PDA

View Full Version : New MR3

Mickey
09-30-2006, 09:55 PM
Jus got mine last night, im a noob to paintball so I took it to a friends house whos on a team (speedball) , I had him fire it first, he put about two hoppers through it, not auto feed and in full auto, got a chop after about 200 rounds. Then put on a Auto loader and the bolt stuck.

He had a match today with his team and asked him to test it out with his group, they had no chops at all , just about two bolt jams after about 5 hoppers, he said that wasnt bad, also he said usually you need to run a little bit more hopper rounds through it before it all works together.

So im guess gonna look for a good hopper and a good red dot scope that will fit the upper rail ( any suggestions?).

Any suggestions Thanks!

DRAGON
09-30-2006, 10:08 PM
Grats on your new MR and welcome to the forums. Think I would get a new barrel before a scope. J&J ceramic is perfect for the MR's. Hopper? Kingman will release a couple new Torpedo hoppers soon. The 'Red Torp' claims a 30+bps feed rate and 230 ball capacity. If you need one now, either a Evolution(Eggo) w/z board or HALO -

Hob Hayward
10-01-2006, 07:38 AM
Whaza?! Where are these torp loaders? I've never heard of them!

But yeah, an Eggy is a good deal and it should feed plenty fast.

DRAGON
10-01-2006, 03:47 PM
Whaza?! Where are these torp loaders? I've never heard of them!.................

They haven't quite hit the market yet. They will soon though - ;)

DmaxEter
10-01-2006, 03:59 PM
I just played my first game today with my MR3 and I am very pleased. The only issue I had was when I ran out of HPA. The gun quit working, go figure?
For the money, quality and performance, im glad I sold my A5. this will be my gun of choice. I want a MR1 or 2 now for a back up gun.

I LOVE MY MR3:D

Mickey
10-02-2006, 10:47 AM
Thanks for the advice, going to pick up the J+J barrel today, ill think i wait for that new hopper, my friend said thats an incredible feed rate!
Glad I didnt go with the A5

whoohoo!

Amazed
10-03-2006, 02:56 AM
I got the MR3 about a week ago and it's really neat... I'm a noob as well so I'm dealing with the learning curve. Haven't bought a good hopper as yet, but am looking at an Empire B2 at a local shop... price is $164.95 which is a bit pricey but I can't seem to find it any cheaper online... <sigh>. I don't mind supporting my local merchant but I'm having a hard time making the purchase... Is this hopper worth the $$$ or should I wait on the next line to hit the market? He also has the Velocity for $134.95 but it has no rip-drive which I thought was good feature. I did order and install a J&J Ceramic 14" barrel, will test it out a bit today. The original barrel sure is a shorty at barely 10"....

oldnewb
10-03-2006, 08:58 AM
The original barrel sure is a shorty at barely 10"....

Hmm... I own an MR1, and the barrel is just shy of 12 inches. I assumed the stock barrels on all the MRs were the same. Perhaps you were measuring it on the gun, which would mean that the shroud is hiding the other 2 inches.

BTW, I have the J&J on my MR1, and it was worth it. Not as accurate as my friend's Freak system (which won't fit on an MR2 or MR3 anyway), but a noticeable improvement over the stock barrel. What was the biggest suprise was that the marker was MUCH MUCH quieter, not exactly silencer-quiet, but it stopped sounding like a massive cannon when being fired.