurting your finger then its not broken in enough yet!
MIght as well stick your tongue down the feedneck and see if the bolt works when you fire it :rolleyes: Just remember the best way to break in this bolt is to stick a swab down the feedneck and dry fire the marker 98,000 times...

ooglieboogliebob
02-15-2006, 02:04 PM
98,000 is a little stretch ... heh ... well you could always stick the bolt in the freezer for 30 minutes and stick it in warm water. Never hot. Then, you could just compress it from there .. should take a little less times that way

viseversa2303
05-15-2006, 09:25 PM
Good info guys i just bought a new Pilot ACS and before i take my marker on the field i want to know what to do before so my gun can be in good condition. But Good advice

Slammed0
05-16-2006, 03:36 PM
Well looks like I should do this to mine. I never have yet.

Also, covert24, it must be nice that your pin on top of your bolt pulls out so easy! I really have to yank on mine and usually with some plyers or something.

ooglieboogliebob
05-16-2006, 07:15 PM
If you already shot around a case of paint in your gun .. then you don't havta break it in

don't worry it gets easier to pull out .... after you wear it in ...

Oh yeah .. btw covert24's banned as you can see ... you opened up a pretty old thread ......

philip
09-19-2006, 12:07 PM
I'm trying to figure out if I've got a bad Spyder Pilot ACS or what.

I just received my marker on Saturday, so I immediately filled up my tank, bought some cheap paintballs & KMart & started painting up some trees in my yard.

But I was getting lots of double shots & misfires and then if I tried to shoot more than a couple of shots in a row I'd chop a ball which would shoot paint up into my hopper.

I cleaned my marker out 3 times before I gave up.

I googled my problem and ended up here. So I followed the advice and "excercised" my spring for 1000 shots plus a little.

I also oiled my marker.

I don't have close access to a chrono.

I tried again this morning and still had a bunch of double shots/misfires & chopped a ball after about 20 shots (at least I got that far in).

<<EDIT>> I just went out and bought some RPS Super Swirl paint & tried it againa and had no chops (about 50 balls), but still had lots of misfires, whether I was rapid firing or single shots.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Philip

viseversa2303
09-19-2006, 07:31 PM
well since you said paint went back into your hopper you must of been shooting to fast for your hopper to handle. Try using a Egg or Halo maybe that might be a problem. Make sure paintballs fit well with your barrell also. The problem sounds like your hopper might need a faster feeding hopper from what it sounds like.

philip
09-20-2006, 05:47 PM
Well, since I've been shooting non-KMart paint I haven't chopped a ball, but the marker is still firing twice for nearly everytime I pull the trigger.

Philip

viseversa2303
09-20-2006, 05:56 PM
yeah your getting blowback you might need a better hopper than the standard gravity one

Hob Hayward
09-20-2006, 06:44 PM
Er, how is it double firing, if you press the trigger with no gas, does the noid click once or twice? If it clicks only once try gassing it up, carefully press the trigger once to make sure the trigger isn't bouncing. Does it fire once or twice? Also check to make sure your tank isn't almost empty and remember that if you fire quickly the gun will skip shots because of the acs and your grav hopper.

chad
09-21-2006, 11:28 PM
yeah when i got my pilot acs. i didnt know to break in the acs bolt till after i played a game with it.. it was awful! first the cocking pin came off and due to the stiff acs, i had to get a screwdriver and keep cocking the gun because it was uncocking all the time. but yeah what i did for breaking it in, was take the bolt out and get a flat head screw driver and put it in the little crack at the top of the bolt and grip on to the screwdriver handle and keep going up and down..its easier than pinching on to the bolt pin with your fingers and pulling it back and forth :-) Well good luck.