PDA

View Full Version : Will this work ok?

charvel74
10-02-2006, 06:13 AM
I have just recently bought a pilot acs and I am wondering if the hopper I have will be ok for it. It is a viewfinder revolution tripod with the x-board on it. I was only able to use single shots at the filed on Saturday so I am not sure how it will do in burst or other modes. Should this hopper be quick enough for burst or auto ?
Thanks, Mark

bamf-hacker
10-02-2006, 06:16 AM
How new is your Pilot? The original ones were capped at 13bps, in which case your loader will be fine. If you are concerned you could pick up a used Evolution for about $40-$50. That would keep up fine with your marker.

pbfreak3221
10-02-2006, 06:17 AM
Well first offs, it is called a viewloader revolution, not viewfinder. But to answer your question, I believe that it would get the job done, but you would get much better results with a higher end hopper. I have seen a kid using one of these on his electra, and it seemed like he wasn't shooting to fast, but ya bamf pretty much covered it

charvel74
10-02-2006, 06:39 AM
Just got it Friday

vwjimmy
10-02-2006, 06:52 AM
Until you get really fast with your fingers, your Revvy Tripod should be fine. Your Pilot is capible of firing up to 20bps in semi auto if you can finger that fast....but you will probably only get 10 to 13 bps out of your fingers.....
So, since the Pilot does not 'ramp' and is capped at 13bps in auto...you should be fine :)

charvel74
10-02-2006, 07:02 AM
Thanks for the help guys.
Mark

Lexmetal4
10-02-2006, 12:21 PM
it's not the right hopper for your gun. Your gun is capable of 20 bps. But the loader you have is like 12bps or something. I suggest the Halo B w/ rip drive it can have 22+bps.

charvel74
10-02-2006, 01:34 PM
Thats ok for now. I am new at paintball so I haven't developed that kind of trigger speed. So here is another question for you guys are there other triggers that I could use on this gun to aid in faster trigger motion? Also I am sure this has been asked before did my gun come without the top portion of the striker bolt plug. I cannot remember when I set it up went out to the field. It doesn't look like anything has been broken off.
Thanks again, Mark

pb34
10-02-2006, 01:47 PM
Are you talking about the plug that goes behind the bolt? If your gun is one of the newer models it most likely didn't come with it. I also have a pilot and a tripod rev. It works fine for me since my fingers are not that quick yet, I'm sure it will work fine for you too.

Lexmetal4
10-02-2006, 03:46 PM
Yes, there are many spyder pilot compatable triggers. i don't know but if you have seen, but one of the most commonly upgrade spyder trigger systems is the "rocking trigger." You've probably heard of this one, Eh? Also to answer your other Q. My gun is the same model as yours. It does not come w/ the rear acs/striker bolt cover. This is because right now there are 2 different pilot acs models on the market. (i learned this from a kingman technician) You will notice some minor, and some big differences between the two. For example, if you noticed, the delrin acs bolt on your/my gun is different than most on seller sites. (including kingman.com) That's because they remodeled the acs bolt. I had the same Q cause I thought there was something wrong with my gun, I thought i got a "fake" or something. You're not alone, Lexmetal4

pb34
10-02-2006, 03:56 PM
From what I've heard and seen, most people do not upgrade to the rocking trigger. Many people upgrade to the t-board and buy a different trigger.

charvel74
10-02-2006, 05:12 PM
I am very new to paintball but from what I have been reading here in the forums is that rocking triggers are not allowed in a lot of places. Is this true? Should I care if I am not playing in a tournament situation? I would like to increase my finger/trigger speed but I don't want to cheat either. Are there some specific triggers you guys could reccomend?
Mark

pb34
10-02-2006, 05:36 PM
I've heard that many fields aren't allowing the rocking triggers. If your not playing tournaments it won't affect you. It may or may not make ur rate of fire faster. Some people love it and some people hate it. If you have the resources you may want to try it before you buy it. Heres a good regular trigger that I would reccomend:http://www.sundragonpps.com/catalog/item/1583576/1362940.htm

By getting the rocking trigger you wouldn't be cheating, its just a different design. The most important thing is that your happy with your setup. If your new to paintball I think that no matter which you get you'll be ok because either way you'll have to get used to something. The good part is, if you get the rocking trigger and you decide to play in a tourny and they wont let you use it. You can always put your old frame back in. Hope this helps in you decision making!

vwjimmy
10-02-2006, 05:37 PM
I would stick with your trigger frame. The trigger it came with is quite good but when you feel the need to upgrade you can search this site for 'trigger upgrade' and find several suggestions. Fireball Mountain and SPPS are great ones.... :)

charvel74
10-02-2006, 05:56 PM
I have the red/black pilot are there any feednecks with this color combo to match the gun? Otherwise I will just go for a black metal one. Any reccomendations here?
Mark

vwjimmy
10-02-2006, 05:59 PM
Mine looks great with an all black CCM....

Lexmetal4
10-03-2006, 12:20 PM
i would probably stick w/ the stock trigger myself. Thats what i'm doing. If you wanna make it flat, or change the angle just adjust the trigger pull. It's very simple. And, I was not saying to get the rocker just letting you know it waz out there. I love the stock trigger personally. I was gonna upgrade but I decided not to.

charvel74
10-06-2006, 05:03 PM
How do I disassemble my gun at the top where the cocking pin is? I know this has been answered already but I am new at this and I don't want to mess up my gun.
Thanks, Mark
P.S. I would like to take it apart so I can lube the o-rings etc...

Lexmetal4
11-01-2006, 02:03 PM
Dude, try sum of this stuff out 4 urself. U can answer ur own questions u no. Its all in ur manual, i learned everything i needed 2 no bout my pilot by myself u can do it 2 im sure. People dnt look @ things anymore. U can do it its all right there in ur manual.

Hob Hayward
11-01-2006, 02:24 PM
www.otersccustoms.com

and don't be hatin Lexmetal

You can't really mess a spyder up, they're very simple.

Sandman_Bravo
11-01-2006, 02:25 PM
Here are some tutorial vids from kingman's site.

http://www.kingman.com/section/support/videos/videos.html

Take the time to read Otter's "paintball bible" site. He is the one responsible for this site and has already covered almost any question you might have.

http://www.ottersccustoms.com/index.html

Good luck.