PDA

View Full Version : I hate woodsball!

Lexmetal4
10-02-2006, 12:29 PM
I hate woodsball, and was wondering if anyone else hated it to. I don't think its that competative, and i dont think its a team game. Anything?

Ace24
10-02-2006, 12:55 PM
Have you ever even played real woodsball? I dont see how its not competative... I also dont see how its not a team game. I see MORE team work with woodsball then speedball. You have to use team work. There is a much larger play area and you have to cooperate in order to eliminate the other team.

You sir are unknowlegeable of the sport aparently. Have you ever even seen a scenario game? Do you know how much team work is involved in one of those? How your buddy next to you taking the night watch while you catch some zzz's is your only hope against people whom might sneak up and attack? Go out and play a 24 hour scenario game... or a REAL woodsball game, then come back and restate what you just said.

I see so much less cooperation with speedball than any other type of paintball. Thats why speedball is so easy to play with walk-on players. Its pre assumed where people will go. There is only one direction you really can go, and tahts twards the other end of the field. So an immence amount of teamwork isnt needed to win. You still need it.... but its not a huge thing if you dont have it. It's still possible to win.

There has always been and always will be quarrel between speedball and woodsball players... Its never ending.

Mods please close this thread before it turns into a flamers paradise...

pbgrandpa
10-02-2006, 01:06 PM
:yeahthat: I can see em lining up for this one.

Ace24
10-02-2006, 01:09 PM
:yeahthat:

Omgz your MR2 still makes me moan. I effing want to start that project!

PBGrandpa knowes what I am talking about though... dont ya? (In terms of the competition of woodsball/scenario VS speedball)

pbfreak3221
10-02-2006, 01:12 PM
I'd would pick a good game of woodsball over speedball any day. Nothing compares to the thrill I get out of playing woodsball, well at least not untill I get around to try skydiving.

DFSniper
10-02-2006, 01:16 PM
benefits of woodsball:
1) you dont waste as much paint (unless youre me!!)
2) you can actually rest a little if you need to
3) it involves a lot more strategy (speedball is mostly split-second decisions)
4) you dont have to be the fastest shooter out there in order to get someone out.

personal note: i'd rather play woodsball than online games like CS or AA where they flame you for "camping" (i prefer to call it strategic waiting or hunting)

thechubbss12
10-02-2006, 01:22 PM
Eh.. im not a woodsball fan... But i dont hate it...

I started out with woods ball and then i played meh 1st torney and ever since then it was never satisfying... I couldnt justify the use of 200 balls in a woodball game when i could have used them in a speedball game...

It to each his own...

claustrophobia9
10-02-2006, 01:29 PM
non paintball topics?

pbfreak3221
10-02-2006, 01:33 PM
Haha, I didn't even notice that good catch claus

Drefish99
10-02-2006, 02:25 PM
Yeah these always end up Tourney VS. Woods and that usually get no where. To each is their own.