PDA

View Full Version : Value Life.....

bamf-hacker
09-30-2006, 04:52 PM
OK I am not one to post this type stuff, but I am having an especially hard day today.

My 1st cousin passed away one year ago today. She was 36 years old, had a loving husband and 2 wonderful children.

She was like my sister and even though she lived most of her life in Argentina she and I were very close. She could always make me laugh when I was down and she was there to listen to me when I needed someone to talk to. I was fortunate enough to have her closer when they moved to Miami a few years ago.

She died of a heart attack in her sleep. When the family got up for the day her husband, knowing she did a lot, decided to let her sleep in and take the kids to school. When he came home from work he found her still in bed. She passed away over night, but because he was letting her sleep in they did not find out until later in the afternoon.

As soon as I heard I got on a plane to fly to be with my family.

Today I pulled a muscle in my back so I had a lot of time to sit around and think. Please value life, go talk to the ones you love and make sure they know you love them. Don't hold grudges with people that you love, they may not be around as long as you think.

again sorry for this post, but I really needed to get that out.

-Dan

Theheroguy
09-30-2006, 05:51 PM
:applause: great message really makes you think about life. Guess if I'm valuing life I have to ask someone to the homecoming dance

durrell
09-30-2006, 07:29 PM
Monday will be one year since my grandma passed away. She was only 53 years old and battled Emphysema for the last 15 or so years of her life. But she lived with us because mom took care of her, so it hit close to home. Definitely remember stuff like that next time you're supposed to go see your grandparents but you'd rather be hanging out with your friends, because as bad as it is to say..that one time you see them could be your last..so value the time they're still here..:)

Theheroguy
09-30-2006, 07:33 PM
my grandma died last year I never met my grand fathers and now only my dad's mom is left and she lives in nigeria so I never see her. Whenever you guys get to see your elder family members you really should because the next second they're gone.

edit I guess I pretty much repeated the end of durrels message

shunut
09-30-2006, 08:03 PM
I think its hard for most people to realize how precious live is and how at any moment it can be changed.

I have a different view on things and I live my life differently because my life differs from most. I have had many friends with Cystic Fibrosis (same thing I have), the last one of them dying about 5 years ago. He was a very good friend and we were very close. I miss him everyday and I always think about him. With my health late the reality of everything has really set in. I'm 27 now and the oldest person I knew with CF only lived to 22. Now, I'm not saying I'm going to die tomorrow or anything, or that I've given up. I'm stating this to try to show everyone how fragile life can be. 1 year ago, I was in the best shape of my life. I was working out everyday. I weighed more than I ever had. I was stronger and lifting more than I had ever been. I could play basketball for 3 hours straight and do whatever I wanted. Now, 20 minutes walking on a treadmill and I'm spent.

So to everyone live life. Have fun (safe fun). Don't have any regrets, learn from your mistakes and blunders and move on. Wake up everyday and smile because its another day you get to spend with the people you love. Tell the people you love that you love them, every single day! If you get into a fight with a loved one, forgive them, because if you don't and something was to happen to them before you get a chance to make up you'll hate yourself. If they truly love you, they did not do what they did to hurt you purposefully, everyone makes mistakes, even you. Laugh alot. (finally my personal motto) Have courage in hard times.

Drefish99
09-30-2006, 08:09 PM
I hate throwing christian messages out on the forums as I don't like preassuring people to believe what I believe. I do from time to time wished everyone knew my Lord and savior as I do and have the peace in their heart to know where they will go after they die. We are all here for such a short time. Don't take your lives for granted but live them as they should be lived and leave a legacy. A positive legacy for all to share after you are gone. God be with you all.

leed
10-01-2006, 09:35 AM
I know where you're coming from Dre, and it's okay. You're not preaching, and that's fine.

I honestly don't know how to value life, I just live it, theres no reason to worry about how you're going to die, when you're going to die, becuase then you're just going to be a nervous wreck. As of recent, I've been thinking things over, trying to understand the process of life, it saddens me that people so happy on the outside can be so unhappy on the inside, and take the road of suicidal actions. Then again, if you're like T.O. then it's just for attention, but if you're like this girl I used to know, who hung herself recently, I don't know what to think about it. Just the day before, we had this assembly on bullying and it's consequences, and agh.. Apparently she was actually very happy around her friends and the like, but I guess that goes to show, you can't judge a book by it's cover.

If you're ever down about life, I would share it with others, try not to bring them down, but let them understand why you are the way you are.