PDA

View Full Version : paintball statistics

luciusad2004
01-10-2006, 01:53 PM
I wasnt sure if i should put this here or npt. So i put it here since it is related to paintball. Does anyone kno were i could get offical safety records and statistics for paintball? Im looking for somthing non biased like a site that did a study and then posted their unaltered results. I have found plenty of paintball sites with the information but im looking for something nonbiased for a project.
Thank you for all of the help.

claustrophobia9
01-10-2006, 02:06 PM
brasseagle used to have it, but here are the same results.. i also believe wikipb.com might have it. http://groups.msn.com/NOVASCOTIAPAINTBALLPLAYERSCONTACTZONE/howsafeispaintball.msnw

luciusad2004
01-10-2006, 02:14 PM
awesome, Thanks. ive been searching for a while now. Thank u.

RodeoOwner78
01-10-2006, 03:31 PM
That's interesting. I wonder if that small statistic is just from actual paint to body impact. It seems like there would surely be quite a few twisted ankles, broken bones, etc just from running around the field. There's no way we have less injuries than BOWLING!

claustrophobia9
01-10-2006, 03:35 PM
it excludes minor injuries such as twisted ankles or bruises, more serious ankle/ bone breaks that require hospital/medical treatment besides ointment or asprin count.

RodeoOwner78
01-10-2006, 03:50 PM
There must be a lot of clumsy bowlers then. ;) Maybe its the alcohol consumption on league night more than the actual bowling. Seriously those guys take like three steps and have more injuries than in paintball.?.? I'm still skeptical.

RodeoOwner78
01-10-2006, 04:08 PM
This article brings in to question the credibility of the statistics listed above. In truth, there has yet to be a fair and impartial study...

http://www.actionpursuitgames.com/article.asp?content_id=6777

MotoXRyne
01-10-2006, 04:11 PM
Something doesnt seem right...? To me that site says it will take 3 years and 3000 people for someone to get hurt playing paintball? The first link I mean.

Xecutiv3
01-10-2006, 05:25 PM
Thats bull crap, ive had at 2 people hurt, on the same day. One was this rather large guy who had rolled his ankle over once before, and i lit him up and i think he lost his step and twisted it, he was limping for quite some time. The same guy also got a shot to the neck that swelled up so bad that he could barely talk, we were ready to take him to the hospital cuz the welt was right next to his jugular and wind pipe.
During a woodsball game, one guy tripped over a root or something when he got shot, and fell and smacked his head on a log, he blanked out for a few seconds, we thought he got a concussion and that he'd need to get an xray, i never did find out what happened.
3years? these happened within 5 months within a group of 4, 2 got injured, Another guy and I were lucky