PDA

View Full Version : Harvard Implicit Association Tests

durrell
10-03-2006, 01:39 PM
These are eye openers. It really shows how sterotypical someone is, and how simple the human mind puts certain things in certain groups. It's really cool. I've taken 3 so far:

I moderately prefer white people to black people.

I strongly prefer straight people to gay people.

I tend to group weapons with black people and harmless objects with white people.

Try a few and post up your results. Pretty interesting.

https://implicit.harvard.edu/implicit/demo/takeatest.html

bamf-hacker
10-03-2006, 01:56 PM
Your data suggest a slight automatic preference for Thin People compared to Fat People.

DFSniper
10-03-2006, 02:04 PM
Your Result
Your data suggest a strong automatic preference for European American compared to African American.

that was stupid. they put good on one side, bad on the other, and they the switch it around right when you start getting a reflex towards it...

TheRedBarron
10-03-2006, 02:16 PM
Your data suggest a slight automatic preference for European American compared to African American.

Im Black :(

DRAGON
10-03-2006, 02:26 PM
Im Black :(

"Im not black Im ninja... Deal with it."

Make up yer mind would ja - :rolleyes:

TheRedBarron
10-03-2006, 02:27 PM
"Im not black Im ninja... Deal with it."

Make up yer mind would ja - :rolleyes:
Deal with it would ja. :p

bamf-hacker
10-03-2006, 02:42 PM
ok I am confussed...

Barron is Ninja??

And Doc I hate you, each one of those takes 10 minutes... I will most likely do the rest :) And I will need to work from home to get stuff done. Thanks!!

vikingshadow
10-03-2006, 03:07 PM
Your data suggest a moderate association of Male with Career and Female with Family compared to Female with Career and Male with Family.

Hmmmm, wonder what my fellow colleagues would think of that? (I'm the only male in the whole building!)

Moe
10-03-2006, 03:12 PM
your data suggest a moderate automatic preferenec for light skin compared to dark skin.

your data suggest a slight automatic preference for straight people compared to gay people.

Those tests were confusing....well, not really. but they got confusing after a while.

FredPo
10-04-2006, 10:15 AM
It's called the represenative heuristic. If anyone studies pyschology and decision making, they'll learn that as humans, our cognitive resources are limited. In order to make up for our limited cognitive resources, we find quick ways to make decisions whether it's about people or objects.
Heuristics are quick rules of thumbs we use to make decisions; therefore, if we see on the news that an African American killed or shot someone, we'll automatically assume any african american who looks suspicious is going to kill someone. This can also be found by how our country feels about people from Iran, pakistan, and Iraq with regards to 9/11. In essence, we rely on these heuristics to make everyday decisions and it leads to stereotypes. Just thought I would share this bit of knowledge with you guys.

calebh
10-05-2006, 04:49 PM
we just call it generalization in my class... granted, its only intro to psych, but ya...

Your data suggest a strong automatic preference for Straight People compared to Gay People.

Your data suggest a moderate automatic preference for European American compared to African American

we went over these kinds of tests a little bit in class... my results really dont surprise me. i think they really reflect more of your culture, since almost everyone, even black ppl (like barron showed) have a preference for white people. our minds are pretty well set by the culture, and though i dont consider myself racist or very prejudiced by sexuality, obviously theres some kind of influence. being from the south, i probly show it worse than some...

and then theres the thing about switching right after youve got the reflex down, although, to be completely honest, i did find it much easier to get the match when straight people and white people were paired with good...

vwjimmy
10-05-2006, 05:53 PM
"Your data suggests you are the perfect human"
/post

durrell
10-05-2006, 07:13 PM
"Your data suggests you are the perfect human"
/post

/thread :p